Still worth £199!?!?!?

Guest peps1

Guest peps1

Need to get a tablet for the mrs, and thought Id get her a advent vega and slap a custom ROM on it.....was more then a little surprised that its still £199 after being on the market over a year!

How dose it stack up Vs new tablets in the same price range like the ARCHOS 80 G9 and BLACKBERRY PlayBook

Guest IanTurner
was more then a little surprised that its still £199 after being on the market over a year!

Er it isn't as you can't buy it any where other than fleabay and prices there are all over the place but generally nowhere near £199.

Either buy a blackberry playbook or wait until prices drop on the more established manufacturers products.

Guest peps1

Er it isn't as you can't buy it any where other than fleabay and prices there are all over the place but generally nowhere near £199.

Either buy a blackberry playbook or wait until prices drop on the more established manufacturers products.

Sorry saw this add from dixons saying its £199, but they dont have it in stock.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/advent_vega-1128-commercial.html

• 1 month later...
Guest GedBlake

VERSUS Touchpad 7 Tablet PC - 8 GB | Dixons |

Could the tablet above be a low end bargain to rival the Vega? At only £80, with Google Play, Iplayer and various other apps pre-loaded, it doesn't look a bad deal to me. I would welcome opinions on it, especially as I already own a Vega. What do you guys think?

Looks OK for 80 quid... though the 4 hours battery life is a bit on the short side...

Still might be worth looking into though, as a more portable alternative to the Vega - a simple browser based tab I can slip into my rucksack.

Nice find, ursulavasey...

GED.

Guest Dave Marchant

I have a Vega, a Playbook and an HP Touchpad. Touchpad was best value (£89) and is now running a pretty stable ICS but as a second choice there isn't much wrong with the Playbook now it can run a selection of Android apps. The stock in the BB App Store is limited, but there is a better selection here - http://goodereader.c...egory/playbook/

Also Playbook has got proper multitasking (I can listen to radio on iPlayer while web browsing or playing a game) but only one Android app at a time.

Edited by Dave Marchant

Guest ursulavasey

Looks OK for 80 quid... though the 4 hours battery life is a bit on the short side...

Still might be worth looking into though, as a more portable alternative to the Vega - a simple browser based tab I can slip into my rucksack.

Nice find, ursulavasey...

GED.

I was thinking along the same lines, Ged, a "mini vega". Single core processor, but still, not bad for the price. My partner and I have ordered one each today. It will probably take a week or so to arrive, with the double bank holiday, but we shall see what happens. Running ICS out of the box, Google Play and various other apps pre-installed. Not a modding project like the Vega, more of an "as is" device. Add a few favourite apps and you are good to go.

Guest IanTurner

you can't buy the kindle fire.

cheap tablets seem to have dubious implementations of android on them so buying two may have been a tad impetuous.

• 1 month later...
Guest TAZMANUK

any one intrested in buying my hardly use advent vega let.me know want 100 for it comes with screen protecto which i pur on soon as i got it.