[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest shmizan

burtslam, you're awesome. thanks for the ROM.

I wonder what is the root of the problem in the camera?

Edited by shmizan

Guest przemek_3

Tilal had to stop work on their projects, but its sources are available on github, I hope that you could use some of them to improve the speed of the animation

Second question, is possible to add "data ON/OFF" switch to notification area ?

Guest mark ryan

browser and most apps work very well, the browser feels almost faster than gingerbread.

2 problems i have however, the home button doesnt work? i tried the software and hardware home button doesnt work at all?! is there a fix or am i forced to keep pressing back? also, the gapps arent working but that may be because i have 160mb partition, yet the description says thats okay?

anyway, i feel this rom is the best ics rom to date :)

Guest k.d.11

Fluidity is great!UI is super smooth everything is perfect ! just if you can get complete stage fright and streaming issue is solved it will be almost fully functional because game performance is also pretty good! stock video player plays videos well!almost perfect some small lag here and there..

Edit: I dont confirm that much keyboard lag

Edited by k.d.11

Guest Loren82

The rom is very smooth and I like AOKP options, it becomes much more comfortable and stylish than normal APPEARANCE ICS, the truth is that I like so much

The duration of the battery spectacular, and at rest does not consume anything, it's like the cell phone would be completely off, even with active wifi

Edited by Loren82

Guest burstlam

@przemek and others concerning Mobile Data toggles : toggles code already implemented with phone.apk source code, some minor issues to be settled. let's wait AOKP team's upstream work finish.

@mark-ryan : Can I have more information about ur device. Do u know which touchscreen panel u are using? actually, for users with synaptics ts, "system/usr/idc/synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.idc" file is not longer needed. pls check whether the touchscreen reflexes after u have remove it and reboots

I am using wbaw's custom tpt with 160mb partition. works fine here.

btw Gapps package provided include core service and Market only. you have to download them back from market.

@sierra2000 : I will check it up.

Edited by burstlam

Guest mark ryan

I opened the zip and deleted apps I don't use and swapped the launcher for apex. then re-flashed. Solved everything! :) I'm really liking your rom please update, I think a new music app would be nice I use cm9 music apk. Thanks for your work!

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Burstlam,

Thanks for your stable ROM.

I shall be happy if you could kindly fix the following problem (Very Urgent).....

1. I have installed Yahoo, GMAIL and GOSMS apk in my blade after installed this ROM.... Suddenly my battery consuming more power. Per day i need to charge more than 3 times......Is there any solution for that?

2. I need Circle Battery....What can i do?

3. In Front Screen, I don't need "Google Search".....How to delete that from Front screen?

4. (!!! Dear God, I request you to please give lots of coding knowledge for Mr.Burstlam to fix Camera Preview problem for AKOP-CM9 ROM!!!!)

I am expecting your valuable Reply.

Regards,

Guna

Edited by gunapriyan

Guest nfs1mw
Dear Burstlam,

Thanks for your stable ROM.

I shall be happy if you could kindly fix the following problem (Very Urgent).....

1. I have installed Yahoo, GMAIL and GOSMS apk in my blade after installed this ROM.... Suddenly my battery consuming more power. Per day i need to charge more than 3 times......Is there any solution for that?

2. I need Circle Battery....What can i do?

3. In Front Screen, I don't need "Google Search".....How to delete that from Front screen?

4. (!!! Dear God, I request you to please give lots of coding knowledge for Mr.Burstlam to fix Camera Preview problem for AKOP-CM9 ROM!!!!)

I am expecting your valuable Reply.

Regards,

Guna

1. Switch off phone. Charge it full and calibrate battery from recovery. Just give it a hit.

2. Haven't u checked Settings/RomControl/StatusBar/Battery/. See what's there in it.

3. Haven't u seen TrebuchetSettings/HomeScreens/enable-Persistent-search-bar.

I suggest u to use a stable GB rom when u can't even find what's there in the rom.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest nfs1mw

I don't understand your words...What is Borat? And is there any problem for asking updations to developer?

You hurt me by using word "Annoying". I don't know which is annoying in my thread.

It was annoying really especially when u ask silly questions to a developer which are not even bugs and expect the replies/fixes to be urgent.

Guest gunapriyan

Friend,

First up all, I am very sorry for asking help about this ROM.

Earlier, I have used Swedish ROM. There is no ROM CONTROL/TREBUCHETSETTINGS.....

That's why I have hesitation to use options which you prefered.

And I shall be happy if you could explain how to Calibrate Battery from Recovery......

Is there any specific option for Calibrate Battery in Recovery?

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

1. Switch off phone. Charge it full and calibrate battery from recovery. Just give it a hit.

2. Haven't u checked Settings/RomControl/StatusBar/Battery/. See what's there in it.

3. Haven't u seen TrebuchetSettings/HomeScreens/enable-Persistent-search-bar.

I suggest u to use a stable GB rom when u can't even find what's there in the rom.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest gunapriyan

Please forgiven me for ask silly questions.

Camera Problem is a big problem from very beginning in ICS...Is it Bug or not?

Is there any problem to ask about that?

I request you to please use balanced words for New members like me......

We are coming this forum to gain knowledge about Blade....

You people indirectly told that there is no place for new members.....

Anyway thanks boss...

Regards,

Guna

It was annoying really especially when u ask silly questions to a developer which are not even bugs and expect the replies/fixes to be urgent.

Guest nfs1mw

I never said battery life will increase. I know most of the battery related problems in android are due to calibration errors (and not due to battery wear).

I too installed Burstlams build on 11april (not the full language version). Prior to that i had coldfusionX 7april build. Just after installing burstlams build my battery rejected to charge anything beyond 50% from the OS. No matter how i try the issue is there when charging from the OS. Then i charged it by switching off the mobile and it got fully charged. Then calibrated battery from recovery and it worked fine.

Anyway thanks for ur tip.

Guest brookergray

Let me rephrase what I said earlier. There's no such thing as as battery calibration. Poor battery life is not a result of incorrect calibration (remember, calibration doesn't exist) but depends on usage.

Guest gunapriyan

Friend,

I agree 100% ur word....

So I come to conclusion, my battery is charging more than 50%. So Calibration is no need.

But I must Uninstall GMAIL, YAHOO and GOSMS.......to save my battery life....

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Guna

I never said battery life will increase. I know most of the battery related problems in android are due to calibration errors (and not due to battery wear).

I too installed Burstlams build on 11april (not the full language version). Prior to that i had coldfusionX 7april build. Just after installing burstlams build my battery rejected to charge anything beyond 50% from the OS. No matter how i try the issue is there when charging from the OS. Then i charged it by switching off the mobile and it got fully charged. Then calibrated battery from recovery and it worked fine.

Anyway thanks for ur tip.

Guest pooup

Hello everybody..

did you now how to update my calendar through Google account timing?

thanks ... and congratulation for the astonish rom...

Guest fonix232

Burstlam, you did a great work, as usual :D

Just one thing that bothers me... the apps seem to think the phone uses the tablet layout... I know, it sounds weird, and I don't know if it's AOKP or a simple mis-set flag during build, but it's pretty annoying (Market uses Tablet interface, in WiFi settings the Scan/Advanced buttons are on top, etc). Would it be possible to swap to the generic phone layout?

Guest kaherdin

Hi

Came from Coldfusion X today. Wiped all and formated system, flashed ROM, booted, waited för ten minutes and then flashed attached gapps package in first post.

All working as hoped exept calendar sync. It tells me that there is an issue with syncing and wont show my google calendars at all.

Any suggestions, anyone.

Guest Fatty Eglon

@bookergray @nfs1mw

I know I've mentioned this before but...

I realise @gunapriyan's questions might seem stupid to you both, but no doubt he just wanted answers and came to this great site. Why do mock a person who is clearly not western european by saying he sounds like 'Borat' ? Why are you mean spirited to a person who is plainly less experienced? Why can't despite this things we be polite and have good manners? Aren't we hear to help each other?

This hurt the guy initially and then he tries really hard to be polite and fit in. @gunupriyan you are a gentleman and have good manners in the face of rudeness. Respect to you.

This forum should be a warm and welcoming place for all. No topic is the preserve of the demi-gods. By our attitude we would never want to put off others from coming back.

@bookergray You are an experienced poster man and you help in so many ways. Some of your posts have helped me but man just for the sake of this great forum and yourself try and be a tiny bit more gracious and kind mate.

Peace and love to all posters.

F.E.

Edited by Fatty Eglon

Guest Щачло карпа
@bookergray @nfs1mw

I realise @gunapriyan's questions might seem stupid to you both, but no doubt he just wanted answers and came to this great site. Why do mock a person who is clearly not western european by saying he sounds like 'Borat' ? Why are you mean spirited to a person who is plainly less experienced? Why can't despite this things we be polite and have good manners? Aren't we hear to help each other?

This hurt the guy initially and then he tries really hard to be polite and fit in. @gunupriyan you are a gentleman and have good manners in the face of rudeness. Respect to you.

This forum should be a warm and welcoming place for all. No topic is the preserve of the demi-gods. By our attitude we would never want to put off others from coming back.

@bookergray You are an experienced poster man and you help in so many ways. Some of your posts have helped me but man just for the sake of this great forum and yourself try and be a tiny bit more gracious and kind mate.

F.E.

I second that

Guest sensory

@bookergray @nfs1mw

F.E.

Hear hear, well said. There is NO need for the childishness displayed in this thread, please let's try and be polite to each other.

Great work on this Burstlam, I won't add to the bug reports because I haven't found anything new. Battery seems to be lasting a lot longer than it did on ColdFusionX ICS CM9. Hopefully this ROM will receive continued support from the community. I had never heard of the Kang Project before now and the ROM has some excellent features.