Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest ..Abel..

I think something in your kernel re-introduces the airplane reboot bug though cause I tried putting into my cm9/cfx mix I'd made following Sej's guide. And your latest CFX also reboots on airplane. Mind you, receiving calls is more important than airplane mode. :D

airplane mode works for me in the 20120501 CFX ROM

Guest shmizan

I fixed black screen by switching back to my own kernel. Also camera is gettings there but also has serious issues like battery drain.

great to know about the camera! no clue yet to what causing the black screen on the new kernel?

so how can I use your kernel instead of compiling my own when I build? should put it in prebuilds? as is (meaning already compiled from your ROM zip)?

Guest targetbsp

airplane mode works for me in the 20120501 CFX ROM

Weird. A few people have said it doesn't in the CFX thread and it doesn't for me either. It does in CM9 as long as I'm using TomG's kernel.

Oh is your bluetooth off? It will work if you've used bluetooth.

Guest jeddy1

Airplane mode fixed in new build coming today or tommorow.

thx tilal for everything

Good luck with ur exams btw :D

and let the new builds after this what its coming :)

your exams have priority .

Guest shmizan

Airplane mode fixed in new build coming today or tommorow.

you're absolutely classical.

I've recently wondered, does TomG know about all the fixes you make? I don't see everything you fix in gerrit.

Guest tilal6991

I think he does. The thing is acceptance on Gerrit takes ages and is a bit too slow. I like a fast pace of devving.

I do submit to gerrit if it is really important. Anyway it was Tom G who discovered this fix.

Guest simonckenyon

i am very impressed with the battery life of cm9 on my blade. it lasts a lot longer than cm7. it loses very little on standby (even with wifi and gps enabled).

Guest sej7278

I think he does. The thing is acceptance on Gerrit takes ages and is a bit too slow. I like a fast pace of devving.

I do submit to gerrit if it is really important. Anyway it was Tom G who discovered this fix.

is the airplane mode fix for the reboot when turning on bluetooth (github)?

your CFX cameraHal.cpp preview fix works in CM9 too btw, cheers.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

is the airplane mode fix for the reboot when turning on bluetooth (github)?

your CFX cameraHal.cpp preview fix works in CM9 too btw, cheers.

camera only to fix the blade 3 Mpx, mine is 5mpx, not work.

Guest sej7278

camera only to fix the blade 3 Mpx, mine is 5mpx, not work.

did you make a build today with the patch in or are you talking about the camera.msm72x7.so zip (which we know only works on certain models)?

Guest asm19

did you make a build today with the patch in or are you talking about the camera.msm72x7.so zip (which we know only works on certain models)?

yes i did one today, flash now with the tilal build and the same happens.

Edit: version 6.1 of the burstlam 5mpx works without problems but have not found the source of the câmera...

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

yes i did one today, flash now with the tilal build and the same happens.

i guess its a side-effect of being copied from the p500, so not a long-term fix then it seems. apparently it works on skate/crescent - aren't they 5mp?

its odd as there's nothing resolution-specific in the changes to the hal.

have you got a logcat of what happens - is there no preview at all, or just fails to take photo? what if you set it to 3mp mode?

i'm putting a build up myself in a bit, see if that works for you, give it 30mins to upload.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

i guess its a side-effect of being copied from the p500, so not a long-term fix then it seems. apparently it works on skate/crescent - aren't they 5mp?

have you got a logcat of what happens - is there no preview at all, or just fails to take photo? what if you set it to 3mp mode?

preview works in both resolutions, but only works with picture taking 3 Mpx. The 5mpx continues to freeze the screen. I get here logcat, wait. Version 6.1 of burstlam works 5mpx.

Guest asm19

Logcat: http://db.tt/s4PbB5pQ

will log all because I'm not pc to cut what does not (write the iPad 3). Ok, I will now download your build and test.

Edit: sej, same problem with your build.

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

Logcat: http://db.tt/s4PbB5pQ

will log all because I'm not pc to cut what does not (write the iPad 3). Ok, I will now download your build and test.

Edit: sej, same problem with your build.

that logcat doesn't look like my cm9 build or coldfusionx as its 640x480 preview? can't really see anything in there that says why its failling, just lots of this:

E/memalloc(  355): /dev/pmem_adsp: Failed to map memory in the client: Invalid argument[/CODE]

Guest C3C0

I think the basic thing that is necessary is to make QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (libcamera.so) cooperate with liboemcamera.so

This is what I am trying right now. Managed to modify libcamera according to what liboemcamera really supports.

Now my compiled libcamera.so doesn't crash anymore but I am not getting preview although I see successfull pmem

initialization in logcat. Wil look into it further. Just FYI.

Guest bucihost

i'm putting a build up myself in a bit, see if that works for you, give it 30mins to upload.

Nice and fast rom, but incomingcall black screnn :(

Guest C3C0

I think the basic thing that is necessary is to make QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (libcamera.so) cooperate with liboemcamera.so

This is what I am trying right now. Managed to modify libcamera according to what liboemcamera really supports.

Now my compiled libcamera.so doesn't crash anymore but I am not getting preview although I see successfull pmem

initialization in logcat. Wil look into it further. Just FYI.

OK. Looks like my preview stops after dlopenning liboemcamera in

void QualcommCameraHardware::runFrameThread(void *data)

The dlopen is there just to maintain reference to necessary liboemcamera.

I'll try it without it.

Guest sej7278

Nice and fast rom, but incomingcall black screnn :(

that's not been fixed in any rom as far as i know, it just doesn't always occur, for me it seems ok for now, have you tried wiping /cache (not dalvik) which some say is a workaround? assume you have auto-brightness enabled and proximity calibrated?

Guest sej7278

OK. Looks like my preview stops after dlopenning liboemcamera in

void QualcommCameraHardware::runFrameThread(void *data)

The dlopen is there just to maintain reference to necessary liboemcamera.

I'll try it without it.

i noticed in QualcommCameraHardware.cpp that the actual 5mp size is commented out, and the reduced size used, i wonder if this is causing issues, actually there seems to be hacks/comments all over the place about 5mp including one bit of code that's making up for the ov5642 sensor only being 4.75mp lol, although i guess that would only effect taking a photo, not preview.

static const camera_size_type picture_sizes[] = {

//	{ 2592, 1944 }, // 5MP

{ 2560, 1920 }, // 5MP (slightly reduced)

static SensorType sensorTypes[] = {

{ "5mp", 2608, 1960, true,  2592, 1944,0x00000fff },

{ "5mp", 5184, 1944, true,  2592, 1944,0x00000fff }, // actual 5MP blade

{ "5mp", 2560, 1920, true,  2560, 1920,0x00000fff }, //should be 5MP blade

Edited by sej7278

Guest C3C0

Yes... The reason why picture sizes are hardcoded is that our liboemcamera doesn't have a native method that is called from CM9 Camera.apk

to populate the supported sizes into Camera preferences dialog window.

It doesn not affect the preview IMHO.

What happens in my code: I successfully get to the point where frameThread sucessfully starts and pmem buffers are allocated.

Suddenly after that pmem gets destroyed for some reason that is hard to unleash. I am unable to debug it at this moment...

Might be something in kernel...