[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest Hack3rr

Found one problem, The play store is closing automatically after I start it, within secs. I had installed the 6.5.2v before so i just cleaned dalvic cache. everything works fine as of now accept play store. Anyone facing this issue?

2nd question, Can i flash beats audio for this rom? I haven flashed srs till now, it sucks compared to dsp tbh!

Guest C!chy

Flashing right now, so I will test 6.5.3 in a minute.

BTW, Do I need to flash gapps again after this update?

=====

Flashed!

Had issues with Google account and gapps, because I didn't flash gapps over the rom at first....

After I flashed gapps and readded Google account everything was back to normal. :)

I can NOT confirm issues with Play Store, it's working fine for me. Did you flash gapps over the rom? ;)

One thing to notice, it looks like there is no Device Settings anymore (under quick links).

Testing further!

Edited by C!chy

Guest C!chy

Can some one please confirm if there is a toggle,data mod for forcing 3g rather then automatic 2/3g in the latest build

I do NOT see this option anywhere. There only seems to be a toggle to force 2G (I guess it's like in Froyo), but no further possibility do choose WCDMA/GSM (like it was possible in Gingerbread).

Guest kumel

I do NOT see this option anywhere. There only seems to be a toggle to force 2G (I guess it's like in Froyo), but no further possibility do choose WCDMA/GSM (like it was possible in Gingerbread).

Damn the cfx has that option...and this is a remix of cfx... o.O

Edited by kumel

Guest Gregorypeg1000

the thread title should give you a clue - 6.5.3 is out :)

when i posted it wasn't.... One problem i have with this rom is that when i take off the usb cable while the phone is charging it may reboot.(2 at 3 times).But if i press the power button first for the screen to turn on and then remove the cable everything is ok.

Guest thewild

Great work Burstlam !

I am just very disappointed by the Apollo music player : no album art support ??? What the .... ???

It only uses downloaded art, it cannot use album art stored locally (either in the folder, or included in the MP3 tags). That's just impossible for me, I have spent hours adding all album arts on my library !

Too bad.. Switching back to music.apk from 6.5.2.

Guest C!chy
Damn the cfx has that option...and this is a remix of cfx... o.O

Don't want to bring any confusion, I just wasn't able to find that option. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough (settings are soo extensive in this rom!), so tell me where that option is in CFX and I will check again.

Guest kumel

Don't want to bring any confusion, I just wasn't able to find that option. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough (settings are soo extensive in this rom!), so tell me where that option is in CFX and I will check again.

Its at system,notification drawer,power widget, widget buttons, scroll down you'll see network modes..I know in aokp 6.5.2 I cudnt manage to get it...

Guest C!chy

Its at system,notification drawer,power widget, widget buttons, scroll down you'll see network modes..I know in aokp 6.5.2 I cudnt manage to get it...

AFAICT there is no such option...

Besides ROM is smooth and stable so far. :)

Guest TR1BAL

Hi all I'm new member of modaco I've tried all of your roms from the 6.3 and the wifi and bluethoot didn't work.. I've also try the coldfusion but didn't work..becouse loop in bootanimation. i think it's becouse i have 160 partition gen2 and need the change to 215mb partition...but i'm not sure of this and i need help..

Thanx all

Guest TR1BAL

Look at the first post of coldfusion topic :)

Thanx for the answer, I have 303 Mb of total space in my phone free and 259 free, in the first post of coldufusion say that I need 185 of free space, I can't understand why the wifi and bluethoot didn't work.. Will I resize my phone memory? How?

Thanx Mousses

Guest ufizo

i have error saying

"cant install E:/(filename)

(bad)

installation aborted."

what to do,please help?

redownload, verify MD5sum

Guest Hayden3430

Great work Burstlam !

I am just very disappointed by the Apollo music player : no album art support ??? What the .... ???

It only uses downloaded art, it cannot use album art stored locally (either in the folder, or included in the MP3 tags). That's just impossible for me, I have spent hours adding all album arts on my library !

Too bad.. Switching back to music.apk from 6.5.2.

Yeah i agree, apollo is still under development and that why i swap it for Google Music everytime :)

Guest hankhandsome

I don't mind apollo actually. i find the album art cache tends to eat up a lot of space on the phone anyway, so i don't mind it without it. if i had an ipod, it would be a different matter

Guest thewild

I don't mind apollo actually. i find the album art cache tends to eat up a lot of space on the phone anyway, so i don't mind it without it. if i had an ipod, it would be a different matter

I did not not that album art was cached. Where is that file ? I'd like to check its size.

How is this different on an iPod ?

Still, I don't like the way Apollo gets album art. It downloads it without warning, which is of course not very nice. Second, I don't know where it gets the album art from, but it is often wrong. Third, the quality is bad, really bad. All my tags have 300x300px or 500x500px pictures, and that's a lot better than what Apollo grabs online.

Otherwise, it looked very good.

Ah, I also did not like the white widget. It seems that the skins do not apply to the widget, too bad...

Guest hankhandsome

I did not not that album art was cached. Where is that file ? I'd like to check its size.

How is this different on an iPod ?

it's in a folder called "albumart" - can't remember off hand where it is. mine has got as high as 6gb before.

it would be different on an ipod for me for personal reasons - i'd prefer the album art on that, i'm not fussed on the phone

Guest thewild

it's in a folder called "albumart" - can't remember off hand where it is. mine has got as high as 6gb before.

it would be different on an ipod for me for personal reasons - i'd prefer the album art on that, i'm not fussed on the phone

OK I've found it, albumthumbs under Android/data/com.android.providers.media. Only 4.5 MB for me with more than 150 album covers. You're sure it rache 6 GB ?