[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Underyx

Hey, Trip!

I've been monitoring the open source CM9 project's progress pretty closely, and, well, the devs have been more or less stuck on the call echo problem for quite a few days now, as far as I can tell.

So, seeing that you've already solved this bug, I thought I'd ask if there was any chance that you would help them fix it. Could you please provide a short description of your fix, perhaps?

Thanks!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey, Trip!

I've been monitoring the open source CM9 project's progress pretty closely, and, well, the devs have been more or less stuck on the call echo problem for quite a few days now, as far as I can tell.

So, seeing that you've already solved this bug, I thought I'd ask if there was any chance that you would help them fix it. Could you please provide a short description of your fix, perhaps?

Thanks!

Well i suggest you to read back in this topic and read especially the posts from xda peepz saying that they dont need me and will solve everything so fast because they are a team and you now you ask for help? Lol you dont need me (and remember i'm just quoting others here)

Guest mrmoretti

Regarding the kernel panics for 3.1.10, try changing your init scripts to run after system boot.

Edited by mrmoretti

Guest TripNRaVeR

Regarding the kernel panics for 3.1.10, try changing your init scripts to run after system boot.

What do you mean exactly? inside ramdisk?

Guest Underyx

Well i suggest you to read back in this topic and read especially the posts from xda peepz saying that they dont need me and will solve everything so fast because they are a team and you now you ask for help? Lol you dont need me (and remember i'm just quoting others here)

Well, they probably said something along those lines in reaction to you being reluctant to help the One X community directly with your code, and truth be told, they will definitely figure it out eventually, I just figured it would speed up things and let them concentrate their efforts elsewhere if you were nice enough to be willing share your discoveries with everyone in spite of anything that may have been said by any XDA users (who, I must mention, are in no way representatives of the open source CM9 project's developers).

Guest TripNRaVeR

Well, they probably said something along those lines in reaction to you being reluctant to help the One X community directly with your code, and truth be told, they will definitely figure it out eventually, I just figured it would speed up things and let them concentrate their efforts elsewhere if you were nice enough to be willing share your discoveries with everyone in spite of anything that may have been said by any XDA users (who, I must mention, are in no way representatives of the open source CM9 project's developers).

They dont want my work! And lol i dont need to be nicer THEY should have been nicer then i would have shared some stuff. I dont ask them anything, they want my stuff so they atleast need to show some respect hopefully they learn it sometime.

Guest Underyx

They dont want my work! And lol i dont need to be nicer THEY should have been nicer then i would have shared some stuff. I dont ask them anything, they want my stuff so they atleast need to show some respect hopefully they learn it sometime.

Sure, it's your work, and therefore your call. It's kinda difficult to imagine no one would make use of any pointers you might give, though.

Guest mrmoretti

What do you mean exactly? inside ramdisk?

Yes, so init scripts run after the system boot step in ram disk. hopefully the problem is just the the order of things starting, too early maybe.

Guest Faidz Jalil

Hi all,

My first CM9 ever. I flashed 014 and gapps. Rebooted and it takes a long time but still at the cyanogen bootanim. How long does it usually take for first boot?

Guest oogmsn

Hi all,

My first CM9 ever. I flashed 014 and gapps. Rebooted and it takes a long time but still at the cyanogen bootanim. How long does it usually take for first boot?

Not sure if you ran into the same problem as mine, but I had this boot animation problem because I installed the boot.img from the 1st post mediafire link.

What we should do is instead flash the boot.img in each of the release build zip - I did that and voila! Hope that helps you as well.

Guest oogmsn

Was wondering if anyone installed the google music apk that is shared in the xda posting.

I realised that I had problem getting the music to play when I had connected to BT. It seems to be showing forever the caching circling animation.

But when I turn off the BT, it almost immediately starts. :wacko:

Also, just wondering if anyone had the same problem when using the BT power widget in the notification drawer?

If I turn off BT using the widget there, it immediately reboots the phone. But it only happens when it is already paired to something and no issue when turning on.

If nothing is paired, you can turn it off without any problem :blink:

Guest spacebar2011

Trip,

Fantastic progress so far. Despite the animosity between you and XDA, I respect both and believe in the community system.

I'd decided to stay away from ROMs until there is S-OFF as HTC India SUCKS and I wouldn't want to deal with them at all with warranty issues. I already replaced one with a flickering bastard of a display and it was a nightmare dealing with the staff.

But, can't stand Sense anymore and I'm now going to flash this ROM.

There's just two things I wanted to ask:

1 - Is the ImageSense chip functional in this ROM or are the 3A's handled by the Tegra 3?

2 - What is the status of the nvidia binaries needed for the 3.x kernel?

Thanks a lot and keep up the blazing work!

Small token of appreciation coming your way once my PayPal is activated. :)

Guest FabioPBX

Was wondering if anyone installed the google music apk that is shared in the xda posting.

I realised that I had problem getting the music to play when I had connected to BT. It seems to be showing forever the caching circling animation.

But when I turn off the BT, it almost immediately starts. :wacko:

Also, just wondering if anyone had the same problem when using the BT power widget in the notification drawer?

If I turn off BT using the widget there, it immediately reboots the phone. But it only happens when it is already paired to something and no issue when turning on.

If nothing is paired, you can turn it off without any problem :blink:

BT Music Streaming (playing music over BT) doesn't seem to be working, thats probably why the app is crashing, i do use the Google Music APK (dont know where i got it from tho) but it endlessly skips the songs if BT headset is plugged in...

BT does pair and connect fine, just wont stream music ..

im hoping Trip will fix this soon, its the most major thing thats preventing me using the ROM :(

Guest manwar25

I have a problem that happens alot.

When connecting my charger at low battery, the device restarts.

I tried 3 chargers with the same result.

V14

Guest cachiama

GPS does not turn on (the icon in the notifications bar does not appear) and rotation and compass do not work either. Is anyone aware of these issues? I installed the latest version and wiped twice.

Thanks,

Mark

Guest n3ocort3x

I guess he´s working on the problem with the 3. Kernel...There is a strange reboot without an error when he boots... maybe he made a step forward... on Thursday i talked the last time to him..

Guest spacebar2011

Enough of this nonsense! If you don't like what he's doing, you're free to stay away. Let people do as they wish. He's not causing you any trouble, neither is XDA, so stop with this bickering already! Both communities and ROMs are open to all. Use what you like and keep it tidy.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I guess he´s working on the problem with the 3. Kernel...There is a strange reboot without an error when he boots... maybe he made a step forward... on Thursday i talked the last time to him..

I'm getting help from shaky153 when the reboot is fixed it can be released almost inmediatly

Guest TripNRaVeR

nice to hear... any news about this strange behaviour ?

I dont see the error shaky thinks he does, so i have my bets on him to fix it. There isnt much i can do right now cause the reboot is to annoying