[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest stokietom

I like this ROM and have been following it for a while but every release I've tried has always come along with battery drain issues whereas my battery on Fish n Chips is amazing.

Guest Dazzozo

In a previous forum post, we indicated that we would look into this request and, unfortunately we are not able to support video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL libs for Qualcomm's QDSP5 on MSM7x27. The architecture of MSM7x27 cannot support OpenMax video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL on QDSP5 running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

Guest domenico lamberti

it's the usual PR talk, "we can't" translates to "well no-one uses this any more,so we'll pretend it's too difficult to do"

Guest tilal6991

it's the usual PR talk, "we can't" translates to "well no-one uses this any more,so we'll pretend it's too difficult to do"

Spot on. Most companies do this eventually. However I'm surprised that they gave us the Adreno binaries but not the OpenMax ones. I wonder what the difference is?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Edit- Doesn't matter.

Just wondering why CM9 ICS Reloaded from XDA doesn't seem to work with this ROM? It says it works on all CM9 roms but I just get a SystemUI error. Any idea why?

Also, you didn't reply to my last post about the panorama application not displaying the preview properly, so could you look into that?

Also could you look into why we can't play videos back unless we use MX Player, it'd be nice to play them on the stock Gallery.

Finally; any chance of trying to make a center clock and transparent status bar zip when you're not busy?

Thanks

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest BLu3HaZe

As for stock Gallery not working, just discussed above, it needs the OMX libs which QC has just said no to. Which means no hardware video decoding. MX Player works as it has SW decoding mode.

What's the possibility of rewriting existing GB libs for the updated APIs of ICS by third parties such as our own you guys? I know it'd be almost an impossibly difficult task or would have been already done, but now that we've stopped waiting for QC to give any support whatsoever, anything?

I've no idea how reverse engineering works, anyone kind enough to explain it in relation to these libs?

Guest BLu3HaZe

But Qualcomm never even released the specs right? I definitely don't know how to write them let alone reverse engineer anything, will try and get some geeky friends to see if they can figure out anything for the good of all :)

Guest misodoctakleidist

Edit- Doesn't matter.

Just wondering why CM9 ICS Reloaded from XDA doesn't seem to work with this ROM? It says it works on all CM9 roms but I just get a SystemUI error. Any idea why?

That is happening on all phones at the moment because an update in CM9 code broke ICS Reloaded.

Guest chris231

This could be just me/my phone.....

When I use an app that uses GPS (waze in my case) after closing the app, the gps doesn't seem to stop. (icon still on at the top)

Not sure whether the icon just isn't going or the GPS is not stopping.

Switching GPS on the power widget doesn't seem to remove the icon either.

Anyone else find this?

Thanks

Chris

Guest windy_miller
The architecture of MSM7x27 cannot support OpenMax video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL on QDSP5 running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

Bull. s***.

You could get the codecs working on an Spectrum 48k if you put your mid to it.

Guest BLu3HaZe

OT, but speaking of architecture, is the MSM7227T found in the Crescent actually a factory overclocked version of the MSM7227 600MHz found in the Blade, truly running at 787MHz stock? Looking at different settings in No-Frills CPU for stock kernel which shows 800 as max/default and 787 in the OC/CM kernel made me wonder. Also the absence of anything between 480 and 787/800 looked strange.

Guest Dazzozo

OT, but speaking of architecture, is the MSM7227T found in the Crescent actually a factory overclocked version of the MSM7227 600MHz found in the Blade, truly running at 787MHz stock? Looking at different settings in No-Frills CPU for stock kernel which shows 800 as max/default and 787 in the OC/CM kernel made me wonder. Also the absence of anything between 480 and 787/800 looked strange.

Yeah it's the same SoC, but clocked higher.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Yeah it's the same SoC, but clocked higher.

Thank you! So everything I assumed was true? Does that mean even the old Blade can hit 900+? Nice, guess SFII wasn't an improvement after all.

Guest Dazzozo

Thank you! So everything I assumed was true? Does that mean even the old Blade can hit 900+? Nice, guess SFII wasn't an improvement after all.

No. It will crash a lot lower than we do.

Guest NinjehKitteh

CdToI.pngwzpuU.png

Hey Daz, when you're not busy, can you tech us how to do this? Or release a build of this?

It's so awesome I really wanna know how to do it :P

How do you figure things like this out anyways? xD

Pure awesomeness? ;)

-Ninjeh.

Guest reedo_17

Hey Daz, when you're not busy, can you tech us how to do this? Or release a build of this?

It's so awesome I really wanna know how to do it

How do you figure things like this out anyways? xD

Pure awesomeness?

-Ninjeh.

My tablet has ICS and it is just like this!