[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest vallandil31
seriously what a childish attitude, no wonder you aren't welcome on XDA,

Seriously did u read to what kind of comment he responded on......

read before u judge

EDIT: w

O.o seraphic was a bit fasteras a bit faster

Edited by vallandil31

Perhaps you could try CallVolumeFix-0.1.1.apk made by me? Unsure whether or not it works for the HTC One X. If it is that would be great. If not, well then it's up to Trip to fix it ;)

Unfortunately your app did not work for me. Still the same issue.

Guest TripNRaVeR

seriously what a childish attitude, no wonder you aren't welcome on XDA,

Hillarious :D A true example of a die-hard xda member

Guest Sebianoti

Congratulations on not reading a word of what Trip was replying to. The poster he was replying to had called his rom a 'piss poor effort'. So I think his response was justified to be honest!

Don't blame him... when you have a problem and can't find the cause you rage and you say s***... Trip should have known better, ignore or reply only if you are going to be helpful,

Guest serequel

Hi Trip, I've been a great fan of yours and have been using your ROM since your 003 build. Just one thing I would like to clarify, do custom kernels for sense rom work with you rom? If not is there any way of making them to work perfectly? Franco's kernel seems very appealing to me.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Don't blame him... when you have a problem and can't find the cause you rage and you say s***... Trip should have known better, ignore or reply only if you are going to be helpful,

Lol look at this guy :D

Why dont YOU ignore it then you should have know better! Only reply when you are going to be helpfull!

ps. dont make such a joke of yourself with posts like this one because it makes you look like a clown

Guest more2come

only had it on my phone a few hours and loving it......few little bugs though....

- In call volume doesnt work/is too loud!

- Something funky going on with CPU......mine wont go to 1500Mhz, stuck at 1400Mhz MAX.

- Something funky with 2D GPU Performance

Well, there are some unresolved issues when it comes to CPU-scaling. I did some complex testing on scaling behaviour and it is kinda odd how the performance management enables or disables available cores. On a sense ROM, Riptide-GP tends to have some framerate-issues, because only 2-3 cores are active from time to time. And it only clocks around 1 GHz most of the time. Enforcing all cores @1.4 GHz smoothens everything out, but nVidia/HTC really need to work on their modules! Can't really tell how our kernel devs can affect scaling behaviour, because there surely are some propritiary blobs which nVidia won't open up..

Guest Bxsteez

only had it on my phone a few hours and loving it......few little bugs though....

- Something funky going on with CPU......mine wont go to 1500Mhz, stuck at 1400Mhz MAX.

Agreed with the 2D GPU Performance. When my screen rotates the screen turns off then turns. Still a great start!

Guest more2come

Agreed with the 2D GPU Performance. When my screen rotates the screen turns off then turns. Still a great start!

I'm pretty sure SurfaceFlinger doesn't call for HW acceleration when it comes to rotation animation. This minor bug with the blank screen before animation lies somewhere else.

Guest richardddd

Wonderfull rom!!! So smooth!

Could have a bit improved touch latency though :)

Anyone else having wifi and battery draining issues?

Guest estanenmi

i have gps issues... they not catch signal.... view 16 sats and not positioning...... i use faster fix whitout luck...

Guest kimstroke

Same with volume for me. Can't move the slider or use buttons in calls. And still can't end a call without pressing atleast 2 times - fast or slow doesnt matter.

Another thing i've noticed, Stock keybaord with danish vocab. doesnt work. it crashes 2-x times when texting one line, SMS or mail, search etc.

Batteryperformance for me device is also very poor. Maybe Something funky with 2D GPU Performance as the above user wrote. Tried 100% charge, then get it to 1%, done 4 times now and tried deleting the battery cache via recovery when 100%, still doesnt work for more than a half day.

Im sure all the things are getting fixed, still love this rom over any other.

EDIT: it's the 006 version im using btw. my bad.

Edited by kimstroke

Guest -JFK-

i have gps issues... they not catch signal.... view 16 sats and not positioning...... i use faster fix whitout luck...

Try to download "GPS Status"

Then Option->Tools->reset

And finally Option->Tools->download

The first catching is very long but have work for me.

There is an interesting post there :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1239713

Edited by -JFK-

Guest duderuud

I'm having the same problems as Kimstroke. Also after hanging up a call the phone went in a deep sleep and couldn't wake up.

Once those issues have been resolved the rom is 100% stable and a daily driver for me.

Guest kimstroke

Could you please make a flashable zip to remove the annoying 3 dots.

Edit:: I found a way to remove it.

Care to spare it with the rest of us? Would love to know-how aswel. Thank you.

Guest supermegaridin

Ok first post here. Never imagined there could be some bad blood between modaco and xda.

Anyway, i've been waiting long for a real AOSP rom on the HOX. I was very excited to flash this.

Just did, this morning, coming from ARHD 5.2

THE GOOD PART:

Everything went perfectly fine - well, yes, I read the OP, and remembered to erase the cache before booting into CWM.

Kudos, then, to Trip for this rom. 500MB ram free at boot. 950MB free on the system partition (!!)

And it runs smoother than a baby's arse. Finally free from sense's shackles. Feels great !

Many many thanks, I 'm pretty sure I'll be able to scrounge a dozen euros to add to your paypal. Which you do deserve.

A small advice to other people failing to boot after flashing -> super wipe, and super wipe again. And don't use Titanium auto restore feature, most system apps from Sense roms are incompatible with AOSP's (took me 3 times before I realized that.... stupid me.)

THE BAD PART:

I hardly understand what is the point of keeping your source closed. Android was build to be open source. I have hard time empathising with developers just looing for an ego trip and a lot of followers on twitter. Of course, building this is a lot of work, I do realise that, but apart from the odd fix, most of the source is not yours to close. I know it's ok from a legal point of view, but out of respect for the dudes herding most of Android's code, I'd definitely open source everything.

And I'd really like to know why the situation between you and xda cannot be defused. Ok, some people needs to put a real heavy lid on their egos, but still. It's the f**ing internet. Could incriminated XDA people could please smile and ask for forgiveness, then wait for Trip to do the same, then everybody can live happily ever after, and badword poneys all day long.

And please pardon my french, being born as one kinda gets under your skin.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I have hard time empathising with developers just looing for an ego trip and a lot of followers on twitter.

Seeing this is youre first post its kinda strange you say this like you know me.. I dont care about twitter neither i'm looking for an ego trip. Also if i wasnt banned on xda my source was available a long time ago. Now that xda doesnt want my work then i will do everything i can to prevent anything of my work end up there. If they dont like what i do then they also dont need the exact same work but posted by others.

Guest MrLadoodle

Ok first post here. Never imagined there could be some bad blood between modaco and xda.

Anyway, i've been waiting long for a real AOSP rom on the HOX. I was very excited to flash this.

Just did, this morning, coming from ARHD 5.2

THE GOOD PART:

Everything went perfectly fine - well, yes, I read the OP, and remembered to erase the cache before booting into CWM.

Kudos, then, to Trip for this rom. 500MB ram free at boot. 950MB free on the system partition (!!)

And it runs smoother than a baby's arse. Finally free from sense's shackles. Feels great !

Many many thanks, I 'm pretty sure I'll be able to scrounge a dozen euros to add to your paypal. Which you do deserve.

A small advice to other people failing to boot after flashing -> super wipe, and super wipe again. And don't use Titanium auto restore feature, most system apps from Sense roms are incompatible with AOSP's (took me 3 times before I realized that.... stupid me.)

THE BAD PART:

I hardly understand what is the point of keeping your source closed. Android was build to be open source. I have hard time empathising with developers just looing for an ego trip and a lot of followers on twitter. Of course, building this is a lot of work, I do realise that, but apart from the odd fix, most of the source is not yours to close. I know it's ok from a legal point of view, but out of respect for the dudes herding most of Android's code, I'd definitely open source everything.

And I'd really like to know why the situation between you and xda cannot be defused. Ok, some people needs to put a real heavy lid on their egos, but still. It's the f**ing internet. Could incriminated XDA people could please smile and ask for forgiveness, then wait for Trip to do the same, then everybody can live happily ever after, and badword poneys all day long.

And please pardon my french, being born as one kinda gets under your skin.

From what I've heard, someone made a ROM for the Sensation but it had a bug. Trip re-released this ROM with a fix, and when the developers asked how he fixed it, he refused at them.

I think the ROM was released under GNU, and so basically Trip refused to follow the GNU, and was banned from XDA.

Guest MrLadoodle

Seeing this is youre first post its kinda strange you say this like you know me.. I dont care about twitter neither i'm looking for an ego trip. Also if i wasnt banned on xda my source was available a long time ago. Now that xda doesnt want my work then i will do everything i can to prevent anything of my work end up there. If they dont like what i do then they also dont need the exact same work but posted by others.

Even though your a good developer, you should have to follow the same rules as everyone else does.

Guest pat675

Please help!

Sorry, but i'm new to the whole Rooting thing. I've searched for hours about the issue that i'm having but I cant find out what to do in my case.

I've unlocked the bootloader, Rooted the phone. I've then installed the CyanogenMod ROM and it loads just fine.

However, I then found out that all the Gapps need to be installed separately. So I went and downloaded the file and when I restarted the phone into recovery mode and select 'Recovery' to install the gapps, instead of booting into CWN, it boots straight into the CyanogenMod!

This means that I cant even restore back to my previous Sense ROM or anything else!

I've tried reflashing the recovery using ./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.2.7-endeavoru.img but it still does the same thing.

I haven't moved any of the files since I rooted the phone to start with.

Please help, I don't know what to do now and i'm stuck with a dead phone. =(

Guest Joel lock

Even though your a good developer, you should have to follow the same rules as everyone else does.

not if he wants to..Trip..do what you think is right and to hell with your popularity

Guest -JFK-

Please help!

Sorry, but i'm new to the whole Rooting thing. I've searched for hours about the issue that i'm having but I cant find out what to do in my case.

I've unlocked the bootloader, Rooted the phone. I've then installed the CyanogenMod ROM and it loads just fine.

However, I then found out that all the Gapps need to be installed separately. So I went and downloaded the file and when I restarted the phone into recovery mode and select 'Recovery' to install the gapps, instead of booting into CWN, it boots straight into the CyanogenMod!

This means that I cant even restore back to my previous Sense ROM or anything else!

I've tried reflashing the recovery using ./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.2.7-endeavoru.img but it still does the same thing.

I haven't moved any of the files since I rooted the phone to start with.

Hi,

In fastboot just do :

fastboot erase cache

Regards

Guest supermegaridin

set your phone in fastboot mode

run the following command

fastboot erase cache

then select recovery from hboot. Et voilà, you are in recovery.

@Trip nah, never heard of you before yesterday :D I usually lurks without posting. But lemme tell you I ended up thinking we will have an AOSP rom for the HOX when it's S-OFF'ed. Why? Because, stupid me, I thought the central place to look for android based development was XDA. You, indeed, proved me wrong.

I'm not trying to change your stance about XDA, obviously you don't need them to release the best HOX rom until now. But I like to think developing s*** is a team's job. As good as you can be, sometimes, you can stumble on something serious enough to make you start pulling your hair out, while a second pair of eyes will solve the problem in two characters flat. When I'm proud of a few implementations I've written, I usually get cranky when asked to release my sources. Hell, that's MY work here peeps, not yours ! But from experience, my closed source implementations were always vastly inferior to those I pair programmed with other devs. Because one man, as smart as one can be, can not think of everything at once.

So, right, a few peeps on XDA treated you like s***. They are not XDA. They are a part of XDA. I'm, somehow, a part of XDA. Think about all the sad lurkers like me stuck with a shitty sense rom because they just don't know your rom exists !

And what will happen when MIUI or CM teams release their own build for the HOX? They'll have to avoid again all the pitfalls you solved already. And when they do, they'll use their builds popularity to sink yours to the infinite depths of this board. Hell, you deserve to be the AOSP for HOX team leader. Not one cranky dev working alone on his very own project to satisfy our senseless sexual preferences.

Anyway, I'll stop this project manager pep talk and lemme congratulate you again for this great build.

Oh, and stupid question, but if you want to keep a closed source, how much would you sell it?

Edited by supermegaridin