LED notification and gingerbread

Guest dino-double-g

Guest dino-double-g

Hey modaco-readers,

I really like the Acer Liquid MT because almost everything is working fine on rooted Stock ROM,

but since I updated to Gingerbread 2.3.6 unfortunately the notification LEDs doesn't light up for incoming whatsapp- (and other messaging app-) messages :(.

I loved the LED notification!

Please Modaco-Community help me and other Acer Liquid MT-Users to find a way how to re-add that feature back again. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

dino-double-g

It may kernel related, but you'r using the acer ones, not technolovers - right.

I can confirm this issue (rooted stock 2.3.6, technolovers kernel) on the new (1.9.0) Facebook app.

But Gingerbread dialer (ya, I missed a call wilfully) and Messengering App are working.

Guest atoyota

It may kernel related, but you'r using the acer ones, not technolovers - right.

I've got this issue with both kernels (now I'm using the technolover's one). Refering to the sms led, it works only with stock sms app, if you try any other app (sms apps, chat apps, etc...) it won't work.

I've tried to follow the guide in this post:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/347153-led-notification-light-problem/

But it doesn't work very well for me (sometimes led doesn't start blinking, or it starts only when display is on).

it works only with stock sms app, if you try any other app (sms apps, chat apps, etc...) it won't work.

yes, thats what I meant 3rd-party messaging-apps wont work - what about gmail?

lets hope for cyanogenmod 9 and ics :mellow:

Guest atoyota

what about gmail?

lets hope for cyanogenmod 9 and ics :mellow:

I don't know about gmail unfortunately, because since I've been using performance ROM I don't receive mail notifications (I think there's a bug involving the synchronization with Google)..:(

Have you tried the guide on the post I've quoted?Maybe you are luckier than me..:)

Guest Pinguy

I don't know about gmail unfortunately, because since I've been using performance ROM I don't receive mail notifications (I think there's a bug involving the synchronization with Google)..:(

Have you tried the guide on the post I've quoted?Maybe you are luckier than me..:)

Gmail notifications work so does sms. Its only 3rd party apps like Go SMS Pro that don't work with it. I tried using the script posted but its just not that good. It works but the led for the message stays on even after you read the message.

No, I my LED-problems are not that important, that I would use a app to solve this. It should work out of the box! :)