[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Ah I see, I'll give it a check. You have to upload them to an external site like Photobucket or Flickr then click the little gallery icon in the post options on here and paste in the direct link.

Guest djole94hns

Any good application for video calling for Telenor Touch Plus/T-Mobile Vivacity that also works on this ROM? Skype video calling does not work...

Edited by djole94hns

Guest MadEye Moody

How? I used the zip file, but it isn't even showing up.

enable root for adb in dev settings

connect usb

commands :

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop

vi /system/build.prop

now change it to make it like this

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=bro_yuki

ro.build.host=dazzozo.com

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=GT-I9300

ro.product.brand=google

ro.product.name=yakju

ro.product.device=GT-I9300

ro.product.board=tuna

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v6l

ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

ro.product.locale.language=en

I'm not sure what all i changed

Now inorder to freeup space, u might have to remove some files in /system

I went for /system/app/LatinIME.apk

Copy voicetalk.apk to sdcard

commands

mv /system/app/LatinIME.apk /sdcard

cp /sdcard/voicetalk.apk /system/app/

chmod 644 /system/app/voicetalk.apk

reboot

the phone will reboot. after that open a root explorer and install the apk from /system/app/voicetalk.apk. It will say that the system app will be replaced, press ok.

Done

Hope u have better luck with your accent. English (UK) is available I think

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

That looks terrifying to me! I really don't like using adb (I was happy to see the back of it after I got CWM on my device)!

Guest misodoctakleidist

These are the top large apps in /system/app

shell@android:/system/app # du -s * | sort -nr | head

12406 LatinIME.apk

7290 Trebuchet.apk

5143 CMWallpapers.apk

4418 VideoEditor.apk

4221 GoogleTTS.apk

3903 Phonesky.apk

3414 Settings.apk

2524 GoogleLoginService.apk

2170 GoogleServicesFramework.apk

2097 Mms.apk

I'm using a2sd, so which all can i move and to where? Any help?

The first four are all safe to remove, but I'd leave the others.

There is a much smaller version of LatinIME (the default keyboard) in the AOKP ROM. I can't tell any difference in fuction between the two. I'd also remove the wallpapers and video editor if you don't use them. Trubuchet is the launcher and can be replaced with a smaller one like Apex or Nova.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Okay, so I've installed S Voice, changed the permissions, edited the build.prop file and I get an error whenever I try to open it which say 'Unfortunately S Voice has stopped responding'.

Any tips?

Guest MadEye Moody

Okay, so I've installed S Voice, changed the permissions, edited the build.prop file and I get an error whenever I try to open it which say 'Unfortunately S Voice has stopped responding'.

Any tips?

Yup, reinstall using the apk, just open the apk using a file explorer and install

Guest MadEye Moody

Tried it, I got an error; 'Application not installed'

Umm

That was what fixed it for me. used es file explorer

apk at /system/app

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm trying it again, if it doesn't work I'll give up and revert back to my backup and carry on my day as usual!

edit-

Didn't work again, I've probably done something wrong down the line, I don't think I'd use it anyway so I'm going to give up now and go back to my backup! It was fun trying to get it working though. Thanks for the help!

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest MadEye Moody

I'm trying it again, if it doesn't work I'll give up and revert back to my backup and carry on my day as usual!

edit-

Didn't work again, I've probably done something wrong down the line, I don't think I'd use it anyway so I'm going to give up now and go back to my backup! It was fun trying to get it working though. Thanks for the help!

no probs.... u should try the terminal more. its a lot easier that way

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll probably get bored some night during the week and I'll attempt it again, I don't like technology beating me!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Just install Vlingo, it's the same thing with some branding. Even tells you that when you try to run it.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Incase you guys didn't already know, S Voice has been blocked on all devices besides the Galaxy SIII which isn't released for another week :)

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

So, here's another update on the fancy Bluetooth-needs-Wi-Fi issue. I found out today that this issue is also in CM7 which implies that it's only stock ROMs that don't have it. Nothing has ever been built from source that doesn't have this issue.

I figured it'd make sense to see what the stock ROM does that this doesn't, and found bits and pieces such as btld missing - probably for a reason, but I tried them anyway and found little success - maybe some extra debugging information.

Here's a normal logcat without Wi-Fi (as the ROM is in its released form): http://pastebin.com/K1msN0eE

...and one with Wi-Fi on demonstrating working behaviour: http://pastebin.com/dRPau8Xm

If I run hciattach myself with Wi-Fi off, it ends up dying after 10 seconds or so with "Initialization timed out." Generally, all signs seem to point to it being unable to init the Bluetooth module when Wi-Fi is off. I'm not sure whether this lies in the kernel (probably not, works fine in Fuzzra's OC kernel [i believe?]).

If I start btld how it apparently runs in the stock ROM with Wi-Fi off, we get this rather gross-looking thing: http://pastebin.com/ce17c1Mz

Generally what I'm doing is pulling things across from the stock ROM and playing around with them, though I had the idea of trying to see what brcm_patchram_plus gets us, which is found in CM7 but not actually used.

If tilal's around, any ideas? :P

Guest MadEye Moody

So, here's another update on the fancy Bluetooth-needs-Wi-Fi issue. I found out today that this issue is also in CM7 which implies that it's only stock ROMs that don't have it. Nothing has ever been built from source that doesn't have this issue.

I figured it'd make sense to see what the stock ROM does that this doesn't, and found bits and pieces such as btld missing - probably for a reason, but I tried them anyway and found little success - maybe some extra debugging information.

Here's a normal logcat without Wi-Fi (as the ROM is in its released form): http://pastebin.com/K1msN0eE

...and one with Wi-Fi on demonstrating working behaviour: http://pastebin.com/dRPau8Xm

If I run hciattach myself with Wi-Fi off, it ends up dying after 10 seconds or so with "Initialization timed out." Generally, all signs seem to point to it being unable to init the Bluetooth module when Wi-Fi is off. I'm not sure whether this lies in the kernel (probably not, works fine in Fuzzra's OC kernel [i believe?]).

If I start btld how it apparently runs in the stock ROM with Wi-Fi off, we get this rather gross-looking thing: http://pastebin.com/ce17c1Mz

Generally what I'm doing is pulling things across from the stock ROM and playing around with them, though I had the idea of trying to see what brcm_patchram_plus gets us, which is found in CM7 but not actually used.

If tilal's around, any ideas? :P

what will happen if u turn wifi on, then bluetooth. after that turn wifi off ?

Guest Dazzozo

what will happen if u turn wifi on, then bluetooth. after that turn wifi off ?

Android thinks Bluetooth is on but you can't do anything with it. It behaves how you think, the chip is suddenly dead so nothing works, you can't even turn Bluetooth off, because there's nothing to turn off.

Guest menado

To Dazzozo and all you wonderful guys - I have just installed your roms on my San Fran 2 and the result is awesome. My Phone is so smooth and speedy.It is a pleasure to use. I cannot thank you enough for all your splendid work.