[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest gemuuu
Somehow you managed to uninstall CWM in the process and revert to stock FTM recovery.

Is there a quick/easy way to get it back on? Sorry to be a pain

Guest Dazzozo

Look at the threads in the forum about installing CWM recovery as you did to originally install it. I think the fastboot method is your only method without wiping everything as you can't do it via System updates as it isn't a stock ROM.

Guest AmbushReality

look at the method on www.sanfranciscoandroid.com , the one on how to install cwm

EDIT: I have an app called Recovery Manager, which I got from the post I did a bit ago. Give it a shot.

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest gemuuu

Look at the threads in the forum about installing CWM recovery as you did to originally install it. I think the fastboot method is your only method without wiping everything as you can't do it via System updates as it isn't a stock ROM.

Did a complete re install and got it working. ROM is great thanks!

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have an issue with USB. When I try to enable USB Mass Storage it just loads and loads then when the screen goes off, it stops.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I have an issue with USB. When I try to enable USB Mass Storage it just loads and loads then when the screen goes off, it stops.

-Ninjeh.

That just happens randomly and I've had it on Gingerbread. It seems to be based on how many apps you have on the SD as it has to unload them, and something must just be timing out. Just a guess.

Guest NinjehKitteh

fr0do, can you test something for me? You have a vivacity too but it worked for Daz so I wanna check whether it's just us.

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: Can other people test this too? It's a higher resolution boot animation, just flash it like you would anything else.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y21qbu5pondfwi3

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Ratzmandious

Just tried this rom, after being on FnC for a while. Must say I'm really impressed! Runs smoothly and looks really nice.

I did notice something with GMail, and wasn't sure what was up with it. When I open an email, I can see the message, but once I start to scroll down, the text disappears. Wondering if anyone else was getting this?

Thanks again for a great rom!

Guest Dazzozo

Just tried this rom, after being on FnC for a while. Must say I'm really impressed! Runs smoothly and looks really nice.

I did notice something with GMail, and wasn't sure what was up with it. When I open an email, I can see the message, but once I start to scroll down, the text disappears. Wondering if anyone else was getting this?

Thanks again for a great rom!

Yup it's known and upstream.

Guest fr0do

I had this to start with. Switching launchers cured it. Then when I upgraded the rom, it cured itself after re-starting gmail.

Guest oldkyx

Hello

Established in San Francisco II R4a. Everything works fine, except for the camera- it freezes when taking pictures, sometimes comes out green screen, and sometimes crashes the connection to the camera.

And one more question. I do not understand the terminology - please tell me what the Kernel and overcklock? Thks.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Error while installing on my TMV.

The zip itself is ok.

Thanks, it seems I have some work to do.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Hello

Established in San Francisco II R4a. Everything works fine, except for the camera- it freezes when taking pictures, sometimes comes out green screen, and sometimes crashes the connection to the camera.

And one more question. I do not understand the terminology - please tell me what the Kernel and overcklock? Thks.

Yes.

No seriously, please read the first few posts before replying. We've only just got the camera working and it's temperamental for most Qcom devices. Some changes were made last night that seems to mostly eliminate the issues you've raised here. These haven't been baked in to a build yet. They're still being worked on.

The kernel is a low level component of the OS. The two phones currently require separate kernels for the differing touch screen configurations. The plan is to eventually remove this requirement.

Overclock refers to increasing the CPU clock speed, usually for making things a little speedier, but at the cost of battery life.

Guest fr0do

Hello

Yes. Read the thread.

Edited by fr0do

Guest oldkyx

No seriously, please read the first few posts before replying.

I'm sorry, I probably did not understand about the camera, for some reasonthought that camera fixed. In any case, thank you, for me it's the best firmware.Excellent work.

:) nice.

Edited by oldkyx

Guest Dazzozo

I'm sorry, I probably did not understand about the camera, for some reasonthought that camera fixed. In any case, thank you, for me it's the best firmware.Excellent work.

:) nice.

Working =/= complete.

Guest MadEye Moody

Yes.

No seriously, please read the first few posts before replying. We've only just got the camera working and it's temperamental for most Qcom devices. Some changes were made last night that seems to mostly eliminate the issues you've raised here. These haven't been baked in to a build yet. They're still being worked on.

The kernel is a low level component of the OS. The two phones currently require separate kernels for the differing touch screen configurations. The plan is to eventually remove this requirement.

Overclock refers to increasing the CPU clock speed, usually for making things a little speedier, but at the cost of battery life.

Try saying "very unstable" instead of "temperamental". I understand that there are non-english users for the crescent (including me). I too wondered wt u meant by "temperamental".

Guest Dazzozo

If anybody wants it, here is a higher resolution version of the ICS boot animation, upgraded from 360x480 to 480x800.

http://www.mediafire...si85412sn84iaa1

If you have any problems with it (it works for me and Daz), I'll have a look at them and try and solve.

-Ninjeh.

This is good. Use it instead of the one in the OP if you do.

Edit: Added to OP!

Edited by Dazzozo