Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest Davidoff59

BAND2 gain

BAND2 gain does essentially what it says on

the tin, increases the gain/volume.

REMEMBER!!! we're working in hex here, so

the lowest is '0' and the highest is '0F'. I

know in normal Hex 'FFFF' would be the

maximum but with these files '10' loops

round to be '0' again.

for those who don't know much about hex it

goes:

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F and

then 10. but 10 loops back to 0's volume so

0F is as loud as you can go, and in

comparison to V3, which is only on 0B, thats

pretty damn loud. I wouldn't suggest doing

this.

Guest osrix25

BAND2 gain

BAND2 gain does essentially what it says on

the tin, increases the gain/volume.

REMEMBER!!! we're working in hex here, so

the lowest is '0' and the highest is '0F'. I

know in normal Hex 'FFFF' would be the

maximum but with these files '10' loops

round to be '0' again.

for those who don't know much about hex it

goes:

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F and

then 10. but 10 loops back to 0's volume so

0F is as loud as you can go, and in

comparison to V3, which is only on 0B, thats

pretty damn loud. I wouldn't suggest doing

this.

So which line to edit? Can you explain a little more?

By V3 I'm guessing you are talking about V3_loudest from the xda thread for the G1? Have you tried it?

EDIT

I tried the AudioFilter file from V3 but no change, does this mean its using one of the others? I would've thought there would be some change even no sound if the file is totally wrong. its written differently inside.

so I guess back to my original question which line to edit in orininal .csv ?

Edited by osrix25

Guest Davidoff59

Apologies, typing on phone. I wanted to restart discussion on our sound issue. There appears to be some good information on that link that I posted. While those files probably wont work as its for a different phone, the information itself may help us.

Guest tilal6991

Audiofilter files are portable so its worth trying random ones to see if they make a difference. Although knowing huawei I suspect a deeper problem originating in libaudio.so.

Guest Davidoff59

In the meantime, there is an app called Equalizer on the market which helps with the external speaker sound. Play a mp3 and adjust the settings.

Guest Davidoff59

Audio files will need pushing in adb correct? I pasted one in earlier with no change. Actually, with the file taken out altogether, the external speaker still works with mp3's which is all I tested it with.

Guest osrix25

Audio files will need pushing in adb correct? I pasted one in earlier with no change. Actually, with the file taken out altogether, the external speaker still works with mp3's which is all I tested it with.

You can push or, copy and paste with root and reboot just takes longer. I tried some different files but to no benefit. I think the above poster is probably right in that its deeper in there somewhere

Guest FlatPackPete

Audiofilter files are portable so its worth trying random ones to see if they make a difference. Although knowing huawei I suspect a deeper problem originating in libaudio.so.

Does anyone know of another phone that used the MSM7227a chip as we could nick their libaudio.so file and see if that works....

... just a thought.

Guest dbaseii

I Have a Huawei U8160 which seems to have the MSM7227a chip. Not sure how to extract the libaudio.so file though. I could put up the file if some gives me instructions on the extraction

Guest Frankish

Use root explorer and just browse to the lib folder and copy it. Then browse to sdcard and paste it. Then just upload it here! Not sure it will help but worth a try.

Guest KasioPC

Does anyone know of another phone that used the MSM7227a chip as we could nick their libaudio.so file and see if that works....

... just a thought.

Tried with the libaudio.so file from the Galaxy S Mini 2 - which looks to have the same chipset. Result is a non-booting phone :P

EDIT: After copying back the libaudio.so file I backed up beforehand via CWM adb, it's stuck on the Huawei logo. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get it booting again?

EDIT: Stupid me forgot to reset permissions :)

Edited by KasioPC

Guest KasioPC

Try the Motorola one or just the stock QAEP one from the right build

There are no ROMs I could find for the Motorola (either model), and QAEP does not support it.

Guest kradcliffe

Or they just did what most online blogs do and just copied someone else's review.

To be honest most of these reviews are crap and they never reflect real world use of the phone for any length of time.

Keith

Guest feckineejit

Huawei told me on facebook " We expect a fix to be available within the next fortnight. Once we have precise timings and availability we will let you know. Thank you for bearing with us, we're hoping to have an update for you as soon as possible!" but i'll not hold my breathe waiting for it.

Guest Simon O

Or they just did what most online blogs do and just copied someone else's review.

To be honest most of these reviews are crap and they never reflect real world use of the phone for any length of time.

Keith

The most likely reason is that the issue isn't widespread. Not everyone that has the G300 is reporting issues with the volume but obviously enough have informed Huawei for them to work on a fix. When I tested a G300 in a Vodafone store I did not notice any issue with the external speaker volume - and I'm partially deaf.

So I wonder why are some devices are OK but the majority have issues with the volume levels?

Guest Frankish

The speaker volume for me is stupidly low by my phone spends its life on vibrate. It's been ok for two weeks but today my alarm failed to wake me up for work for the first time. That's only once it hasn't woke me up out of about 12 alarms but today was an important day. Consider me finally annoyed with the speaker volume!