[ROM] Onyx (CM7; updated 2012 04 22)

Guest twrock

Guest desalesouche

i can see in apk that libs have number 86 and in my system lib after installing update of quickpic that the lib have number 82...

Guest twrock

@ twrock. hi.could you make update of that rom?

saw that there are update for quick pic...and for buxybox.

what do you think about replacing spare parts with spare parts + which is more recent...?

:blush: i know i should be able to do it by myself with all your last explanation about that.

i tried with quickpic but i had a kind of problem with system/bin and system/xbin... with number 72 error

in the last quick pic the libs are under armeabi/libs/ and the second lib under x86 do i have to take both? thx

I don't understand your "72 error". I don't know why anything is changing with /bin or /xbin. Updating QuickPic should have nothing to do with /bin or /xbin. So I don't get it.

Sorry if what I write below is everything you already know, but I'm not sure what you understand and what you don't.

You want the lib file from /lib/armeabi, not /x86. You need to keep the QuickPic.apk as it is. Don't change anything with the apk itself. Just extract a copy of the lib file. Delete the previous version of QuickPic.apk from the rom you are updating and replace it with the new version. You can rename QuickPic.apk (but no spaces).

When you put that lib file (libqpicjni86.so) into /system/lib of the rom you are trying to update, you should also delete the previous lib file (libqpicjni82.so) because it is just taking up space. You can't rename the lib file, because the app must access it.

Unfortunately it will probably be some time before I will do more work on this rom (or any other). And, as you know from what I said when I modified this rom originally, I'm not highly motivated to work further on this particular one. I prefer Styx, because it is quicker and has better battery life (at least for me in my "real life" use). I don't use it, and I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

However, if it is only a few apps that you want to update, using Titanium Backup Pro it is very easy to do so. You only need to install the update from the Market, and then "integrate" that update into the rom using Titanium. The previous version will be gone, and the new version will survive a complete wipe. Titanium will take care or the necessary lib file as well.

Good luck.

Guest twrock

i can see in apk that libs have number 86 and in my system lib after installing update of quickpic that the lib have number 82...

Again, I'm not even sure what you mean by "after installing update". There are many ways to "install" an updated app. Install from the Market? Install by deleting the previous version in a rom.zip and putting the new version into the rom.zip before installing the rom via Recovery? Install by pushing it into an installed rom with adb? Install by creating a specific installation zip file and using Recovery? I understand you want to end up with the updated app, but I don't know what method you are trying to use to do it.

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

Again, I'm not even sure what you mean by "after installing update". There are many ways to "install" an updated app. Install from the Market? Install by deleting the previous version in a rom.zip and putting the new version into the rom.zip before installing the rom via Recovery? Install by pushing it into an installed rom with adb? Install by creating a specific installation zip file and using Recovery? I understand you want to end up with the updated app, but I don't know what method you are trying to use to do it.

i tried one way for now: replacing app in system app and replacing lib in system/lib in your zip of last update.and when i flash rom via cwm i had the error installation avorted.

my guess is that i might have done bad step while extracting the lib from apk.... can't check that now

Guest doc_relax

Hi everybody,

I´m using this ROM for a few days now and I like it. Especially the ability to set CPU speed is great. I have 2 questions though:

1) Is it possible to get another key layout in that Touchpal keyboard? I tried to install the german language pack via market, but it wasn´t recongnised. (*)

2) I have very heavy battery drain. Battery is new an it lasts about 10 hours. At about 9% power left, the phone turns off (dead). Has anyone tips besides turning off 3G, Wifi and screen brightness?

Greetings from Cologne/Germany

(*) edit: twrock gave me the solution for that: it´s an old version of the touchpal keyboard, so you have to get language packs from somewhere else rather than the market.

Edited by doc_relax

• 1 month later...
Guest twrock

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is currently working/not working in this rom? :ph34r:

First have a look at the first post in the section that talks about known bugs. Other than that, I personally think the battery is used too fast in this rom for my liking. Others will need to chime in if there are more known problems. I don't use this rom, so I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alkawther60

this version is very good :Onyx-fast with beats audio improvements

but the cam in video record mod dont work

any resolve for this proplem

and how can i change the kernel version without change the rom ?

• 2 months later...

Can you post any screenshot from this ROM? Thank you

This rom uses the standard CyanogenMod 7 "look and feel". It uses ADW Launcher and can be themed in Settings. So just look for CM7 screenshots and you will be seeing basically what you can do with this rom.

Guest agus7smth

I've come across a strange problem with both Onyx and Styx, in that the screen won't respond to touches. This does not occur with Tom G's CM6.1. IT also doesn't occur with the .29 Styx. Is there anyway to make the touch screen work?? :ph34r:

Guest desalesouche

hi all i am going to upload a personal version of onyx with some tweaks and XLOUD+BEATS_AUDIO+ dolby srs integrated ....i will add also a better( i hope) touchscreen sensitivity and better keyboard reactivity...and some more...

edit:testing it once again

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

http://www.mediafire...qqw1feg939fnj9d

here my last mod...of cm7 with huge and great sound...try it.use adw ex instead this one set it to fast...lock it in memory.

will give credits and more explanation soon as i am tired and i have to travel tomorrow for a few days....enjoy it...great sound/better touchscreen sensitivity.and better speed typing.....zipaligned...darcky zipalign feed back please ...if it worth i will open a thread... good flash and good nite all...

edit /replace in system/xbin/openvpn from original rom by twrock...

Edited by desalesouche

• 1 month later...
Guest desalesouche

hi all again...lol , less and less people on that forum...

so, just wanted to present you another onyx revisited.../updated and tweaked... this one is fast and smooth....i don't really know about battery but i think i managed to get it working almost 2 days...( have to check this again...) added adrenaline tweak( boost/tm/ some part ofadrenaline engine) https://sites.google...enalinexda/home

what else...a file manager kind of root explorer...

i add androbot 0.1 tweak... by Rio (only this one) :brightness tweak - this will enable the lowest brightness of your device from 100% to 10% i think.. because the normal is until 20% only. so it should use less battery.( if you're on minimum)

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1993362

i add also fuss132 - Touchscreen Sensitivity Mod

uncap fps tweak... and i am looking for some more....here's the link of that rom http://www.mediafire...ssqszcjo2dpyrne

boot.img by destructor...my lost friend....

How to Use Boost?

1) Open terminal emulator

2) Type :

Code:

su

boost

it will free ram...

How To Activate task manager?

1) Open terminal emulator

2) Type :

Code:

su

tm

3/ enter the number of application you want to kill...then enter....

enjoy....

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

I'll download it and give it a try when I have some free time. Glad to see someone is still working on roms for the U8220/Pulse

hi.thx for testing when you will have some spare time...may i ask if you're able to make that boot.img from destructor support undervolting?

hi.thx for testing when you will have some spare time...may i ask if you're able to make that boot.img from destructor support undervolting?

Not me. I don't have that level of skill. I know how to preset the default speed, but stuff like undervolting is way out of my league.

Guest desalesouche

Not me. I don't have that level of skill. I know how to preset the default speed, but stuff like undervolting is way out of my league.

little tweak to set io schedulers without using an app....so it saves space and ram....

This is to set io scheduler copy this in a file save give it a name(iosched by eg.) and push it in system/etc/init.d give permission and reboot...(but you know already that :)):

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox echo "sio" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

you can change sio for the io scheduler you want....this has been provided by xda but rio dev on samsung galaxy y thread gave me the proper working command..

Edited by desalesouche

little tweak to set io schedulers without using an app....so it saves space and ram....

This is to set io scheduler copy this in a file save give it a name(iosched by eg.) and push it in system/etc/init.d give permission and reboot...(but you know already that :)):

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox echo "sio" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

you can change sio for the io scheduler you want....this has been provided by xda but rio dev on samsung galaxy y thread gave me the proper working command..

Seriously, I kid you not, I don't know what that means. I don't know how that relates to undervolting.

I was not kidding anyone these last two years when I told you all I was not a programmer. :) I've had to learn everything I know very slowly, and spend a lot of time trying to understand the "lingo".

Guest desalesouche

Seriously, I kid you not, I don't know what that means. I don't know how that relates to undervolting.

I was not kidding anyone these last two years when I told you all I was not a programmer. :) I've had to learn everything I know very slowly, and spend a lot of time trying to understand the "lingo".

this init.d script is for setting io schedulers. we can set the cpu spedd(overclock it or underclock it---528 mhz to 748) after that we can set governors(ondemand -intercative-etc...) but in cm7 we can not set the io schedulers.. to do that we have to use setcpu or similar....so this init.d script is setting the io scheduler you want...(noop/anticipatory-deadline-cfq-sio-vr)...so this avoid to use setcpu or similar...=so space saved and ram saved

there is also one init.d script in androbot-tweak on samsung galaxy y xda thread that directly set oc/governors/io scheduler...for those who can't do that by system setting....

to change setting , by eg, just change sio for cfq or another scheduler.....

this script is not related to undervolting...sorry for confusing you... :)

this init.d script is for setting io schedulers. we can set the cpu spedd(overclock it or underclock it---528 mhz to 748) after that we can set governors(ondemand -intercative-etc...) but in cm7 we can not set the io schedulers.. to do that we have to use setcpu or similar....so this init.d script is setting the io scheduler you want...(noop/anticipatory-deadline-cfq-sio-vr)...so this avoid to use setcpu or similar...=so space saved and ram saved

there is also one init.d script in androbot-tweak on samsung galaxy y xda thread that directly set oc/governors/io scheduler...for those who can't do that by system setting....

to change setting , by eg, just change sio for cfq or another scheduler.....

this script is not related to undervolting...sorry for confusing you... :)

Ok, I understand "some" of that. However, I don't understand the problem with using SetCPU for that. Once SetCPU has made the system adjustments, does it really keep running, taking up ram? I don't know why it would. I had thought it was just changing those setting and that was it. Then the app would be dumped from memory when something else was loaded. How sure are you that SetCPU stays in ram after it is done changing the settings?

I lot of those settings are in the ramdisk of the boot.img. I can't remember which ones are or aren't there, but I know that the min, max, up threshold, sampling rate, and a few other things can be set there. I have done all of that in the past on some of my own modified boot.img's. So I think that yes, you can do exactly the same thing with the proper script. But how to write those scripts is something I don't know how to do. But, I believe you can only get the settings you want if the kernel has been set up to allow it. I can't, and I have no intention of learning how to, compile the kernel.

But that is what I thought SetCPU was doing as well. I thought it was just a nice front-end to achieve the same thing with an app that you could have set in the boot.img or by some script.

Edit: I think you can experiment by setting SetCPU, and then loading a bunch of huge apps and seeing if it is dumped from memory.

Edit #2: I tested this myself. I only set the CPU frequency (speed) with SetCPU. It did not stay resident in memory. However, I don't know what would happen if you set up a bunch of profiles.

Edited by twrock

Guest pedrojaime

Very nice! A couple of FCs on first startup but that's to be expected, will test it some more and give you some feedback. Great work! Thanks a lot for your efforts. It certainly does seem very smooth so far after initial boot. I listen to music in the car a lot with line-out to AUX in car stereo so will be interesting to see how the sound compares..

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest desalesouche

Very nice! A couple of FCs on first startup but that's to be expected, will test it some more and give you some feedback. Great work! Thanks a lot for your efforts. It certainly does seem very smooth so far after initial boot. I listen to music in the car a lot with line-out to AUX in car stereo so will be interesting to see how the sound compares..

hi. hope you will appreciate...

Guest ashok2621

hi. hope you will appreciate...

Hi

I did use this rom but now my market is not working at all. It crashes everytime. I tried clearing the system cache, dalvik cache etc etc but no luck.

Other than that, this is very fast and smooth. Can anyone help me sort out this market issue. I tried many apk version but everytime no luck.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

ashok