Removing the phone

Guest artesea

Guest artesea

Tempted to pick one of these up as an Android "Touch" device to have around the house, but I need to ensure that no calls could be made.

Whilst a dead SIM and flight mode should help, in the past I've found this can still leave you with Emergency Calls, and I'm not too keen on my daughter calling that.

Once rooted is there anything which could be deleted or frozen to stop calls without causing a bootloop?

Guest Davidoff59

Removing the dialler files should do it, no dialler, no calls. Its too good a phone for that though. what is a touch device used for?

Actually on reviewing your question, I'm not sure. I have heard of people keeping Market functionality and using the phone as a media player only. This way they could still download stuff.

This may help

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/disable-radio-and-use-wi-fi-on-any-android-device-without-airplane-mode/

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest artesea

It would be Wifi only. Used for web browsing, playing mp3s and mp4s (possibly xvid/divx), youtube and games.

As my young daughter would be allowed to handled it (rather this than the GS2 and iPhone4) just need to make sure 999 can't be called.

Samsung sell a phoneless Galaxy, but I could get the G300 for a lot less.