Android update for Samsung Galaxy S SCL GT-i9003

Guest Turak64

Guest Turak64

Hi guys

Sorry for posting a newbie question, but I really want to make sure I get this right.

I recently got a Galaxy S but it appears my model number prevents me from getting any support from Kies or the software update on the phone it's self. My friend who has the i9000 has been able to get an official update to Gingerbread, but as mine is slightly different I can't get it. I've upgraded the fireware on Android phones before (ZTE blade) so I got some experience in doing it, however as the model number for my phone seems to be so rare I'm really worried about getting the right ROM for it! Currently the phone is rooted and I got Clockwork ROM manager installed. I would really like to get ICS installed on it, but any upgrade from v2.2.1 (Froyo) would do.

Can someone point me in the right direction for getting a ROM that will 100% work with the phone. On the boot screen it's shown as "Samsung Galaxy S SCL GT-i9003". Baseband version I9003XXKB1. Kernel version 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Simon

Guest richardj

Hi guys

Sorry for posting a newbie question, but I really want to make sure I get this right.

I recently got a Galaxy S but it appears my model number prevents me from getting any support from Kies or the software update on the phone it's self. My friend who has the i9000 has been able to get an official update to Gingerbread, but as mine is slightly different I can't get it. I've upgraded the fireware on Android phones before (ZTE blade) so I got some experience in doing it, however as the model number for my phone seems to be so rare I'm really worried about getting the right ROM for it! Currently the phone is rooted and I got Clockwork ROM manager installed. I would really like to get ICS installed on it, but any upgrade from v2.2.1 (Froyo) would do.

Can someone point me in the right direction for getting a ROM that will 100% work with the phone. On the boot screen it's shown as "Samsung Galaxy S SCL GT-i9003". Baseband version I9003XXKB1. Kernel version 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Simon

The best places for firmware for the Galaxy S range is sammobile.com. Link here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9003&r=1 You need to register on sammobile.com before you can download.

• 2 months later...
Guest Turak64

I've just managed to flash using 1 file and now on ginger bread. Massive thanks to richardj for the help!

Little tip for everyone. If you're booting on one file, you don't need to worry about the PIT and other files. Just open the phone in download mode, connect it to Odin and select the file as "PDA" and press start! I was getting confused for AGES about the other files... you just don't need them!!