Phone memory full, cannot add any more Apps

Guest mountainstar

Guest mountainstar

I have around 36 Apps on my phone, if I add any more I keep getting that annoying message saying "my memory is full"

I have deleted some of the original Orange Apps to make more room (Who wants to be a millionaire etc)

Is there a way of adding more?....By transferring some of them to the Sim Card?

If I connect my phone to the PC and look at it in My computer, I cannot see the internal phone memory to do this.

Non tech answers please, or I'll only have to ask questions for the dummies guide :angry::blink::(

Guest mountainstar

All the apps i can find to do this (Apps 2SD) are not compatible with my phone...Mine is Android 2.1 update 1.

The only one I could Install is called "Uninstaller + App2SD", but it did not seem to be able to transfer Apps to SD, only uninstall Apps

Guest mountainstar

Just found one called "Link 2SD" and have managed to installed it.

Again it does not give an option to sent to SD, only Actions are..

Launch/Manage/Reinstall/Uninstall/Freeze/Convert to system app//Clear data//Clear catch/View on Google play.

Edit. If I long press on any app in the list of this App, As one option I get Create link, I then tap that and get...

Second partition not found.

and...Make sure you have two partitions on your SD card and both are primary.

I have no idea what that means...HELP :o

Edited by mountainstar

Guest marek989

Download ROM Manager, tap partition sd card, choose your sizes... BUT... make shure to backup your SD, cuz it will erase everythining on SD

Guest mountainstar

Follow this guide for Link2SD

Pity there isn't a guide like this for the San Francisco.

Thanks for that anyway, I will have a go when I have plenty of time....and courage!

Guest BadMan PimpY

I have around 36 Apps on my phone, if I add any more I keep getting that annoying message saying "my memory is full"

I have deleted some of the original Orange Apps to make more room (Who wants to be a millionaire etc)

Is there a way of adding more?....By transferring some of them to the Sim Card?

If I connect my phone to the PC and look at it in My computer, I cannot see the internal phone memory to do this.

Non tech answers please, or I'll only have to ask questions for the dummies guide :angry::blink::(

1 No you cant move them to the sim card

2 No you can not see your internal phone memory when connect to the computer

3 Do you have a SD card installed........take the back off and have a look.....:mellow:

4 You are going to need Tech answers....:rolleyes:

Guest mountainstar
1 No you cant move them to the sim card
Eh???

The others say I can :blink:

4 You are going to need Tech answers....:rolleyes:

Yeh, I know, but for dummies ;)

Guest BadMan PimpY

Eh???

The others say I can :blink:

Yeh, I know, but for dummies ;)

1 You can not move apps to the sim card, re-read your first post. You can move apps to a SD card

2 Do you know the differance between an SD card and a Sim card.......???????

3 Do you have a SD card installed...??????.....take the back off and have a look.....:mellow:

4 I think you are confusing a sim card and a sd card...:blink:

5 Does the back of your phone look like photo below?

For Dummies

14122010003-1024x575.jpg

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest MadeInBeats

I've just done this but now I'm wondering: does it change anything when doing Titanium Bkup; installing new ROMs ect? or do you just do the same procedures as before when I had ex2 partition?

Guest mountainstar

Tried to install ROM Manager (Free) (by ClockworkMod) But got the message "The requested item could not be found"

Any other idea's please?

Guest BadMan PimpY

Tried to install ROM Manager (Free) (by ClockworkMod) But got the message "The requested item could not be found"

Any other idea's please?

1 Do you have a SD card installed......?

2 How did you try to install ROM Manager..ie( from the play store, from your computer)...Tell us the process you went through...?

3 Why are you installing ROM Manager....?

Guest mountainstar

2 How did you try to install ROM Manager..ie( from the play store, from your computer)...Tell us the process you went through...?

Just tried installing it again...and it worked this time...so will try what has been suggested now

Guest mountainstar

still I have problems :(

I have installed ROM manager, if I try to Partition SD card, I get the message "you must have ClockworMod Recovery installed b4 continuing! Install the recovery through ROM manager 1st"

I scroll back up to the top option "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, select that and pick ZTE Blade, it downloads Rom Manager V4.5.0.1, but when it gets to the end of download it says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

And I do not know how to root my phone if I have to as well.

I feel I want to give up :angry::blink:

Guest Yuccaman

Ok, well to start with, by remaining on Android 2.1, you cannot use the Google written Apps2SD feature, which allows you to move portions of Apps to your SD Card providing the author of the app will allow it.....

I've never used Link2SD, so cannot comment on that.

What you *could* do is visit this thread:

Find the section in the first post as follows:

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions internal storage (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Swedish Snow RLS7

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

And download the file and follow the instructions in the first post to install it....

This will update your phone to Android 2.3 which will enable you to use the Apps2SD feature, but more than that, it will re-partition the internal storage on your phone to allow you to get more apps on the phones memory, even if you don't use the Apps2SD feature.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Applying a TPT will WIPE your phone completely, so if you have data you need to preserve, you must find some way of copying it / backing it up BEFORE you apply this...

I have not applied this particular tpt file myself (as I had updated my blade before this particular ROM came out).

If you are unsure or want further assistance, a post in the Swedish Spring ROM Thread should get you help from people that have used that TPT file and the ROM itself....

Guest BadMan PimpY

still I have problems :(

I have installed ROM manager, if I try to Partition SD card, I get the message "you must have ClockworMod Recovery installed b4 continuing! Install the recovery through ROM manager 1st"

I scroll back up to the top option "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, select that and pick ZTE Blade, it downloads Rom Manager V4.5.0.1, but when it gets to the end of download it says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

And I do not know how to root my phone if I have to as well.

I feel I want to give up :angry::blink:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1940954

I asked you some questions in the above post and you chose not to answer, its hard for anyone to help you when you dont respond.

What are you trying to do?

What result do you want ?

Guest mountainstar

http://android.modac...ost__p__1940954

I asked you some questions in the above post and you chose not to answer, its hard for anyone to help you when you dont respond.

What are you trying to do?

What result do you want ?

Look at name of thread! and rest of answers to it:rolleyes: I can do big writing as well :D

But to be clear being as you are asking...

1 And yes I have an SD card

2 from App markets etc onto phone

3 because I was told to in the thread