[ROM] VegaCream for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra

Guest Scanno

Guest elf69

OK so with viewcomb opened CWM and cleared all caches and then flashed with beta 3.

OI file manger CAN see and mount my flash drive!

however my wifi keyboard and mouse still NOT working :(

the usb adaptor is powered as red light on but nothing happens when keys pressed.

will try astro again as I prefer it to OI manager.

Still if anyone has ideas about the keyboard I like to use it again as I use my tab as media PC with my 32" TV.

Guest Scanno
OK so with viewcomb opened CWM and cleared all caches and then flashed with beta 3.

OI file manger CAN see and mount my flash drive!

however my wifi keyboard and mouse still NOT working :(

the usb adaptor is powered as red light on but nothing happens when keys pressed.

will try astro again as I prefer it to OI manager.

Still if anyone has ideas about the keyboard I like to use it again as I use my tab as media PC with my 32" TV.

On which rom did your keyboard work?

Guest elf69

My keyboard used to work with viewcomb until I did the upgrade to the beta 3.

Wired USB keyboard DOES work!

Now after a reboot even OI cannot see the flash drive.

Do you think my nand storage is corrupt and thats causing the issue?

if I try to open the storage in settings "settings has stopped working" is my error :(

Edited by elf69

Guest Daedric1383

Been running B4.1 with LP1 kernel (0706-1). Stable so far, although there's some quircks with wifi.

Also, there must be a problem with Android, @120DPI i cannot delete apn's.

Guest Oldbarzo

Been running B4.1 with LP1 kernel (0706-1). Stable so far, although there's some quircks with wifi.

Also, there must be a problem with Android, @120DPI i cannot delete apn's.

Hi Daedric

I run B4.1 (0706-1) at 160dpi and I have no problems with either Wifi or apns. Don't know

if it is the 160 or my particular Vega but I always had major problems when I ran any

of the Vegacream Roms at 120. It was the same with the Beta ICS roms from Cass if I switched to 120dpi.

Stransky

Guest Daedric1383

Hi Daedric

I run B4.1 (0706-1) at 160dpi and I have no problems with either Wifi or apns. Don't know

if it is the 160 or my particular Vega but I always had major problems when I ran any

of the Vegacream Roms at 120. It was the same with the Beta ICS roms from Cass if I switched to 120dpi.

Stransky

It's quite simple actually! :D @120DPI, there isn't even a option to delete. Just add or restore defaults.

Guest MichaelMX5

Hi to everyone,

i have installed Beta 3. Is there someone out there who has compiled a cifs.ko-Module? Or is there a possibility to get cifs-Support for this rom?

Bye

Michael

Guest Scanno

Hi to everyone,

i have installed Beta 3. Is there someone out there who has compiled a cifs.ko-Module? Or is there a possibility to get cifs-Support for this rom?

Bye

Michael

Cifs support is build into the kernel. You do not need a separate cifs.ko module..

Guest MichaelMX5

Hi Scanno,

mhm. Cifs Manager say everytime i want to connect to my computer. "Invalid Argument" :(

Which Cifs-Manager are you using?

Bye & Thanks

Michael

Guest sonofveritas

Hi,

Have installed Vegacream RC1 (great work by the way), also got Adobe Flash installed but when I try to install the new BBC Olympics app I get the following message : Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Does anyone know why as it says Android 2.2 + or is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Guest Scanno
Hi,

Have installed Vegacream RC1 (great work by the way), also got Adobe Flash installed but when I try to install the new BBC Olympics app I get the following message : Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Thanks.

From what I can see, also honeyice is not able to install that app.

Guest richardmlea

Hi,

Thanks.

It could be the DPI that's causing the incompatibility problem. It is made for phones remember.

Here's the APK http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28707109#post28707109

It works but looks a bit wrong on a big screen, its a bit better in portrait.

There only seems to be one video on there to test and echhh! terrible blocky, low def. picture, even on my HTC sensation, I just tested it on an iphone and the video quality is mush better.

Flash sucks.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest sonofveritas

Thanks Scanno for looking.

Thanks Richard, I have now installed the apk. As you say the video is low def and blocky, better than nothing though.

Guest Daedric1383

@All,

The same as RC1, but with a new kernel based on the latest NVidia rel-15r7 release

VegaCream BETA RC2:

If you use the CWM zip, please do not forget to do a *Full Wipe*

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-RC2-120dpi-Apex.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-RC2-NVFlash.exe

Can we get a kernel changelog ? Is the new kernel supposed to be a improvement over the previous on any area?

Just wondering if it's worth it to fully wipe :)

Guest Scanno

Can we get a kernel changelog ? Is the new kernel supposed to be a improvement over the previous on any area?

Just wondering if it's worth it to fully wipe :)

Let's say it is a complete new kernel...... NVidia has released a new kernel with a lot of fixes and we merged the changes needed for the vega to work. If you do not have any problems, then stay with rc1, if you have problems then try rc2

Guest swarrans

sorry to ask such a basic question but if i go from version 2.1 to rc2 via cwm and do a full wipe will i have to reinstall all my apps and live wallpaper etc?

Guest richardmlea

Hi scanno,

Nice work mate :)

No random reboots yet.

Only problem so far is 3g is taking about 30 seconds to load each page. from logcat it looks like Gtalkservice is doing something when I request a page,

I/GTalkService/c( 382): [AndroidEndpoint@1091099152] connect: acct=1000000, sta

te=CONNECTING

I/GTalkService/c( 382): [GTalkConnection@1090875896] connect: acct=1, state=CON

NECTING

it waits for about 30 seconds then logcat says

E/GTalkService( 382): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

E/GTalkService( 382): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

I then get my page.

Here's the full log.

logcat.txt

I've moved over to Vegacream RC2 after the tablet has been sat doing not much for a while, previously it was running VegaICS. Unfortunately I'm getting lockups on this which is requiring a full power cycle to bring it back to life. After such a lockup and restart there is nothing in /proc/last_kmsg to help debug this, and the locksups are pretty random really. I guess I need to see if I can still connect to the device via adb when I get one of these next time.

Guest macvegan

Thanks for this work. Have RC2 running now (upgrade from Corvus) . Really can't believe this is the same tablet I had 12 months ago with the crippled Dixons ROM ! Screen is really bright , sound is brilliant and games work really nicely. The camera i is even useable now :-) .

Just a couple of queries/notes;

- iPlayer app clicks through to BBC site and then get "install Flashplayer" message , even though it's there and have kept it on internal memory not SD.

- some erratic freezes but no pattern I can discern so far.

Thanks again , the tablet works as fast as colleague's Ipad's and is just brilliant !