Wishlist for the G300

Guest Frankish

Guest Patrick73

again it was an attack on my freedom of Speech, On a forum post again about a wishlist, to me thats things that we want or don't want about our Mobile.

Guest FrankieADZ

I got this from Huawei about the speaker issue.

Hi Patrick.

We had just wanted to be in touch in person, following your comments here and elsewhere, to let you know a software update will be available shortly to enable you to turn up the volume settings on your Ascend G 300.

We cannot be any more specific with timings at present, but we expect to be in a position to give more detail in the next week or so. Please bear with us. Our technical team has responded, and is doing its best to offer an update. We really appreciate your feedback, and bringing it to our attention.

If you would like to speak with any of the team about the matter, in person, then please drop us a message with your number and we can arrange a more convenient time to chat through. Thanks again.

James.

thats good to know :)

Being as tho there fixing the speaker issue...they might as well release the source code & ICS then ;)

yes...im pushing it there. lol

also if i end up buying 1 in the next few weeks im blaming you lot and this section of the forum :P lol

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest eirlysbill1

Overclocking has been mentioned before; that would be nice, and maybe undervolting as well.

Great news on that volume issue. I just bought one (back-ordered though), which is a shame cause I need a phone now that the usb port on my blade is broken = no chargo :(

Guest FrankieADZ

i know its OCD'ish...but looking around Youtube, theres a darker version of the Huawei...by that I mean..dark grey & black; hope that arrives here soon.

I wants that 1 lol :)

heres a video of the other version of the G300:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSF6beYz9Pc

*dont think its here in the UK yet tho :)

*sorry if posting this breaks any rules*

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest PaulOBrien
Keep removing my posts that is up to you, but don't forget people see them before you take them down.

Your no better than me or the next man, And if you think you are then you are one very sad person.

Lets see how long this post lasts.

I suspect trying to 'bait' flibblesan isn't the answer here! In the same way you are entitled to your thoughts on the phone, so is flibblesan or anyone else. That's what a forum is all about!

As a moderator flibblesan will remove duplicate posts, keep the forum tidy etc. and remove any personal attacks as they are NOT permitted on the forum either by members or staff. Please keep posts on topic and if you have any further questions re: this, please PM me directly.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I'd like a streak dinner for 5 bux, delivered by a top heavy blonde girl in a pink bikini and roller skates..

I'd also like them to start selling a Black version

I's also like the kernel source code

at least 2 of those are liekly to happen....

Dell on the mind? Streak dinner? :P

White > Black. :D

P

Guest CrazylegsDude

i know its OCD'ish...but looking around Youtube, theres a darker version of the Huawei...by that I mean..dark grey & black; hope that arrives here soon.

I wants that 1 lol :)

heres a video of the other version of the G300:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSF6beYz9Pc

*dont think its here in the UK yet tho :)

*sorry if posting this breaks any rules*

Great Vid phone definitely looks a lot nicer in Titanium and black!

Thanks for posting :D

Guest Sebastian404

White > Black. :D

Once you go black, you never go back :)

To be honest I cant just rid myself of the feeling that the plastic is exactly the sort of plastic that will go that horrible shade of yellow after a few months in sunlight..

Guest FrankieADZ

Once you go black, you never go back :)

To be honest I cant just rid myself of the feeling that the plastic is exactly the sort of plastic that will go that horrible shade of yellow after a few months in sunlight..

Hmmm...ok. thats for putting me off getting 1 until the dark version is out in the UK, lol

Guest MrPuddington
To be honest I cant just rid myself of the feeling that the plastic is exactly the sort of plastic that will go that horrible shade of yellow after a few months in sunlight.
It is also the kind of plastic that gets scratched by just looking at it. I already have a scratch, and I was really handling it extremely carefully.

The OSF is quite robust by comparison, but unfortunately not anywhere near as nice to use.

Guest Frankish

Mine also has a light scratch too but think I will go for a gel case when they are cheap enough. I dropped every android phone I've owned I'm a proper butter fingers. Worst was dropping my desire in a glass of coke. Every other phone just had drops on pavement and laminate flooring ha.

Guest FrankieADZ

Mine also has a light scratch too but think I will go for a gel case when they are cheap enough. I dropped every android phone I've owned I'm a proper butter fingers. Worst was dropping my desire in a glass of coke. Every other phone just had drops on pavement and laminate flooring ha.

i think we need to make a phone out of rubber just for u then ;) lol

Guest Frankish

We really do. I have dropped all my phones from big heights and small heights too. That's why I loved my Defy it was quite tough but I just wanted a slightly larger screen... And an (easily) unlocked bootloader!

Guest Sebastian404

Its been a long time and my memory is hazy but I'm sure I saw a all silver G300 at MWC.. I still dont know why they went with white/silver... but hey I'm not an over paid graphic designer...

Ignoring the color for a moment, you have to keep in mind the G300 is the entry level device in the Ascend line up, and the build quality is going to suffer. However Im still surprised that the Plasic seems to be worse than the Blaze (voda/Huawei's £60 android).

Guest FrankieADZ

having just got mine, I think what we need is some ROMS ;) something like CM7 or something ;)

I kinda miss all the customization's i had on my Blade :(

Guest coupedummy

look forward to some custom roms to make the phone nice and swift...Like the darky roms on the original galaxy etc.. Also comparing this to another android camera..does the camera not let alot of light in?

Seems dark even on screen when taking a picture. Would love the camera app to be abit more functional. Alittle tame for 5mp and flash. Sure the next month alot of things will filter through.