[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest jeddy1

what was Newton doing sticking a needle in his eye if he didnt know what it would do to it ;) ? my point is that you only learn by exploring things you dont know, so take it easy. The guy made an assumption which turned out to be incorrect. No need to deter him from going on github just because of that

+1

I wonder if anyone told richard branson that he should've studied business before starting his own. or steve wozniak to study computing before co-founding apple?

let me give you another example. did you learn to ride a bike by reading a book on bike riding? or just by getting on the bike and pedalling as fast as you could? :D

anyway thats all off topic. has anyone got anything to say about RC6.1? im still on 5.8/5.9 and I dont know if its worth upgrading

+1

i guess brookergray get his drive license without to drive a car but just read :P

Guest brookergray

The github website is essentially just a read-only front end to git. Using github requires knowledge of GIT. Without knowing what's a commit, a branch, fork or repo is you won't be able to make sense of it. Just like how you can't drive a car without knowing what the gas pedal does and what are those instruments on the dashboard are. I can't see why you wrote those examples.

+1

i guess brookergray get his drive license without to drive a car but just read :P

When you got yours did they let you drive a car straight away or did you have to pass a test about theory?

Guest Maringer

Guys, all this bitching is really tedious.

Please give it a rest so we can concentrate on these excellent ROMs.

Guest masterlud

I use Pre-CM9-AOKP-REMIX-RC6.1fix-BLADE-full-signed, the rom is great, everything works fine, just black screen when a call is annoying, how can we fix it

Guest Kaar3l

How to get calendar sync working? I flashed new rom and gapps, but sync still is saying: Sync is experiencing problems......

Guest sensory

While this topic hasn't been on track for a good while now, it'd be absolutely fan-bloody-tastic if you guys could knock off the childish bickering and get to the point of this thread: THE ROM.

This forum is in serious need of some mods that will put an end to this BS.

Guest sensory

Flashed the latest version of this ROM and it looks great, calendar sync works again.. only bug that's still present is certain apps don't look right, when on CM9 they look fine. It's as if the bottom bar that's meant to be present in some apps is being forced to the top of the screen, e.g. stock Messaging app and most importantly Boid Twitter app (this is pretty much broken because of it).

Guest fp30

Flashed the latest version of this ROM and it looks great, calendar sync works again.. only bug that's still present is certain apps don't look right, when on CM9 they look fine. It's as if the bottom bar that's meant to be present in some apps is being forced to the top of the screen, e.g. stock Messaging app and most importantly Boid Twitter app (this is pretty much broken because of it).

I do not see this. Stock messaging app looks fine to me

Guest emajar

I keep getting phone freez while using Facebook for Android(4) times now and have to pullout bat.anyone else?6.1 fix.

Guest makm777

Flashed the latest 6.2 build without full wipe (just wiped Dalvik cache). Call wake up screen is fixed. Camera works well. Thanks a lot to developers.

Guest sej7278

Flashed the latest 6.2 build without full wipe (just wiped Dalvik cache). Call wake up screen is fixed. Camera works well. Thanks a lot to developers.

no, black screen is not fixed as far as i know, it just may not be manifesting for now, and i doubt camera is working well for 5mp users.

can anyone with black screen problems please get a logcat over to github so tom_g can look into it, as he and i can't reproduce for now on cm9.

i think coldfusionx swapped kernel to get around black screen, but pretty sure burstlam hasn't fixed it - although he may have reverted the cm7 phone settings commit ?

Guest Rockas

Anyone experienced problems with bluetooth phones?

I tried to use one and even if it got paired, i could hear the sound.

I was using a "nokia" device, I will try to test other devices.

But, anyone had a similar problem?

Guest thewild

Anyone experienced problems with bluetooth phones?

I tried to use one and even if it got paired, i could hear the sound.

I was using a "nokia" device, I will try to test other devices.

But, anyone had a similar problem?

Are you talking about bluetooth headsets ?

I use a Sony MW600 with no problem. I only use it as an audio device though (listening to music), I do not make phone calls with it.

Guest k.d.11

no, black screen is not fixed as far as i know, it just may not be manifesting for now, and i doubt camera is working well for 5mp users.

can anyone with black screen problems please get a logcat over to github so tom_g can look into it, as he and i can't reproduce for now on cm9.

i think coldfusionx swapped kernel to get around black screen, but pretty sure burstlam hasn't fixed it - although he may have reverted the cm7 phone settings commit ?

No its not about not manifesting it its fixed i think as there's a slight break in the ringtone and then the screen goes on and stuff so there might be some kinda workaround probably the commit burstlam mentioned in his last comment.Plus if it weren't a fix it wouldn't be mentioned in the first post and since i was continuously getting the black screen problem on 6.1 after trying all the wipe cache auto brightness stuff and now i dont im pretty sure its fixed..

Edit: I mean second post where he mentions its caused due to the 3.0 kernel stuff..

Edited by k.d.11

Guest Rockas

Are you talking about bluetooth headsets ?

I use a Sony MW600 with no problem. I only use it as an audio device though (listening to music), I do not make phone calls with it.

yes, exactly, sorry, english is not my mother language.

I tried both... listening to music and phone call... no sound on the headset.

I'll flash 6.2 today and run another test, then I'll try a different device.

Maybe Nokia doesn't like to have their devices on different brands :-)

Guest sej7278

No its not about not manifesting it its fixed i think as there's a slight break in the ringtone and then the screen goes on and stuff so there might be some kinda workaround probably the commit burstlam mentioned in his last comment.Plus if it weren't a fix it wouldn't be mentioned in the first post and since i was continuously getting the black screen problem on 6.1 after trying all the wipe cache auto brightness stuff and now i dont im pretty sure its fixed..

Edit: I mean second post where he mentions its caused due to the 3.0 kernel stuff..

ah yes didn't see the 2nd post, thanks. odd though as burstlam is only one using the 3.0 stuff

Guest Rockas

Just one clarification... it is advisable a full wipe before upgrading to 6.2?

Isn't dalvik and cache enough?

thank you in advance.

Guest markastor

I upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1 without any wipe, and the black screen bug fixed. And I didn't encountered any other bugs as well.

Just one clarification... it is advisable a full wipe before upgrading to 6.2?

Isn't dalvik and cache enough?

thank you in advance.