[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest xsound

Cant wait :) And what about UI can you speed it up? And can you fix autocontrast? Because does not work even after calibration.

Guest d_borghi

hi. i want to retry this smooth rom to verify new features. but after i install rom + gapps, i have tfhe pricess market vexnding error. any solution, pls

db

Guest d_borghi

it's the best stable smoth rom than ever. my bt works wityh trouble but it's a very useful rom. compliments.

iadvice you 2 things:

1) a notification widgetbar with power buttons integrated like cyano mods or ics roms, very great,

2) longpress back button to kill app, it's fondamental.

bye

db

Edited by d_borghi

Guest t0mm13b

it's the best stable smoth rom than ever. my bt works wityh trouble but it's a very useful rom. compliments.

iadvice you 2 things:

1) a notification widgetbar with power buttons integrated like cyano mods or ics roms, very great,

2) longpress back button to kill app, it's fondamental.

bye

db

Thanks for that :)

I have been planning to do that notification widget thing integrated into the notification bar.

As for long pressing back key to kill the app - I do not agree with those things, quite simply, Android is not a Windows system where you can launch task manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del and zap the windows app out of it! My viewpoint is this, those who insist on the philosophy of having a means to do so, quite simply do not understand how Android works. By intentionally killing an app that way on Android, you can cause weird problems, leaks, resources, and short battery lifespan during usage - for example, services running in the background, come along and zap it, now there's extra juice being sucked up in having to restart the service again, its the nature of the service that has to restart, thusly, the battery usage decreases and find yourself with less battery power! For apps that are "misbehaving", do your bit and complain to the developer to straighten it out instead of just killing it going "bah humbug", or quite simply uninstall it and find a better alternative. :)

Let the Android system take care of it when you press the back button... quite frankly this has been discussed thousand times over across forums all over the place :D (Google using this without quotes "android task killer good or bad") But for the benefit of those who disagree with my view point, read this posting that explains clearly why... :)

Guest JimJam707

I have been planning to do that notification widget thing integrated into the notification bar.

As for long pressing back key to kill the app - I do not agree with those things, quite simply, Android is not a Windows system where you can launch task manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del and zap the windows app out of it! My viewpoint is this, those who insist on the philosophy of having a means to do so, quite simply do not understand how Android works. By intentionally killing an app that way on Android, you can cause weird problems, leaks, resources, and short battery lifespan during usage - for example, services running in the background, come along and zap it, now there's extra juice being sucked up in having to restart the service again, its the nature of the service that has to restart, thusly, the battery usage decreases and find yourself with less battery power! For apps that are "misbehaving", do your bit and complain to the developer to straighten it out instead of just killing it going "bah humbug", or quite simply uninstall it and find a better alternative. :)

Let the Android system take care of it when you press the back button... quite frankly this has been discussed thousand times over across forums all over the place :D (Google using this without quotes "android task killer good or bad") But for the benefit of those who disagree with my view point, read this posting that explains clearly why... :)

I agree with you for the most part, but I believe having it as an option means that if an app crashes and refuses to co-operate it makes it so much easier to terminate it, rather than juts pressing home.

Guest d_borghi

4hi. i want to retry this smooth rom to verify new features. but after i install rom + gapps, i have tfhe pricess market vexnding error. any solution, pls

db

but for this problem, any solution?

solved:

1) full wipe

2) install rom

3) wipe data

4) reboot normally since launcher

5) reboot into recovery

6) install gapps

7) reboot normally.

Edited by d_borghi

Guest xsound

I completely agree with you.

Edited by xsound

Guest d_borghi

well, then you think that "advanced task manager" isn't to use?

now i will try without it.

tnx

db

Guest t0mm13b

FM radio is not working for me. It searches for the channels but the headphones are muted

Have you tried any other headphones? Does the icon show on the notification bar when the headset is plugged in?

Which ROM version is this you're referring to? :)

Guest nagper

Have you tried any other headphones? Does the icon show on the notification bar when the headset is plugged in?

Which ROM version is this you're referring to? :)

Oops! Sorry :) Indeed I was using a previous version in which the FM radio support wasn't included yet.

The new version works fine!

Guest mojones

Hey, I have a question, can you aplly the mvno patch? I tried to download but link its off, and im not sure if it will work.

Because I only get data conecction as "E" or sometimes "3G" , with other roms I've got 3g almost all the time.

Guest jesuita

There are 2 things that keep me on CM7 - Themes and Spare Parts.

Imported those 2 apk's from the zip file from cm7 and copying it to this rom will make it usable?

Guest t0mm13b

There are 2 things that keep me on CM7 - Themes and Spare Parts.

Imported those 2 apk's from the zip file from cm7 and copying it to this rom will make it usable?

Spare parts is in this rom! :)

Its pretty a simple decision, this rom is pure AOSP, if you want something more, go with cm - simples :)

As for copying apks from cm into this rom is not going to work due to the cm specifics absent, more than likely it will force close :)

Guest jellgool

Just a hint Tommie. Can you clean up the first and second post, only giving the correct link to the rom and the gapps. Now it's kind of confusing with the dropbox-link and others :)

Guest wookie16081965

just installed the newest rom (20) everything working except wifi turns on then doesnt search for open networks even though thats checked to notify me, then crashes has anybody got any ideas and how do you change wifi policy theres no advanced button option to go on . This is all thats showing.post-832087-0-69004900-1340106663_thumb.

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest bill48er

Almost month without update

Was not the last update t0mm13bROM_20.zip only on 4th June??

I must get around to a download of this version real soon.

Does anyone know how to save/restore the Launcher screens - it always takes me ages to set them up again after after a new rom install.

Guest t0mm13b

just installed the newest rom (20) everything working except wifi turns on then doesnt search for open networks even though thats checked to notify me, then crashes has anybody got any ideas and how do you change wifi policy theres no advanced button option to go on . This is all thats showing.post-832087-0-69004900-1340106663_thumb.

Hit menu to get at the advanced menu if that's what you're looking for.... Send over the logcat of that crash please and I'll look into it :)

Guest wookie16081965

sorry was having blonde moment found the setting and worked out what was wrong, id saved my wifi settings using titanium reinstalled without that and everythings working fine now but thankyou so much for getting back so quick. Great rom by the way i did try it at 14 but it was rebooting then ive not been on here for ages didnt know you had updated the rom.

Guest SlyXo

Can´t download ROM from Dropbox - 404. Could someone mirror it? Many thanks.

Sorry, I am blind.

Edited by SlyXo