Free Unlocking

Guest Paddy_

Guest Sonny Atwal

Got a G300 on the very promotion which was £99 but a £30 off for first purchase so £72.95 alltogether delivered next day, ordered an unlock code from unlock fusion on ebay but when i enter the code into the phone it says "network unlock unsuccessful"? has anyone else had a problem unlocking their G300?

i have just ordered 2 codes from this guy for the same phone (for me and the mrs), will let you know how i get on, how long did it take for yours to come through?

Guest Thar

i have just ordered 2 codes from this guy for the same phone (for me and the mrs), will let you know how i get on, how long did it take for yours to come through?

Same seller, IMEI sent 6am, code delivered 1pm same day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jewel*queen

Just bought the Huawei G300 (U8815) from Very. Price £99 and locked to Vodafone. However if you go through Topcashback they are offering about 6% cashback. Although not guaranteed, it's worth a try. (Topcashback is free to join. Here's my link if you want to use it http://www.topcashba.../ref/jewelqueen). Add the code 23EPW at the Very checkout which is valid until 1/8/12, and this will give you £30 off Orders Over £60 when you open a Credit Account at Very. You then just pay off the account in full when it is due, so no interest to pay. Cost so far Is £72.95, plus a possible £4+ cashback from Topcashback.

I then needed to get my phone unlocked as I wanted to stay with Giff Gaff (on O2 network) as they are much cheaper. Not having a Vodafone shop nearby I opted to use e bay (unlock fusion) for £4.99. They did take more than 24hrs to send me the unlocking code, however it worked first time with no problems. If my cashback comes through to Topcashback from Very then it will nearly pay for the unlocking cost. So, in total my outlay will be just over £73.

I'm rubbish with mobile phones so I wish to say a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread to help give me the confidence to try unlocking my phone myself. Good Luck and I hope my post will help others.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vimalvira

I got the G300 and it was locked to Vodafone UK. It asks me for unlock code when I use my Orange sim. But when I insert my Lebara sim, it does not ask me any code at all. I can use the phone just as normal but only on Lebara.

I am not sure why this happens, but I am happy.

Guest tarubo

I got the G300 and it was locked to Vodafone UK. It asks me for unlock code when I use my Orange sim. But when I insert my Lebara sim, it does not ask me any code at all. I can use the phone just as normal but only on Lebara.

I am not sure why this happens, but I am happy.

Lebara is a virtual network operator that runs on the Vodafone network. This is why you can use the sim card in your phone without getting it unlocked. For example, if your phone was locked to T-Mobile you could still use a Virgin sim card in it because Virgin uses the T-Mobile network.

Edited by tarubo

• 1 month later...
Guest Russ_uk

If you buy the Ascend G300 phone from Vodaphone is it branded with their logo? I bought my Ideos unlocked, sim-free and unbranded.

No, there's no sign of vodafone anywhere on the phone.

Picked one up myself yesterday from Tesco...for £65...Bargain!! (Just awaiting an unlock code - £5 from eBay)

Really, really nice, zippy phone for the price, I'm well chuffed :)

Guest wards5150

I got mine unlocked for free through the chat pop up on the vodafone website. My wife is with vodafone so I told them her details gave my imei number and got the code about a week later. If you can wait give it a go.

• 1 month later...

I've just got an unlock code however when I put a t mobile sim in and turn it on I get mu has stopped working pop up and won't go so I can't enter the unlock code !

I'm running the infusion rom so think this maybe the problem ??

Ok I installed the s3 rom cos I failed with the downgrading to stock as my iemi would not go to zero after many attempts,

Any way I put in my t mobile sim ready with unlock code but it accepted my sim but when I first got the phone tried this and it asked for unlock code ! Weird !

I'm staying witht the s3 rom as I like it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest suepabs

you are also going to want to fix the sound tongue.png

Aw no....waddya mean :unsure: ??? Waiting for my online order to arrive and trying to suss out about it before it comes. Does it have rubbish sound?

• 7 months later...