[ROM] CorvusReborn for Vega andother harmony based tablets

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

Hi people.

I was out for some time but i come back.

This is CorvusReborn for vega.

Features:

Android 4.0.4

All HW working (but BT, 3G and GPS not working/tested in this version)

Gapps

This is a beta version, used as a base for future releases, so this version is in nvflash format. You know how to install it, if not search in this forum. Next versions will be in CWM format over this version.

For ROM cookers this is a clean version, only gapps is added and some tweaks for show the correct dpi.

How to install and make gapps work:

1) This is the only way that it will work by now and if it fails for you you are doing something wrong. Reflash and follow the steps wirh care.

2) Flash the Rom

3) Boot

4) When booted, configure wifi (in settings) and open calendar. It will ask you for you google account.

5) Config google account and it will give you a error (Google Account Manager has close). Press home and shutdown the tablet.

6) Reboot the tablet (now you will get a colorfull wallpaper) and open Gmail. The mail is in sync, so you can open the market. It will ask you for some permissions to access... accept all.

Like i said this is tested and it works... but if you dont follow this steps, and want to try another method, if market fails you can try to delete data (in settings, apps, all, google play, delete data) and cross your fingers.

If you like that wifi come back ok after resume, go to settings, wireless, press the up-right button, select advanced and change the way that wifi suspend to never, so this way you will not have wifi when suspended, but when resume your wifi will work.

Link: CorvusReborn

Thanks to all the work done by Ejtagle, Cass, Scanno, brucelee, Areo and all the other people i forgot.

Possibly all the questions you have are answered in this forum, so do a search. If not write some words here, but i will only reply to people that really spent some time searching for help (in this forum or google). So no reply to questions as: How to install? Will this work?... etc. If i get tired of read the same questions over an over again i will post less and less... you may think i am unpolite, but i am a man with little time and i prefer spend it working in roms...

Next updates will be in http://corvusmod.wordpress.com

Corvus.

Edited by the_corvus

Guest ursulavasey

Thank you team, I am downloading this rom now. I will install it on my Vega, following the instructions to the letter. The absence of 3g is not as issue, as the Vega is wi-fi only, and I don't use Bluetooth and GPS, so they won't be missed by me. I will feed back my findings once I am up and running.

Guest ursulavasey

not working as it isnt a zip file its 2 folders with files in that wont flash ,any one else have same problem ?

Assuming you have unzipped the rom, you have to use NVFlash to install the rom. You have to double click on the lvds.bat file, and the rom will install and run. After that, follow the instructions in the main thread, to the letter, otherwise the rom will not work.

Guest ptbw

Fantastic news and good to "see" you back. I haven't been on MoDaCo recently either.

I have been running Corvus5 for nearly a year and its been rock solid, so thank you very much.

So I thought I would flash your latest. I have to say its quick and very usable.

However I was seeing the issue with Google Play. As soon as I got an app downloading it force closed and kept closing until I cleared the data and started again. The download thread was throwing a security exception.

Installing from other sources was not a problem.

The Play apk closing appears to be because the Vending.apk is "installed" rather than present in the /system/app directory. I uninstalled the apk and pushed it to where is should be and my "market" is now working.

Only one of the three advanced wifi options for "Keep WiFi on during sleep" appears to work as it should, the wireless appears to sleep and not recover no matter which option is selected.

I will keep trying it and see what else I can find.

Cheers

Phil

Guest ptbw

It appears that "blade wifi fix" from the market, solves the sleeping wifi issue.

Only slight niggle is the sound on the keyboard click some times misses, setting the cpu scaling to ondemand works well as well.

Hope this helps someone.