[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest hankhandsome

Has anyone noticed a problem in the camera? Yesterday - i was never able to see what the camera was looking - but when i take a photo, it was fine.

Today, the camera preview part was flickering - but it still works... blink.gif

this has long been a known problem with ICS - the camera preview was only ever 'partially' working.

anyway, i tried this rom myself last night and i'm honestly blown away by how good it actually is. the funny thing is, i actually have more free space on this on my 160mb partition with the small gapps than i did on the last burgerz kang that i had installed.

definitely using this full time now - just hope the battery life is decent.

*edit*

having two problems though - the stock clock app keeps crashing, so can't set alarms, and the pico TTS service crashes as well. haven't tried the google one yet - haven't got time at the moment

Edited by hankhandsome

dont believe me? see this posts of ppl with softbutton problems

http://forum.xda-dev...22&postcount=59

see the screenshots also. i have the same problem on this rom and even on coldfusionX

easy, easy. I didnt say I didnt believe you, I was just asking where you had the tablet interface i.e. was it in an app or the whole ROM.

But like I say its fine for me so I dont know why its behaving differently on your phone.

Guest gunapriyan

Friends,

Once again i am coming with a new request.

When i long press "Power" button, I can't find "Recovery Mode".

It contains, "Reboot", "Suspended Mode" and "Power Off".

How can i get into CWM?

I shall be happy if you could reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Guest jpop79

Friends,

Once again i am coming with a new request.

When i long press "Power" button, I can't find "Recovery Mode".

It contains, "Reboot", "Suspended Mode" and "Power Off".

How can i get into CWM?

I shall be happy if you could reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Choose "reboot" it'll give you more options

Guest Щачло карпа

easy, easy. I didnt say I didnt believe you, I was just asking where you had the tablet interface i.e. was it in an app or the whole ROM.

But like I say its fine for me so I dont know why its behaving differently on your phone.

are u using softkeys without a single problem?

Guest Loren82

Choose "reboot" it'll give you more options

Exactly,If you click reboot you will have the option to reboot into recovery mode.

Sorry to answer it for you, I was confused xD, for which he was asked the question

Edited by Loren82

Guest gunapriyan

Friends, Thanks for your replies...

I have placed "TPT" image file in my SD Card...

Thats why i have faced problem.

Now i delete that. And my device is rebooting in Recovery is fine....

Regards,

Guna

^ Switch your phone off; Turn it back on and press and hold (Vol -) key.

are u using softkeys without a single problem?

I was. but I switched them off just yesterday because I found them useless sincewe have hard keys that provide essentially the same functionality without taking up room on the screen.

Guest hankhandsome

sort of solved the problem. restored the clock app from titanium and it appears to work - can set alarms and everything. although each time i reboot, it crashes again and i have to restore it again.

also installed a TTS program from the market and just removed Pico and Google TTS and that seems to work as well

Guest vrwmiaris

i found a way to use swype with nav buttons enabled.i have them in default and this works,so this solved.btw this rom is so stable r u sure that this is beta????????????

Guest jeddy1

i found a way to use swype with nav buttons enabled.i have them in default and this works,so this solved.btw this rom is so stable r u sure that this is beta????????????

of course its beta

what u think

anyway seeing your nickname i would say take a shower ;)

Guest trueno2k

Before asking my questions, just like to say thanks for supporting the Blade and porting AOKP ICS to the Blade, much appreciate the work done here!... :P

I have just 2 questions about the status bar power widgets... Can someone kindly explain what the swagger function does?... And, why is there no Mobile Data widget function (I like to have one there as I turn mine on/off when using and not using WiFi, helps to keep the battery drain minimised)?...

Thanks & Keep up the great work!... :D

Edited by trueno2k

Before asking my questions, just like to say thanks for supporting the Blade and porting AOKP ICS to the Blade, much appreciate the work done here!... :P

I have just 2 questions about the status bar power widgets... Can someone kindly explain what the swagger function does?... And, why is there no Mobile Data widget function (I like to have one there as I turn mine on/off when using and not using WiFi, helps to keep the battery drain minimised)?...

Thanks & Keep up the great work!... :D

swagger function makes your phone bad ass (actually it does nothing afaik. thinks its just there for laughs)

No idea why there is no mobile data toggle. you could use the sync toggle I guess. wouldnt that have the same effect on battery life?

Guest Markiv

this has long been a known problem with ICS - the camera preview was only ever 'partially' working.

Hey the camera works perfectly fine with coldfusion tho... so am not so sure y am having a problem with this??

BTW this ROM is better than coldfusion in gaming. I play a game called CJ: Strike Back - Coldfusion had problem with it -gets stuck at times, this ROM works as fast as Gingernread used to... awesome...

Guest trueno2k

swagger function makes your phone bad ass (actually it does nothing afaik. thinks its just there for laughs)

No idea why there is no mobile data toggle. you could use the sync toggle I guess. wouldnt that have the same effect on battery life?

Thanks for the reply fp30, Sync isn't the toggle to switch off mobile data usage it's used for switching on data updates for apps that automatically request data updates, whereas turning on/off mobile data allows or disallows the use of your monthly data usage, hope that explains it right!?... :P ... I don't really need sync switched on as I usually like updating the particular apps data myself as and when I use them, and turning off mobile data helps me reduce monthly data allowance usage and battery drain...

Thanks for the reply fp30, Sync isn't the toggle to switch off mobile data usage it's used for switching on data updates for apps that automatically request data updates, whereas turning on/off mobile data allows or disallows the use of your monthly data usage, hope that explains it right!?... :P ... I don't really need sync switched on as I usually like updating the particular apps data myself as and when I use them, and turning off mobile data helps me reduce monthly data allowance usage and battery drain...

yes I understand what syncing does and I agree that its not the same as turning data off but my thought was that if nothing is syncing then there shouldnt be much (if any) data being used anyway. So it should at least reduce your data usage

Guest fonehacker

Bluetooth doesnt turn on at all. Anyone else???

edit:Got it to work after formatting /system and installing ROM again.biggrin.gif

Edited by fonehacker

Guest hankhandsome

the stock email app crashes for me, as well as the clock app as well - i've restored both from a titanium backup and both seem to now work fine, but it would be nice to have the stock ICS apps though

Guest trueno2k

yes I understand what syncing does and I agree that its not the same as turning data off but my thought was that if nothing is syncing then there shouldnt be much (if any) data being used anyway. So it should at least reduce your data usage

Well, data usage isn't the biggest thing that bothers me, it's the fact that (if you can remember me saying before) I can't easily turn on/off mobile data when I turn on/off WiFi toggle... Having both toggles switched on drains a lot of power out of my battery, it's also a waste of resources, for me I like just one or the other, I just see it as pointless having both on because I'm only gonna be using one or the other connection... Having to go in to settings to turn off mobile data is quite tiresome... Would really appreciate it if a mobile data toggle can be included with the other notification power toggles... :P ... Keep up the great work!... :D

Edited by trueno2k

Guest marek989
the stock email app crashes for me, as well as the clock app as well - i've restored both from a titanium backup and both seem to now work fine, but it would be nice to have the stock ICS apps though

Clear its data.

Hello, I'm using cfx now, can I flash this over cfx, only wiping cache and dalvik? Or full wipe is required?

No full wipe needed Id you are flashing over CFX.

Guest hankhandsome

Clear its data.

i did.

still happy with this rom completely but i'd love a customisable power control bar like CM7 has .. haven't found a decent free one in the market yet