Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

Guest gregorv

Guest Patrick73
1334940309' post=1938442']

Got mine unlocked (ebay £7.48) worked a treat on O2. My only problen is setting the o2 APN - cannot find it in the menu structure at all. For those that have set theirs (ignoring the giffgaff app) How did you do it? When I go Settings / Wireless Networks / Mobile Networks I just get three switches (tick boxes). Where have they hidden APN's??

If you press the menu button it gives you the option to add another apn. Once your in the apn selection page.

Guest irishpancake

Ha! I made the mistake of telling him already. It's for his birthday in early May. Both of us have San Frans at the mo.

He's a skint student and it's his BIG birthday, 2&1. So he gets an Amplifier as well for his digs. I haven't found a deal on that yet though. :)

Student......Amplifier....Digs.....

OMG.....where is he living!!!

Neighbours.....Police.....Warnings....

You're crazy Dad.....give him the Phone.....you get the Amp

:lol:

Guest Patrick73
1334952686' post=1938552']

I bet the amps for the phone to hear it ringing.....

Guest anglo

12hrs.

Thanks goodfella :)

The missus won't let me get another, there's one in every room in the house. (apart from bathroom & kitchen, battery Dab radios in those) :)

I bet the amps for the phone to hear it ringing.....

Nice one. :D

My one test earlier on with the speaker was a youtube music clip and the volume was fine on that, though it may lack volume when it comes to hearing ring tones.

UPDATE: I just asked my son to try using his usual ringtones on the phone and to him they sound normal. I could also here them from the other end of the through lounge. .

Guest Davidoff59

I bought the unlock code from specialize also. Despite it saying orders before 4 will be delivered by the next day, I ordered well after 5pm and I got it the next day. I was the first out of ten on offer to buy in that current round so that may have helped. It may have taken longer if say 7 people had bought before me on the same day.

Guest Davidoff59

pretty sure it says up to 72 hours on weekends so it may be that it's a workplace thAt he has so isn't in on weekends. I did point him to this forum last night and suggested he join.

If he has replied, I will ask what's the weekend situation with codes.

Guest trueno2k

Ooh, the popularity has been noticed. Price has gone up to £7.98 now.

Wow, prices are rising now to 8.48... I know it's not much, but the principle is damn right rude... Well, can't blame the seller for trying it on, as it's still cheaper than Vodafone themselves...

Here is the link to the new sale http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180866571972&index=20&nav=SEARCH&nid=39108793194

Guest plegdroid

According to his auction i should receive it today... It only says Friday evening and later would take longer...

morning you been to sleep as yet? you was on when I went to bed and still on now :lol:

Guest Frankish

morning you been to sleep as yet? you was on when I went to bed and still on now :lol:

Morning mate. I have actually had more sleep than usual believe it or not, 5-6 hours a night does me ok. Can't believe he has time to put his prices up but not get my code to me laugh.gif

Cheeky beggar! Unless he has to wait to get it from someone else...

Guest plegdroid

Morning mate. I have actually had more sleep than usual believe it or not, 5-6 hours a night does me ok. Can't believe he has time to put his prices up but not get my code to me laugh.gif

:lol: business, possible, supply chains. I've not been around when a new forum been stated( or took interest in) and this is gripping. four or five hours sleep, can relate to that :D think panda eyed. :D

Guest feckineejit

Yes he does have to wait to get it off someone else, i emailed him the other day to ask if i could change my imei number, and he said:

Thank you for your query. Once we have receive an order they are passed to our supplies very soon after. We are therefore unable to refund orders once this process has begun.

Regards

- specialize

Guest trueno2k

Yes he does have to wait to get it off someone else, i emailed him the other day to ask if i could change my imei number, and he said:

Thank you for your query. Once we have receive an order they are passed to our supplies very soon after. We are therefore unable to refund orders once this process has begun.

Regards

- specialize

I wonder the supplies is referring to Huawei themselves or the person/people generating the IMEI unlock codes?... :D :P ... Also wonder if they're both are partners in crime selling these codes LOL :P

Guest Frankish

Makes sense. I rang him and he said if i ordered before 4 i will definitely receive my code this afternoon. He took my ebay username too and said to check in a couple of hours...

Guest trueno2k

the price bump in the unlock has put me off buying this phone now *sigh*

Try going on TopCashBack.com or summat like that or Quidco.com to see if they're doing any cashback offers on this handset to get it less than 100£ and maybe risk a waiting game for the free unlock, seeing as the ebay seller is being greedy putting up prices as he creates new sales and creating bad respect... What I think he should have done was set a good enough price (say 12£ is still cheaper than Vodafone) and leave it at that and keep it that way and he and his partners will eventually gain the respect and custom from you early adopters...

Guest Davidoff59

in fairness it was an introductory offer and is still cheap. Vodafone wanted 20 quid, and said they had to contact the manufacturer for the code which could take up to 3 weeks so I went with ebay. Its prob Vodafones way of ensuring you spend some credit money with them.

Guest Frankish

Well my unlock just came and all is well. To be honest it may not be his choice to put up his prices. Seeing as he gets them from someone else maybe the more he asks for the more they charge him. He needs to make a profit.

Maybe I was lucky? I called the VF helpline and they said they wanted £20 to unlock. I hadn't registered the SIM and only had the £10 top-up from initial purchase. They suggested I go into the local VF shop and ask them to do it all for me. Long story, but basically they did the unlock on their screen, it came straight away. They typed in the NUC unlock - OK, I'm back on Orange (only 7 months left on contract, thank goodness). I didn't have to pay anything for the unlock. I have no credit left on the initial £10 top-up but who cares. It's got to be worth a visit to your local VF shop!!

Guest Patrick73
1335002420' post=1938795']

the price bump in the unlock has put me off buying this phone now *sigh*

It's only gone up by £1.00 from £7.48 and remember eBay charge 10% then the % PayPal take too.

My local shop wanted £10.00 so still cheap