Tweet from Acer Indonesia

Guest davidevinavil

Guest Vazel360

but only the acer indonesia acer site says I have asked in Italy and they told me that according to user requests will issue an update if I really do not believe for an upgrade to ics

Guest davidevinavil

but only the acer indonesia acer site says I have asked in Italy and they told me that according to user requests will issue an update if I really do not believe for an upgrade to ics

I had asked about a month ago on Acer Indonesia and they said that they didn't have any information about ICS. Now answare is different and is a clear YES..

I only hope this will be true ;)

Guest guido89

can we trust it?i saw at least 3 post of acer indonesia saying there it will be an update but all the others dealers said nothing bout it or said that there it won t be an upgrade. if so it will be awsome and it can make a lot for acer's pr and can gain the loyalty of consumers...after all the metal is a 2010 device -> 2 years of support (till 4 quarter of 2012)...of for google alliance's deal but even the sgs 1 got only the value pack...if acer give full ICS to the metal it can officaly can be see as one of the best manifacturer in upgrades...exept for the fact that it never say a date for the update...

OT: davidevinavil are u still developing/working on something?

Edited by guido89

Guest davidevinavil

can we trust it?i saw at least 3 post of acer indonesia saying it will be an update but all the others dealer said nothing bout it or said that it won t be an upgrade. if so it will be awsome and it can make a lot for acer's pr and can gain the loyalty of consumers...after all the metal is a 2010 device -> 2 years of support (till 4 quarter of 2012)...of for google alliance's deal but even the sgs 1 got only the value pack...if acer give full ICS to the metal it can officaly can be see as one of the best manifacturer in upgrades...exept for the fact that it never say a date for the update...

OT: davidevinavil are u still developing/working on something?

No nothing for now..

Btw why don't you ask at Acer Indonesia something about what you seen on his tweet?!

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest guido89

No nothing for now..

Btw why don't you ask at Acer Indonesia something about what you seen on his tweet?!

cause i have no twitter, what i saw are posts of users like u that posted acer indonesia's reply :D i was arguing basing myself on that reports, not from been in touch with acer directly

Edited by guido89

Guest Pinguy

I really do doubt we will see an update for ICS. Acer are getting ready for the big push of Acer Liquid Glow and as the specs of that phone are very similar to the Acer Liquid Metal they would be shooting there self in the foot if they released ICS for the Acer Liquid Metal.

Why would people buy the Acer Liquid Glow if the Acer Liquid Metal is getting a ICS update? They are more or less the same phone. The only reason to buy the Acer Liquid Glow over the Acer Liquid Metal is because of ICS.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest lgcmn

The only reason to buy the Acer Liquid Glow over the Acer Liquid Metal is because of ICS.

don't forget the design..

if i was acer i would make an ICS update for metal after several months after start of selling Glow, cause i would push the metal selling too ;)

Guest guido89

don't forget the design..

if i was acer i would make an ICS update for metal after several months after start of selling Glow, cause i would push the metal selling too ;)

metal selling?where s metal selling?i don t see any advertising for metal (nor for any other acer device) at least in italy. the only trade i see for these devices (based on forums) is on ebay or similar where u can find it at 120 €...for a device who's sold by acer at 399 €...so i m not so sure that after months from the release of the glow (summer 2012) acer would be still hard interested in selling acer liquid metal...onestly it is at the end of his life already (in an economic way)

Guest franzo87

glow have a msm7227 and it's more luckily liquid mini or express concurrent, not mt.. mt is uniquie :D

yes the metal's cpu is really really better :D seems the same but it is different generation (look at wikipedia)!!

I think it will be impossible do the overclock on the glow like on the metal :) :) :)

Guest franzo87

We should mention (or tag) acer, acer italia, acer indonesia and all other official account and ask them in the same post. So they couldn't say different thing

Guest guido89

We should mention (or tag) acer, acer italia, acer indonesia and all other official account and ask them in the same post. So they couldn't say different thing

great idea but i can t find acer italy in twitter, where acer indonesia answered...i must check in facebook...

btw is it possible to tag a fan page?

i did it, waiting for reply, don t have too much faith anyway...

Edited by guido89

Guest LoveForEver1325

Guest guido89

acer indonesia answered me on facebook (where i tagged acer italy too), here's the reply...

that's really annoying that even the same office say different things but here it is...

post-962560-0-58881500-1334411866_thumb.

Guest ltpitt

Still today acer liquid metal is definitely the best bang for the buck you can get in the android world imho

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest liquid metal newbie

I think that ACER INDONESIA deosn't even know what a Liquid Metal is..

I am starting to guessing the same thing laugh.gif