I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest h14kly

A quick question to you all out there, i am presently owner of version 1 sanfransisco, cannot create hotspot with that phone, does this phone have the option to start hotspot as i am lost without internet on my tablet whilst working in fields lol, thx for any help

Guest punjabi

Thanks guys. I've just followed wonderfibre's link and got it setup!

Will the T-mobile settings work with Orange as I know they both share each others signals...?

Thanks again

Guest Davidoff59

wireless tether and hotspot capabilities are functional on all gingerbread roms, unless the network provider has locked down this function and charges extra for it. Its available for the blade and it's available for this phone.

What rom are you using? Most 2.3 roms have this feature and if they don't, then custom roms do.

Guest h14kly

wireless tether and hotspot capabilities are functional on all gingerbread roms, unless the network provider has locked down this function and charges extra for it. Its available for the blade and it's available for this phone.

What rom are you using? Most 2.3 roms have this feature and if they don't, then custom roms do.

i have origenal 2.1 software on mine, i am not very competant at this rom stuff

Guest Davidoff59

2.1 wow, things are well different in 2.3. I have no idea how you have put up with all that orange bloatware for this long.

The Blade runs 2.3 very well with more features and settings and of course, security fixes.

If your interested in having a read, can I recommend OrangeSanFrancisco.co.UK

I used that as a complete noob to android

and it went without a hitch and my blade is on 2.3.

There is also a very active blade forum here at modaco with as much choice in roms as you will ever need.

An upgrade to 2.3 will be like getting a new phone and its good to learn so I would look to upgrade your blade to 2.3 before looking to buy a new phone.

Guest trueno2k

A quick question to you all out there, i am presently owner of version 1 sanfransisco, cannot create hotspot with that phone, does this phone have the option to start hotspot as i am lost without internet on my tablet whilst working in fields lol, thx for any help

Isn't that a question for the Blade section... I thought were here to talk G300, LOL... :P

Guest KasioPC

i have another question....

what size is it compared to the ZTE Blade/OSF?

(anyone got both to compare next to each other)

Well, after having it for just over a week, my SF feels tiny, like I have giant hands!

Guest FrankieADZ

Well, after having it for just over a week, my SF feels tiny, like I have giant hands!

is the G300 bigger length wise for the screen?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

is the G300 bigger length wise for the screen?

Sorry, are you asking whether the G300's screen is longer than the SF's screen, or are you asking whether the whole phone is longer to accommodate the 4" screen?

Guest FrankieADZ

Sorry, are you asking whether the G300's screen is longer than the SF's screen, or are you asking whether the whole phone is longer to accommodate the 4" screen?

im just on about screen size and whether its bigger than the OSF's screen..in terms of length & width.

*sorry to confuse.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

im just on about screen size and whether its bigger than the OSF's screen..in terms of length & width.

*sorry to confuse.

The G300 screen is 4" long compared to the SF's 3.5" (so, G300 is half an inch longer). Oddly, all reviews seem to refer to the length of the screens only and don't mention the width. The screen on my G300 is fractionally over 2" wide, but I don't know how that compares with the San Francisco.

Guest FrankieADZ

The G300 screen is 4" long compared to the SF's 3.5" (so, G300 is half an inch longer). Oddly, all reviews seem to refer to the length of the screens only and don't mention the width. The screen on my G300 is fractionally over 2" wide, but I don't know how that compares with the San Francisco.

oh ok :)

thanks for that.

Getting seriously tempted now :huh: :)

Go for it!

This is going to be like the blade all over again but better.

Official Ics,and,cm9 will be coming this way when tilal buys one.

Its all good :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Chris Banks

Screen size is measured from corner to corner (diagonally), not length, just so you know.

I am very tempted by this phone, I just hope there will be a black version soon :)

Guest Davidoff59

I was just going to say that Chris.

I'm back on the blade and its slow and small in comparison and battery life on blade isn't great in comparison.

Guest FrankieADZ

be interesting if all the other phone networks stick to the same price point or try under cutting each other when it comes available to other networks in 3 months time :)

I expect different version by then too :)

I was just going to say that Chris.

I'm back on the blade and its slow and small in comparison and battery life on blade isn't great in comparison.

stop tempting me u :o ;)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Screen size is measured from corner to corner (diagonally), not length, just so you know.

Aha! Suddenly it makes more sense! I knew that is how TV screen sizes are presented and never made the association with portable devices. What a dunce!

Guest FrankieADZ

Ive got another question...*sorry in advance lol

Do you think this phone is worth getting?....Im only saying this as what other ones (that are half decent) & dont cost the earth are coming out soon?(within a couple a month etc)...& do u think they'll get much support?

*I like to cover the bases before I get something new ;) lol *sorry

Guest Davidoff59

Huawei P1 and P1 S or P1 Slim, Zte Mimosa x and Zte era to name a few as well As orange Monte Carlo with Intel medfield processor.

There us also the Huawei D Quad.

Edited by Davidoff59