Intermittent blob appearing inside the screen

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest SteveNotts

Well my blob keeps moving but now the top edge of the screen has a blob whenever i apply pressure to the top corner. Its as if the screen is coming away from the phone.

I'm going to have to send it back but have unlocked, cwm and rooted.Running stock B885

Can someone point me to the thread Im sure Ive seen so I can put it back to normal as such

Assume as from Voda online has to go to them and not a store?

Cheers

Steve

Guest Thar

Well my blob keeps moving but now the top edge of the screen has a blob whenever i apply pressure to the top corner. Its as if the screen is coming away from the phone.

I'm going to have to send it back but have unlocked, cwm and rooted.Running stock B885

Can someone point me to the thread Im sure Ive seen so I can put it back to normal as such

Assume as from Voda online has to go to them and not a store?

Cheers

Steve

I can't answer who to return it to but do you mean this http://www.modaco.com/topic/353792-original-factory-roms-from-huawei/#entry1944706 ?I

Guest Davidoff59

No need for that thar as B885 is a stock rom anyway so flashing it again removes root and cwm recovery when he uses the update.app method.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daveyman1

Just got my G300 and was wondering about getting a screen protector. Is there any evidence that the protectors are causing this, or with it being gorilla glass is one necessary anyway? What does anyone advise please.

Thanks as ever,

D

Guest SolitaryCZ

Blob visited me too and it seems its usually in the higher middle of the screen... isn't the CPU right on the other side?

We bought cheap phone, this was bound to happen... Huawei is obviously not a charity and fairly decent hardware needs to be compensated with cheap manufacturing, let's hope that these temporary blobs are the only problem that lot of us will need to handle.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Just got my G300 and was wondering about getting a screen protector. Is there any evidence that the protectors are causing this, or with it being gorilla glass is one necessary anyway? What does anyone advise please.

Thanks as ever,

D

There is no way screen protectors are causing this and there is certainly no particular reason you could not use one. Gorilla Glass is supposed to be scratch resistant, but it won't be infallible. Try dragging a key down the screen, for instance, and you'll see what I mean!! It guards against everyday light scratches, but if anything scrapes forcefully against it there will still be evidence. By all means use a protector to be safe.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest Colin Whiteside

I had this (no screen protector) and promptly shat myself, but a bit of squeezing the sides of the phone fixed it.

Guest Alkafer

I wrote this in another topic, but I copy for what it's worth: I work four hours at day with phone in my pocket, listening to music the four full hours, I have screen protector and protector case, now Spain is like hell (more than 35 centigrade degrees) and NEVER see any blob. So I think is more an issue that only occur for some phones, a manufacturing defect.

I hope this help, see you!

Guest Hogweed

Yes. I would take my phone straight back to the Vodafone shop if I saw the blob even once. And yes my phone goes around in my pocket all the time and have never seen this. Touch wood...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kukize

Hi

The blob appears on my phone this morning. The phone has been carrying in my trouses pocket(while driving the car fo about 30 mins).When come back to home i`ve take phone from pocket there was abour 1cm long and 0.5cm wide blob than i squeeze sides of the phone and blob dissapears. Phone is about three weeks old.

Phone has silicone case,screen protector,and has been carrying in sock(at time while im driving)

Edited by kukize

Guest bladebuddy

I no people will not agree with me, but I sell water proof jackets, for a company called gor-tex and see water stains all the time. And what I think is happening is as you're phone is in you're pocket you're body is giving of water vapor a lot smaller then a water drop and what makes gor-tex breathable, this vapour is entering the phone through either the USB/mic or headphone holes then resting on the screen untilled its either released or evaporated. If you look close you sometimes see a yellowish line around the blob, this is a classic water stain mark.

Just my opinion as I suffer it to.

This happenned to me the other day when I found my daughter had been sitting on the phone... it went away on it's own and hasn't re-appeared, so I'm pretty sure that was to do with pressure. My phone has certainly never got close to any dampness.

Guest bladebuddy

Water vapor is a gas given off by the body nothing to do with dampness. We all give it off and its 1000s times smaller then a water droplets even you're daughter sitting on you're phone could condense the vapor into a small area.

Guest TurtleBeach89

i've had the same thing before when its been in my pocket, and i've been woundering what it was but if you keep rubbish your screen with your thumb it seems to go away. at first i thought it might of been an air bubble but then obvoiously why wpuld it stick, and then i thought it was moisture but my phones never been neat water. after an extensive look i found it to be the lens on the front of the phone is flexable but not the naked eye, and when the lens is pressurised (basically being pushing in) then the lens seems to touch the screen on the inside. but basically this is a cheap phone so not everything is perfect.

Guest Peninsula

I no people will not agree with me, but I sell water proof jackets, for a company called gor-tex and see water stains all the time. And what I think is happening is as you're phone is in you're pocket you're body is giving of water vapor a lot smaller then a water drop and what makes gor-tex breathable, this vapour is entering the phone through either the USB/mic or headphone holes then resting on the screen untilled its either released or evaporated. If you look close you sometimes see a yellowish line around the blob, this is a classic water stain mark.

Just my opinion as I suffer it to.

Disagree. Its not moisture. No chance.

It's the glass and the lcd being stuck together. Imagine what you see when a sucker is stuck to a window (for example something hanging in a car window) and pulled off - its a similar principle.

Aside: I see no yellow outline.

Also if you work for GORE-TEX you should find out how to spell the name of your company!

Guest bladebuddy

I don't work for gore-tex I sell and deal with them in the lakes. I work for tog24 never said I worked for them. Also was giving my opinion you don't have to agree. I personaly feel this is what's happening.

Guest kukize

Disagree. Its not moisture. No chance.

It's the glass and the lcd being stuck together. Imagine what you see when a sucker is stuck to a window (for example something hanging in a car window) and pulled off - its a similar principle.

Aside: I see no yellow outline.

Also if you work for GORE-TEX you should find out how to spell the name of your company!

Yes im agree with Peninsula its not moisture.Its looks like screen stick to lcd.I think that is poor quality build.My girlfriend has Sony xperia arc s and never nothing like that happen to her phone.

Guest bladebuddy
I don't work for gore-tex I sell and deal with them in the lakes. I work for tog24 never said I worked for them. Also was giving my opinion you don't have to agree. I personaly feel this is what's happening.

Also how do you explain putting your phone in you're pocket will give enough pressure to push the screen together. And if you haven't yet seen the yellow outline you're problem maybe different to mine. I quite often see it and see it on plenty of jackets returned to me.

Guest Peninsula

Also how do you explain putting your phone in you're pocket will give enough pressure to push the screen together. And if you haven't yet seen the yellow outline you're problem maybe different to mine. I quite often see it and see it on plenty of jackets returned to me.

How much pressure is "enough to push the screen together"? I can explain because if you 'pinch' your phone front and back it presses together enough to push the LCD up to the glass. It doesn't take a lot of pressure. Just a small amount in the right place.

I sell water proof jackets, for a company called gor-tex

This sentence is ambiguous - its not clear whether you sell waterproof jackets for gore-tex, or sell waterproof jackets for a company who bought them off goer-tex. Anyway - that's all beside the point. You sell gore-tex but couldn't spell it.

was giving my opinion you don't have to agree. I personaly feel this is what's happening.

I know you were giving your opinion. And I disagreed - that means I know I don't have to agree. Thanks for stating two perfectly obvious things.

Guest bladebuddy

Yes but when you pinch you're phones screen the blob doesn't stay there does it or am I missing something. Instead I could go through the thread pointing out spelling mistakes.

And I am glad you don't agree never said you had to ,and I wasn't trying to be a smart arse with my thoughts.

Guest bladebuddy

Not true water vapour is a gas, water expands with heat also freezing which would explain why it sometimes shows after rubbing friction caused by the phone in you're pocket. As previously stated these vapor gases are tiny compared to water droplets and dust particles you would need 1000s of them to gather up before any damage was done to your phone and is why there is no dust as we don't sweat it. Also gore-tex validates its life time guarantee to garments with no puncture marks and that have a water mark with a yellow outline. As the toxins in human sweat are similar to those we pee e.g yellow.

I am not stating this as a fact just something I believe could be possible.As I can see a yellow outline on the blob on my phone.

I could be and probably are wrong !. I have been unable to replicate this in pockets further away from my body. And it seems to happen in trouser pockets that are near your thighs/groin an area that produces a lot of heat/ vapor. With only a cotton pocket to stop it.What ever it is ,its strange but I personaly think it could be a cause but as previously stated its just my opinion.

Guest Davidoff59

Lets just presume you are right and it is a water vapour for a minute.

Its building up in such a significant amount to leave stains behind. If it was a gas/sweat/vapour that is cooling/gathering into a puddle as it appears in the pictures, then it would leave stains.What can be seen is clearly a 'puddle' and not a haze of gas. The only reason it would not leave stains would be if it was deionized water with no contaminants in it. Sweat contains amongst other things, salt. Salt leaves a salt residue behind.

Dust would still get in as although we dont physically sweat it, its everywhere in the atmosphere.

How do you explain the colouring in the pic I linked?

Edited by Davidoff59