[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Just installed the latest R20. The battery mod makes this this no longer vanilla.

To be honest mate, I was torn about this, but then sort of said, to hell with the battery mod, it makes it easier to see what you have... others are screaming for toggles on the notification bar... but meh... R18 is the most vanilla you can have... :)

Guest bill48er
To be honest mate, I was torn about this, but then sort of said, to hell with the battery mod, it makes it easier to see what you have... others are screaming for toggles on the notification bar... but meh... R18 is the most vanilla you can have...

I've found https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle

does a reasonable job.

Edited by bill48er

Guest jjk_charles

Does this rom support S2E? I tried flashing S2E, but all options (except "Download Cache") in S2E app seems to be disabled. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest toastie99

Hey t0mm13b, very happy with the rom so far. Love the stripped down nature and the responsiveness seems very good.

I have experienced one issue though...quite often when i open the Android Browser and try to connect to a site using 3G it gives me the "Web page not available" message. It doesn't always happen but it appears that my 3G data connection isn't always re-enabled properly (despite the 3G icon being in the top bar. I can workaround it by turning off 3G (eg by turning on Airplane mode) and then re-enabling it.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas if there is a way to fix this?

Guest t0mm13b

Hey t0mm13b, very happy with the rom so far. Love the stripped down nature and the responsiveness seems very good.

I have experienced one issue though...quite often when i open the Android Browser and try to connect to a site using 3G it gives me the "Web page not available" message. It doesn't always happen but it appears that my 3G data connection isn't always re-enabled properly (despite the 3G icon being in the top bar. I can workaround it by turning off 3G (eg by turning on Airplane mode) and then re-enabling it.

@Toastie99 - same here. I tried to reflash, but issue still persist.

Try disabling the firewall using Droidwall.

Guest toastie99

Try disabling the firewall using Droidwall.

Cheers for reply t0mm13b. I had a look at Droidwall but the firewall is disabled. Is there anything i can do to get you more info?

Guest t0mm13b

Cheers for reply t0mm13b. I had a look at Droidwall but the firewall is disabled. Is there anything i can do to get you more info?

Can you send over the logcat of this happening where you go into the browser and try accessing a site please? And I'll look into it - thanks :D

Guest toastie99

Can you send over the logcat of this happening where you go into the browser and try accessing a site please? And I'll look into it - thanks :D

Here is the logcat. I currrently have the 3G icon in the notification area but do not appear to have a data connection. At line 764 of the log you can see i tried to access bbc.co.uk and then later on the Play Store, both reported no connection. Hope it helps. If you need anything else just let me know.

alogcat.2012-07-02-16-56-09+0100.txt

Edited by toastie99

Guest t0mm13b

Here is the logcat. I currrently have the 3G icon in the notification area but do not appear to have a data connection. At line 764 of the log you can see i tried to access bbc.co.uk and then later on the Play Store, both reported no connection. Hope it helps. If you need anything else just let me know.

Cheers for that :)

Guest t0mm13b

I am wondering is the 3G service at fault there on your end, it does resemble an intermittent problem with 3G telephony? Can you confirm and check around with your mates to see if they can access data over 3G..

Guest SlyXo

The same issue here. When I switch from 3G to 2G, data connection is completely gone, I am not able to connect via browser, play store, facebook or any other apps, etc... completely offline. You can find attached my logcat after full wipe, reflash and reboot.

Guest t0mm13b

The same issue here. When I switch from 3G to 2G, data connection is completely gone, I am not able to connect via browser, play store, facebook or any other apps, etc... completely offline. You can find attached my logcat after full wipe, reflash and reboot.

Why did you switch from 3G to 2G?

At worst case, it falls back on GPRS, so yes the data connection would be vastly slower than 3G...inducing time-outs... just saying... if you can answer my question ... that's what I don't understand.

Guest toastie99

The 3G reception in my office is pretty bad and turns on and off depending where i am. I often notice the issue happens when i'm on the way home. When i go to use my phone for the first time i can see my phone is reporting a solid 3G connection but i cannot use Internet services. No one else at my work says they have the issue and i have used a number of other Blade roms at my office with no problems.

Sorry i can't give you any better info. Hopefully SlyXo's log has more clues. Thanks for continuing to look into this.

Guest t0mm13b

Is there any further development Tommie?

I will be pushing out a build later this evening for the 3G/2G telephony data issue in the hope for testing... ;)

Guest t0mm13b

@toastie99, @SlyXo:

Can you try this ROM with what I believe is the fix for the telephony in relation to 2G/3G?

And let me know how that works for you?

Cheers :)

Guest SlyXo

@t0mm13b, I tried after full wipe, but issue still persist. When I switch from 3G to 2G, my data connection drops. Is there any way to help you?

Guest t0mm13b

@t0mm13b, I tried after full wipe, but issue still persist. When I switch from 3G to 2G, my data connection drops. Is there any way to help you?

Right, can you include the logcat from that latest ROM you've tried out.. and I'll keep investigating - am stumped admittedly... :|

Guest t0mm13b

Another thing, you could try do, is to eliminate if its a DNS issue,

Get an ip address of the website you are trying to visit on your browser, for example, bbc.co.uk, its IP address is 212.58.246.95.

Try entering that on the webbrowser on the rom itself and see if it connects, if it does, then its a DNS issue somewhere, in which it made its way in there, there are apps on the google play store that may be of help to straighten it out, If it does, let me know so I can home in on this issue.

Cheers :)

Guest t0mm13b

@t0mm13b

tried your rom everything work except camera.

Camera info:

ID:0x2880

Name:MT9P111-%,0Mp-AF

Odd!

MT9P111 is compiled into the kernel... what sort of blade is it you have there? can you send me the kernel's boot messages for this please? :)