[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have another issue, whether it's just my phone, or anyone else I'm not sure

Whenever I record a video with the video camera, I can't play it on my phone, and I'm not sure about my PC

I've tried stock, ES, Mobo, MX, RockPlayer, RealPlayer and a few others with no result :(

Any ideas?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I have another issue, whether it's just my phone, or anyone else I'm not sure

Whenever I record a video with the video camera, I can't play it on my phone, and I'm not sure about my PC

I've tried stock, ES, Mobo, MX, RockPlayer, RealPlayer and a few others with no result :(

Any ideas?

-Ninjeh.

We don't have OMX. That will never be fixed.

Guest Dazzozo

So that's what they are...

Aww dang!

Does this mean my PC won't be able to play them either?

-Ninjeh.

It plays fine on a PC. To have recording work at all we have to disable meta data on recorded videos, as OMX provides this. All the apps then expect the meta data to be there and refuse to play the video.

Guest mojogoat

Hey.

If you really need to see camcorder footage, one workaround is to upload it to YouTube, which will convert the footage to a format that can be viewed on the YouTube app. Set the upload to private! :-)

Guest rob.hill

Hi, Im back again

I have managed to successfully install a de-branded version of gingerbread. Far superior to the original orange rubbish it came with. Now ive had a taste i wanted to try and install 4.0, however i cant boot into recovery mode, when i power on with voilume - pressed it gets to the android logo and just hangs

it appears i am running fishnchips rls3, i was trying to follow this, and i have possibly installed a clockwork mod aswell :/ ...

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-choose-and-install-a-rom-orange-san-francisco-ii-zte-crescent/

but cant seem to get anywhere now that i cant get to the boot screen or ftm or anything :(

Guest robt77

Hi Rob, you can try this and it should work - Download http://bit.ly/yjrYYH and also download your Rom of choice. Extract the first file to the root of your SD card and put the Rom zip on the root of your SD card. Make sure you have good battery charge left and then go to settings>about phone>system updates>storage card updates and click ok. It should then eventually boot into clockwork mod recovery then you will be able to install the Rom you put on the SD card

Guest MadEye Moody

How to I create a TPT with custom partitioning sizes, without a ROM and keep the recovery (or have recovery inside the TPT)

Tried TPT helper app, but nothing happens when i press "Create your own TPT"

My plan is

/system 220MB

/cache 5MB

/recovery 5MB (would that be enough?)

/data rest (that would be like 200mb i suppose)

did I miss anything?

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest MadEye Moody

I think there's a few recovery images that just stretch over 5MB, but other than that it sounds fine.

Now the only question is ...... eh... how do i make one? :P

Guest Dazzozo

Now the only question is ...... eh... how do i make one? :P

If the app doesn't work the other (horrible) method is with ztepack.

Guest chris231

i'm on R11 and camera seems OK.

TPT helper 'make your own tpt' in crescent is not supported currently.

Looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to make a TPT following various instructions on the forum.

Personally I'd stick to 200mb 40mb 200mb, so that there is plenty of room for the data partition, just trim down the rom abit.

Chris

Guest NinjehKitteh

oops... so ztepack is a windows application :( and that might be a roadblock...

I don't personally have Linux, but my dad does and he used something called 'Wine' I think it was, to run Windows programs on Linux

-Ninjeh.

Guest MadEye Moody

I don't personally have Linux, but my dad does and he used something called 'Wine' I think it was, to run Windows programs on Linux

-Ninjeh.

yeah, WINE is a windows API implementation in linux/mac, but not all APIs are implemented and not all of them behaves equally (after all, no one knows how MS implemented it, so no one can be sure). There is very little hope that a new program is supported by WINE and even if it is, my phone will be the guinea pig... :(

Will test if the exe runs under wine, but won't go further

Guest MadEye Moody

yeah, WINE is a windows API implementation in linux/mac, but not all APIs are implemented and not all of them behaves equally (after all, no one knows how MS implemented it, so no one can be sure). There is very little hope that a new program is supported by WINE and even if it is, my phone will be the guinea pig... :(

Will test if the exe runs under wine, but won't go further

nop.... doesn't work under wine

Edited by MadEye Moody