How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blasphemous

- Download the SuperRecovery zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume DOWN' button pressed to enter the bootloader. The device will stay at the Huawei logo.

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-linux.sh'

- When prompted, put your device in recovery mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery. When recovery has loaded, you are rooted! Select the reboot option using the power button and you're done!

I've carried out steps highlighted above but after double clicking on 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat' the phone is just sitting at the Huawei Logo. How long should it stay like that before I get the last part (Prompt for recovery mode)?

EDIT: I just pulled the battery and tried the next step (turn on with volume up), and it went into recovery. Rebooted and then check root with Root Checker (downloaded from Market), and I now have root access. :D

Now, is there a list of what is and isn't 'Vodafone' crap? I'm in Manage Applications but there's nothing there that says it's 'Vodafone'. There are a few Apps in red that I'm not sure about but I don't want to just start deleting stuff in case it's 'needed' on the phone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest GB-UK

I'm having problems with this aswell. I've got the g300 in bootloader mode and reconnect the USB, I then click on

double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat

But all I get here is waiting for device. I've installed the drivers from the virtual CD, unchecked fastboot and checked USB debugging. I've installed the latest version of hisuite aswell but still get the waiting for device message! any idea where I'm going wrong?

Ok, I have now managed to root the phone in order to get administrative control of the phone i.e. so I can delete pre-installed apps. Anyone wanting to install the latest android os (without waiting for the official relese) will also need to do this first. S

This is what I did (at your own risk)

0- I don’t think this is necessary but can’t rule it out as I did it. Connect phone to a PC and install the drivers on the phone. I think there are two

1- Turn on USB DEBUGGING and uncheck Fast Boot

Go to Settings > Application Settings > Development and check the "USB Debugging" box. Also in application setting uncheck fast boot.

2- download the superrecovery file on to a pc (need software like winrar), once downloaded extract the files in to a folder.

3- Put the phone in bootloader modeSwitch phone off, take battery out, take USB out (if connected) wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Hold the volume down button and press the power buttons, release once Huawei log appears

The Huawei logo should not disappear, if it does you need to do step three again.

This may take several attempts, try holding longer on the volume down button and the power button.

4- Connect your phone to your PC. Now go to the folder where the downloaded file was extracted and double click the ‘install-superrecovery-windows.bat' file.

You should see a black screen, only last a few seconds, says something like ‘waiting for devise’

Phone screen remains the same on logo.

5- Switch phone off by taking battery out, take cable out, wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Now hold the volume up button and press the power button until the blue recovery screen appears. The ‘reboot devise’ should be highlighted, select it by pressing the power button.

6- Complete, phone should be rooted.

I downloaded the app rom toolbox. If it installs and allows you to use the app then your phone has been rooted.

Before downloading clear your cache (setting>application setting). Delete the app and re-install it if it doesn’t work the first time.

The app allows you to take control of the phone i.e. delete unwanted pre-installed app

Thanks to Paul and putbinoot

Guest GB-UK

Sorted! for some reason windows had blocked the phone in while in bootloader mode, unblocked it from device manager and it worked straight away!

Guest The White Sock

Thanks!!

Finally manage to root it!! I've got some drivers issues and I was using the volume down button instead of the up to get in recovery :wacko: , but I'm here rooted like a boss.

Next? ICS :wub:

Guest samjam
- Download the SuperRecovery zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume DOWN' button pressed to enter the bootloader. The device will stay at the Huawei logo.

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-superrecovery-linux.sh'

- When prompted, put your device in recovery mode - turn off the phone, pull the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery. When recovery has loaded, you are rooted! Select the reboot option using the power button and you're done!

You don;t mention when to insert the USB cable, or that this has to be done as root on linux.

I had a very puzzling time there.

I would also add that the adb server does not need to be running.

Guest lobespear

You don;t mention when to insert the USB cable, or that this has to be done as root on linux.

I had a very puzzling time there.

I would also add that the adb server does not need to be running.

so when DO you insert the USB cable? before you launch the "install-superrecovery" program, or does it prompt you while its running?

Guest dreamypuma

Hi can anyone advise on how to root a G300 on B937 using Windows?

I've read through most of this thread and believe I need some software called unlockbootloader.exe

Where can I get this software from, and are there any simple step by step guides describing how to root B926 / B927 / B934?

Thanks in advance

Guest carlos67

Help!

I have accidentally flashed the ics bootloader to my G300 running gingerbread. The phone will not boot up and just flashes the huawei logo on and off continously. If I hold the volume down button and the power button a blank pink screen appears but I dont know what to do now.

Can I reflash a gingerbread bootloader using Odin v1.85 as when I connect the usb to the PC and run Odin, the phone is recognised as yellow com5 port.

Please someone help as I am desperate. Where can I get the gingerbread 2.3.6 bootloader for the g300 so I can attempt to flash it through Odin.

Edit: Paul, can you help me mate? I used to use your Modaco Roms on my old HTC Desire!

Edited by carlos67

Guest droiddruid

You could try flashing clockwork mod the instructions for doing so are in one of the pinned threads on this board. Dunno if it will work though but its something I would try to do if I was faced with the same issue.

If that fails then grab a stock rom from here http://g300.thebronasium.com/huawei/ and put it on your memory card so the path is /dload/update.app. Boot phone holding volume up, volume down and power buttons.

Be warned though doing so will wipe everything on your phone.

Have no experience with Odin nor any idea where you would find a regular 2.3.6 bootloader aside from reflashing a stock rom. Maybe someone with more know how will pitch in to clarify this side of things.

Be aware it its usual for an update.app to fail if you try to flash an older rom than what was already installed so if one fails then certainly try another.

Good luck.

Edited by droiddruid

Guest deadmedic24

hi to paul and to every one using this forum.. i know my question is really far from the topic but i hope some one could help me.. i own a huawei ascend y200 and im trying to look for forums on how to root my device, i recently found one but unfortunately, it's in german language.. so why am i here? its because i felt like the huawei g300 and the huawei y200 are real siblings.. all features are the same except for screensize, processor and internal memory.. so the BIG question is, does paul's root process work on my phone?? i dont want to brick my phone but i really want to root it.. thanks in advance..

Guest carlos67

Thanks to DroidDruid above.

After a long night of trying different things, I got a blank SD card and copied the DLoad and vendor folder to the SD Card from the B927 UK Rom. I then pressed both vol keys and power button and the firmware update started and thankfully completed.

Big sigh of relief here. Thought I had bricked it.

Have since gone on to install the B934 Rom and all is fine. Just curious as to why there are no notification toggles in the status pulldown bar. I thought these were stock in ICS????? Is there a zip I can flash to get the status bar toggles?

Thanks again for taking the time DroidDruid.

Guest droiddruid

As far as I'm aware the notification toggles get installed if you apply the vendor update. Not sure where or if its even available without OTA update.

There are plenty of alternatives on the market. Notification Toggles and Power Controls are two such capable alternatives or the Infusion rom contains a nice Notification Toggle mod.

Glad you got up and running again.

Hi Android noob here. I've read all of the posts yet am still having problems rooting.

I've enabled debugging mode, disabled quick boot, installed hisuite for the drivers yet when I connect it in bootloader mode nothing happens. Everything comes up ok on my Windows 7 system when in normal mode.

When in bootloader mode and connecting through hi suite it says 'the device does not support hisuite mood or enable usb debugging', despite that being checked on the phone. Does anyone know what is up?

Guest nobbiekris

OK, so when i hold power + down volume, it stays at huawei logo, i then plug my usb in and open the folder and run the bat file, it just says waiting for device but outdoes do anything, im sure its not picking up my phone... please help me...

Also I am running official Android 4.0.3 stock.

G300