[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I'm on t mobile UK which uses orange network, do you think it would work?

I think it works on any Crescent on any network. It's nothing Orange specific.

I got an error flashing the Orange zip, cannot be installed operation aborted.

Worked for me.

Guest Dazzozo

Signal boost zip installed OK but when I select it in app drawer it closes straight away. Am I supposed to turn it on?

Turn what on?

Incidentally I had it close on me the first time but it worked after that.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

How much System space do you need for the Orange zip? I only have 20mb System left so that could be the issue maybe.

Guest FrankyG

Getting too many random reboots with this - usually when I'm not using the phone. Anyone else? Normally at least 1 reboot per day.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I also experienced a lot of random crashing and rebooting on CM9 and I didn't adjust the overclocking (I heard ICS doesn't cope as well as GB when it comes to overclocking so i left it).

Guest MadEye Moody

I had like a reboot a day... most of them were either at removing the charger or unlocking. I was overclocking at 902 BTW. Now in CM7. Checking out how the hw decoding is. If it isn't that good, i'll come back to cm9 (a reboot a day is not much of a deal for the latest OS on unsupported hardware)

Guest plewis1981

I flashed the signal boost zip, Everything went fine but when i select it in the app drawer, i have to select it twice before it opens, and when i switch on signal boost within the app the house stays red??

I also get random reboots when unlocking and connecting and disconnecting the charger but that's a small price to pay, much better than the the black screen crash from the last build, witch required taking the battery out once or twice a day.

Once again grate work.

Guest ramzez_uk

anyone else experiencing phone reboots and freezes after update ? whenever my gf tries to use Facebook, national rail, other apps, the phone freezes and reboots. any ideas?

Guest UndauntedOlly

Hi all,

Thanks Fuzzra/Dazzozo for turning my notes into the zip for Orange Signal Boost

I have also noticed that the Orange Signal Boost app doesn't start up automatically on boot like it did in the stock ROM. Also, it appears that you do have to start the app twice.

As far as I can tell, the app shows a RED house when the phone is connected to a WIFI network that has more than some minimum signal strength. After maybe 10s, the house should go GREEN (and the mobile network disconnected) once the Signal Boost app has connected successfully to the Orange UMA servers. From what I've read, it's only Orange in the UK that has UMA capability. I don't think T-Mobile has merged enough with Orange to have it, otherwise I expect they'd be advertising it on their website too.

So, if you're on Orange and just installed the zip. Try standing next to your WiFi router to make sure you've got enough signal and start the Signal Boost app twice and turn "Signal Boost" ON from within the app.

Please could a couple of people post a quick message to confirm that the zip file works correctly for them?

Does anyone know how to find out how it was started on boot in the Stock ROM (or how to start it automatically by another method now)?

I *think* my phone is rebooting about once a day, but it hasn't done it since I starting trying to collect the logs continuously to see if anything gave the game away!

Guest dumbo11

Please could a couple of people post a quick message to confirm that the zip file works correctly for them?

Signal boost/orange UK works for me with this ROM in exactly the same manner as you described.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Still won't have the required codecs or proper hardware acceleration of video, etc though so it'll never be as smooth as it could be. I'm guessing it'll be noticably slower too because JB now uses vsync to time everything on the phone, touch, display, everything.

Just don't get your hopes up for a super duper fast smooth phone.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Hmm, vsync seems to mean something else to you...

Update: there's quite a bit of breakage but it's all stuff that was once-upon-a-time fixed for ICS. Problems consist of: OpenGL dead at the moment (predicted), touch screen dead (happened with ICS), screen flipped upside down (simple fix), and somehow Google made some weird change to logging which they couldn't be bothered to implement themselves properly, which has broken all of our libs. But hey, if they're allowed to hack it so are we.

Guest ramzez_uk

Looks like also traffic counter is not working :( and wifi sleep cycle consumes too much energy, switched wifi off when sleeping for now.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hmm, vsync seems to mean something else to you...

Update: there's quite a bit of breakage but it's all stuff that was once-upon-a-time fixed for ICS. Problems consist of: OpenGL dead at the moment (predicted), touch screen dead (happened with ICS), screen flipped upside down (simple fix), and somehow Google made some weird change to logging which they couldn't be bothered to implement themselves properly, which has broken all of our libs. But hey, if they're allowed to hack it so are we.

Daz, are you going to port CM10 or fully AOSP Jellybean?