[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest WildOne007

Fish & Chips, great rom no bluetooth,

CyanogenMod 7, great rom no Wifi tethering

CyanogenMod 9, everything works (I think?) very poor battery life

No ideal rom found yet for me.

Edited by WildOne007

@wildone007 did you try kickass rom? If not I am suggesting that you flash it and test it I didn't find any bugs on it except battery drain issue but other people saying that they don't have that problem and maybe my network is messing things up.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Bluetooth doesn't work on F&C only if you don't replace the Music app.

CM7 has a bit of broken stuff still, but fast, stable and lightest on the battery for my usage (web browser/text).

Guest AmbushReality

I'm using rymate1234's PA build, which has excellent battery life, fast performance, and, hybrid UI :)

@ambushreality as far sa i can tell that rom is in Rymate123 paranoid android build USB mass storage dont work(at least he wrote that,maybe he fixed it ? ).. Can u confirm that ? Also whould like more details about that rom plz ..Also it there anyway to flash it to Vivacity ?

Edited by dimi89

Guest AmbushReality
@ambushreality as far sa i can tell that rom is in Rymate123 paranoid android build USB mass storage dont work(at least he wrote that,maybe he fixed it ? ).. Can u confirm that ? Also whould like more details about that rom plz ..Also it there anyway to flash it to Vivacity ?

Use dazzozos CM9 TMV kernel. Look on surfungus's list to find it and UMS is useless to me

New to this forum.....

Just installed CM7 on the OSF2.....and very pleased. (like CM7 from previous use on HTC HD2).

Was trying to get BBC Iplayer to work.

Downloaded the flash and iplayer apks from the FnC thread, and installed, but although Iplayer starts and I can navigate, playing video fails and results in an ask to upgrade, and then a "not found" error from google play.

If I uninstall the Iplayer from the phone, and simply try to install the iplayer from Google play all I get is a message that my device is unsupported.

I was thinking that given the apks available that iplayer would be workable....anyone got it working?

Thanks in advance for advice, and thanks for the CM7 port!

K

Welcome, you might want to change your username though, that's just inviting spam.

Must be being dim but can't see how to change user name!

wrt original question....from searching about I think it maybe that BBC Iplayer has move to use adobe air and away from flash....and that there is no air release for the armv6 processor in the OSF2?

That's where I am - anyone can confirm, or deny, or is there a workaround?

Cheers

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

When I first used CM7 I was hitting just over 2 days of battery life without charging. This included using WIFI whilst at home, having 3g turned on most of the day and heavy texting with a few phone calls, internet browsing, facebook and twitter etc but after flashing back I'm barely getting 8 hours out of it.

Any ideas why? I've noticed my device isn't going into deep sleep but I can't figure out what's stopping it.

Thanks

Guest plewis1981

Hi guys I want to remove the stock messaging app from the rom zip before flashing but I cannot see an messaging.apk in the system/app folder only Mms.apk so I assume I should remove this but I'm. Not to sure don't want to do a fresh install just to find I have assumedwrong and have to reflash yet again.

So if someone could offer any advice I would be most grateful.

• 4 months later...

When I first used CM7 I was hitting just over 2 days of battery life without charging. This included using WIFI whilst at home, having 3g turned on most of the day and heavy texting with a few phone calls, internet browsing, facebook and twitter etc but after flashing back I'm barely getting 8 hours out of it.

Any ideas why? I've noticed my device isn't going into deep sleep but I can't figure out what's stopping it.

Thanks

Same issue here..Anyone pls?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Same issue here..Anyone pls?

Use Titanium Backup to kill some processes, I always remove Google Talk cos it's one of the worst culprits for keeping your phone awake.

• 1 month later...
Guest Prince iqbal

my phone stuck on boot logo but working on background

so i decided to flash my rom it happen because earlier i use link2 sd to increase internal rom and my phone was switch off because of battery low

and when i restart it stuck on logo

then i go to clock recovery and tried to mound sd card and ext2 but its not mount

do we have single img file so i can able to flash it with adb