[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest matt4321

Right everyone,

Have published an updated ROM, #22. :-)

As usual, the changes are on the 2nd post on the first page of this thread.

This is the final version of the ROM and bowing out of the community, final curtain call for me anyway

A big heart-felt thanks to everyone in this community - you rock, and thanks to everyone on this thread for their feedback! :-)

You're leaving!?

I cried

Guest bill48er

A big big thank you T0mm13b

You leave behind a great ROM for our beloved Blades/OSF.

Good luck with your future projects.

It wasn't something I said was it :D

Cheers

Bill

Edited by bill48er

Guest d_borghi

hi,

for all who have the same issue bluetooth, like me, i've made this apk by tasker app that provides to open "kit car", then starts bt, then close "kit car".

for me, it works nine times out of ten

bye

db

app bt on_v2.rar

Edited by d_borghi

Guest luciano_boy12

hi,

for all who have the same issue bluetooth, like me, i've made this apk by tasker app that provides to open "kit car", then starts bt, then close "kit car".

for me, it works nine times out of ten

bye

db

Thanks, Bluetooth work of first :)

ROM is 100% now With app bt on_v2 :)

Thanks d_borghi and t0mm13b :D

• 1 month later...
Guest d_borghi

Hi t0mm13b,

there's nothing to do, your rom is the best for my chinese zte blade. Now bluetooth works too, tnx to the btfix.zip that a modaco's user gave to me.

Is it possible to fix gps too? I would like to disable/enable gps when i want it.

Tnx

db

Guest bill48er

Hi t0mm13b,

there's nothing to do, your rom is the best for my chinese zte blade. Now bluetooth works too, tnx to the btfix.zip that a modaco's user gave to me.

Is it possible to fix gps too? I would like to disable/enable gps when i want it.

Tnx

db

Hi

If you look back through this thread I think you will see GPS issues have been covered - you do not need to switch on/off GPS - it is only switched on by an app when it is needed. Otherwise it stays off.

See posts numbers #443 #460 and #463

As for this ROM it is very stable - stripped free of any bloat - with plenty of room for your own apps and customisation - the screen auto brightness control now works a treat.

This has to be the ultimate custom ROM for the Blade/OSF you can get all the bells and whistles that you might need from the "Play Store".

For ultimate system tweaking check out "System Tuner" and add it to your must have toolbox.

Salutes t0mm13b :-)

Guest bill48er

Hi Baxxxx

Sorry, I'm not with you, can you explain a little more.

Because unless you have turn on the data connection you will not be able to send mms as you need a connection to be able to send the data.

Bill

Hi bill48er

I'm currently using SSRLS7 and at this rom 3g icon shows only while sending/receiving mms with data connection turned off. All other apps do not have access to the internet.

In my stock rom and in AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0 this also working. It would be nice if it will be fixed also in this rom.

Guest bill48er

Hi

I have rock solid 3g all the time (subject to network availability of course) except when on WiFi - it was the same when I used SSRLS7.

My phone is an original Gen 1 Orange San Francisco - which was upgraded to Gen 2 prior to loading CM7 then SSRLS7 and now this ROM which really suits my needs best of all.

I think you need to check your default phone settings for each ROM starting with your stock ROM and AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0 then in this ROM and SSRLS7 first remove/delete/disable any widgets that control network access then

>> Settings >> Wireless & networks >> Mobile networks >> Access point Names and ensure all the settings are the same.

Other than this I can't really help any more as I don't have this problem.

If it was a common problem we would probably have seen it flagged up in this thread, which makes me think it is phone settings rather than ROM related.

Bill

Guest jventura

Hi bill48er

I'm currently using SSRLS7 and at this rom 3g icon shows only while sending/receiving mms with data connection turned off. All other apps do not have access to the internet.

In my stock rom and in AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0 this also working. It would be nice if it will be fixed also in this rom.

Google broke that behavior on Android 2.3.7 from which this ROM here is based. Now, you have to turn on the data connection if you want mms.

I've been implementing a patch to fix that behaviour in CM10, but probably won't be backported to CM7 (Android 2.3.7). But if you want that in this rom, you have to ask tomm13b to check cm10 review.cyanogenmod.org and implement something similar..

Guest mrkiller2010

This is a awesome ROM, i am using it right now.

There is somethings that you have to fix!

1. Auto Rotation Enable/disable

2. Long Press back KILL APP <--- MUST

3. More custom settings!

Thanks!

Guest bill48er

@mrkiller2010

Hi, you are correct about this being a great ROM, but you missed the main point of this ROM and why it is so great.....

This is a basic or "vanilla" Android Open Source Project (AOSP) ROM without any bells and whistles to slow it down or clutter up your phone's memory with "bloatware".

It gives you a basic ROM to which you can customise using app's from Google's Playstore.

There are plenty of App Killers available from the store, but you should NEVER routinely Kill running App's.

You can tweak you phone, control start up app's, CPU speed and much more including a task manager using ""System Tuner"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.pmw&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNjYzcxLnBtdyJd

Auto Rotation Enable/disable.... this works fine on my phone!

Settings> Display > Auto-rotate screen.

Enjoy the ROM.

Bill

• 6 months later...