Root OSF II w/out new ROM?

Guest miksmith

Guest miksmith

Hi

I am happy with the stock ROM and just want to root it. I have tried "Unlock Root", SOC and DoomLord, none of which worked.

Any ideas?

cheers

Guest raverrr

I think it can be done...correct me if i'm wrong :

What if you had a flashable zip with a rooted boot image and the superuser APK inside it.Providing it was the same boot image as the stock ROM you are using.that would work right?

Sorry to answer with another question. I just want to put this rooting question to bed lol.

Guest Amphoras

You should be able to flash the su app and binary from recovery. If you don't mind replacing the stock recovery, then you can flash ClockworkMod recovery using one of the guides on here then flash the efghi zip from here.

If you want to keep the stock recovery, then you need to get fastboot/adb working and download the CWM image. Put everything in whatever folder fastboot is in, eg. C:\fastboot. Once you've done that and checked the md5sum of the image, enable USB debugging, connect your phone with the USB cable and put it into fastboot mode, type "adb reboot bootloader" into the command prompt on your computer. Your phone should then reboot and stay on the green android. Once it gets there, change to the directory where everything is saved, eg. "cd C:\fastboot" then type "fastboot-windows boot recovery.img" changing recovery.img to whatever the name of the CWM image is. You phone should then reboot into ClockworkMod recovery and you can flash the su zip like before. Once you're finished, reboot your phone and it should load like normal and you should still have the stock recovery.