[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm about to flash this just to test it out and see if the battery is better than CM9, just wondering if there is any ICS ThemeChoser themes which will work on the Crescent?

Guest fr0do

Yes there's a great ics theme. 1.6. It's not quite the same without the latest gapps. Battery is tremendous tho :)

Edited by fr0do

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks a bunch, do all MDPI themes work on the Crescent? Just wondering because flashing .zip themes was a risky process which I avoided on my first Android!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thank you! Phone is now rebooting into CM7, then I have the fun process of restoring my apps! Fun fun fun!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I keep getting an error when ever I try to download an app from the market, I postponed the installer to set up my wifi but I don't know how to access it again- I tried reflashing the gapps file but no luck, any ideas?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I may of found the problem; I keep getting a 'Google Talk Authentication Failed' notification which reads 'Google Talk failed to log in. If this is a Google Apps account, confirm that Chat service is enabled for this account.'

Any ideas on how to fix?

I tried wiping market data, reinstalling the gapps zip, wiping both caches, completely reinstalling ROM.

Guest fr0do

I had it once - I googled a fix which was the above.

Other suggestions:

1. go into your APN settings and remove anything in the "Proxy" field, right below "APN"

2. Go to Applications > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Market > Clear cache

3. Restart

4. go to Applications > Settings > Privacy (or on older devices Settings > Storage) and tap Factory data reset

Edited by fr0do

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll try it if this fix doesn't work;

"icon1.gif How to fix google talk authentication failed

I just thought id post this information so everyone wouldn't have to search for it. Go to settings-applications-manage applications and scroll down to market and clear data then scroll down to google services framework and clear data then reboot you're phone and that's it enjoy. Remember it will take about 10 minutes to be able to use tmad.gifhe market again."

So much hassle!

Thanks for the help by the way

Edit-

All sorted now, thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

screenshot-1337207119651.png

Spent my night setting my phone up. I'm loving CM7 on my Crescent, runs great, no problems at all. It was the first ROM i flashed on my Galaxy 5 so it's good to have it on my new phone. Thanks a lot for the ROM!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Just wondering if there's any mods I can download to do small changes such as align the status bar clock to the center.

Thanks

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

screenshot-1337290297828.pngscreenshot-1337290287018.png

Slowly getting it how I like it, just need to find a nice icon pack then I'm finished! Oh and I found a zip file you can flash via CWM to align the clock to the middle, I'll attach the files and the original thread tomorrow with the instructions!

Guest yk4ever

Not exactly a CM question, but your experience might help.

A friend of mine bought a SF2 recently, brought it to some dodgy phone shop for unlocking. They unlocked it alright, but 1) camera stopped working 2) it started to drain battery as hell.

The ROM seemed to be still stock Orange one. There was no even Clockwork, only FTM.

She gave it to me. I've decided to reflash it with CM and see if it helps. Tried both CM7 and CM9 builds posted here on MoDaCo. Both installed fine, but the camera still isn't working.

Opening the "Camera" app leads to a black screen. After a while, it crashes. Subsequent attempts to start it just result in "cannot connect to camera" message, that's it.

Yep, I did the wipe/reset before installing mods.

Any suggestions? Can provide debug info if needed.

Guest Dazzozo

If this was broken as a result of the unlock and no ROM switch has fixed it, this has happened at a higher level that can't be fixed in the OS. I don't think this is something fixable here.