[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

C3C0, that is what I normally do, but the differences are not always easily noticeable (this does not mean it is not exists). If they are subtle may not be visible on a quick glance, but neither is it like to relinquish them.

I will not be heavy, but for example: i cannot find many references to the overclocking of the AXI and AHB bus... someone could explain it briefly? It has eliminated all traces of debugging? You should expect a better autonomy (battery)?

I know that C3C0 does not need to know all the answers, since, although he knows to fund the S3, does not need to know with the same detail the kernel of IceArmor, why I ask also to people who have used both and having an opinion founded and formed thereon.

Thanks again and apologies for my poor english (made in Babylon :-) )

Briefly.

This one should score 100 more points in Antutu than original Ice armor kernel and also have better battery life.

The main reaosn of update is a support for models with newer touchscreens and light/prox sensors

Edited by C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

Also there is 1 more feature that you could add to the List Ceco

The feature is that S2 Kernel once flashed in a Branded Stock ROM , it actually replaces the Boot Logo (Orange) to the stock one ,

so by this time that pesky logo is gone once the S2 Kernel is flashed on the Skate

Guest Michaelwave

Tested latest kernel on CFX2 16/09 build, and I noticed that the processor speed is always stuck on max frequency no matter which governor I choose. Is anyone facing this issue too?

EDIT: Problem solved! After going into deep sleep, the frequency is fluctuating again.

Edited by Michaelwave

• 2 weeks later...

Kernels updated

Changelog 21/10/2012

- CPU Governors revised

--- fixed Lagfree not scaling below 480MHz

--- fixed conservative stuck at max. frequency

--- fixed SavagedZen not ramping higher than 480MHz

--- ondemand parameters changed to match those ZTE is using in stock ROMs

--- new governor: SmartassH3 - based on SmartassV2 with parameters tuned by H3ROS (thanks) -

more efficient frequency scaling - not ramping too high when not needed this could potentially

result in better battery life

- added compatibility hack for some newer TRULY replacement LCDs

- default governor set to SmartassH3 with default min. frequency 122MHz

Guest plegdroid
Kernels updated

Changelog 21/10/2012

- CPU Governors revised

--- fixed Lagfree not scaling below 480MHz

--- fixed conservative stuck at max. frequency

--- fixed SavagedZen not ramping higher than 480MHz

--- ondemand parameters changed to match those ZTE is using in stock ROMs

--- new governor: SmartassH3 - based on SmartassV2 with parameters tuned by H3ROS (thanks) -

more efficient frequency scaling - not ramping too high when not needed this could potentially

result in better battery life

- added compatibility hack for some newer TRULY replacement LCDs

- default governor set to SmartassH3 with default min. frequency 122MHz

Thank you, S4 working a treat with the truly display. :)

additional, can verify s3 ics kernel also working with the truly display. :)

Edited by plegdroid

• 2 weeks later...

Having problems with proximity sensor with newest kernerls, flashed the new build of CM7.2 proximity sensor doesn't work, flashed proxy_update2.zip (it always worked for me) but nothing, flashed proxy_update.zip but nothing too, any ideas?