Possible port to Skate?

Guest Der_Floo

Guest razzmataz1478

If it just needs a kernel change then it's an easy port, but I think it will need a lot things changing. That's from a wannabe dev's pov

Guest utternoob

That is probably true, perhaps I may do it at some point once I get my Raspberry Pi and the dev kits, if they are available for Linux

Guest Anthony1989
So no one can try it ? :( because i think touchwiz is a good UI but yes not for ever :) so i wont buy a samsung phone :)

Is it the launcher your after?

Sent from my ZTE-SKATE using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest iReece

Do you mean with after my ass or what :o ?

You really don't know what you said. And it should stay that way...

If you just want the launcher, the apk should work. If not, the Play Store will have it. The full rom? Requires porting.

In all fairness, grab cm7 and theme it to look like Samsung, get the Touchwiz home and install it. Profit!

Guest Der_Floo

haha ok i think you misunderstand me :) your very good suggetsion I've already done... i have my skate very long and only my question was it ..to port these blade rom to skate. and the Launcher in market..The touchwiz 4 launcher is only for armv7 devices :) i tried so much stuff and i think i know what i want mister :) and sorry the regular signature dont say all :) nice day boy

Edited by Der_Floo

Guest iReece

haha ok i think you misunderstand me :) your very good suggetsion I've already done... i have my skate very long and only my question was it ..to port these blade rom to skate. and the Launcher in market..The touchwiz 4 launcher is only for armv7 devices :) i tried so much stuff and i think i know what i want mister :) and sorry the regular signature dont say all :) nice day boy

Well, Touchwiz worked on my wildfire. I can approve that the wildfire chipset consists of two stones and a pebble. No joke.

If it can run smoothly on the Wildfire, it can run on this. Have you tried finding the apk for it?..

A port is not necessary. The blade and skate are a common device separated by size.

Edit, found one for you. Touchwiz v3.

Mediafire.com/?xsxh9lgvqxiik1v

Edited by iReece

Guest Der_Floo

Well, Touchwiz worked on my wildfire. I can approve that the wildfire chipset consists of two stones and a pebble. No joke.

If it can run smoothly on the Wildfire, it can run on this. Have you tried finding the apk for it?..

A port is not necessary. The blade and skate are a common device separated by size.

Edit, found one for you. Touchwiz v3.

Mediafire.com/?xsxh9lgvqxiik1v

ok that sounds good..but touchwiz 3 i already have on my skate...i would like to have touchwiz 4 because of the new UI..and yeah i found the apk for it ...but only for armv7 devices..:(

Guest iReece

ok that sounds good..but touchwiz 3 i already have on my skate...i would like to have touchwiz 4 because of the new UI..and yeah i found the apk for it ...but only for armv7 devices..:(

Oh.

Whoops. Misread your last comment.

Well, miui was never meant for arm6, but we have it. I will look at it and see if I can do anything for it.

Guest Der_Floo

Oh.

Well, miui was never meant for arm6, but we have it. I will look at it and see if I can do anything for it.

no problem :) yes MIUI is now aviable...:) but its no apk..so maybe it is much more diffrent to port an amrv7 apk to skate :)

i hope anyone can find something :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Oh.

Whether MIUI was meant for amv7 or not doesn't matter, we have it because they released the source.

Guest razzmataz1478

no problem :) yes MIUI is now aviable...:) but its no apk..so maybe it is much more diffrent to port an amrv7 apk to skate :)

i hope anyone can find something :)

You need to be able to read binary to port an armv7 apk

Guest iReece

Whether MIUI was meant for amv7 or not doesn't matter, we have it because they released the source.

Not my point. The graphics, animations, source, speed, densities, everything. Designed for a fast, bright device.

When it came to arm6, it was because of the community helping each other to port it. That's what Der_Floo wants.

Guest razzmataz1478

and you can do this ? :)

No!

Not my point. The graphics, animations, source, speed, densities, everything. Designed for a fast, bright device.

When it came to arm6, it was because of the community helping each other to port it. That's what Der_Floo wants.

Well....no. If they're was already png's in an miui framework-res and systemui for a device with a similar screen res, then none of this is a big problem.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest Der_Floo

No!

Well....no. If they're was already png's in an miui framework-res and systemui for a device with a similar screen res, then none of this is a big problem.

ok, first thanks to all for answer :) iReece say it what i mean..

and razzmataz1478 you are a little bit more experience in these topics..but i think the`re many other armv7 devices with the same screen res and so on ...so maybe it is possible to port it ?

by the way...i speak from this when i mean TW 4 UI ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883

Guest razzmataz1478

ok, first thanks to all for answer :) iReece say it what i mean..

and razzmataz1478 you are a little bit more experience in these topics..but i think the`re many other armv7 devices with the same screen res and so on ...so maybe it is possible to port it ?

by the way...i speak from this when i mean TW 4 UI ...

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1061883

As I said, you can port it if you have the source, or you can read binary and reverse engineer

Look at the first post and the first reply http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1622555

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest iReece

No!

I know. But they were made for devices with high resolutions, good chipsets... Not for medium end devices like ours. Even now, the rom feels sluggish. All I'm saying is, if that could be ported, this can be.

Guest razzmataz1478

I know. But they were made for devices with high resolutions, good chipsets... Not for medium end devices like ours. Even now, the rom feels sluggish. All I'm saying is, if that could be ported, this can be.

Yes it can be ported, if we had the source. Easily.

Edit: Which rom feels sluggish?

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest Der_Floo

and when we ask for sources in blade forum ? :D i mean my general question with the TW blade rom ..:)