Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Guest Simon O

Guest spicysomtam

I see B892 is listed 19 July 2012 http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDAxOTA=

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 2.3,V100R001C02B892,UK vodafone,05011AFS)

221mb.

I am running this and its very stable. Standby battery is amazing. I must add that I upgraded via the upgrade option on the phone, rather than CWM, etc.

Guest mack_

does anyone have official B892 with all the Vodafone crapware on it?

scrap that i just saw the post above...

Edited by mack_

Guest SilentBob

Official Vodafone HUAWEI Ascend G300(U8815,Android 2.3.6) V100R001C02B885 available on off web very good rom!

HERE

After Install u have to root + cwm again!!! I bough my phone its already been installed on it..

I have a completely stock G300 that I received only last week. Only thing I have done is to network unlock it. It is on B892 (can't remember if I had an OTA during setup though). It appears to have the "volume bug" where the ringtone is ascending from 0%, and takes a few seconds before you can hear it properly. I don't have the setting available for turning off ascending/increasing ringtone.

Can I downgrade to this B885 stock ROM without the need to root or bootloader unlock, etc?

If I can, will this restore the checkbox for this option?

Presumably if both the above are ok, I will then be able to force the update to B892 again and it will remember the option NOT to have an ascending ringtone?

Edited by SilentBob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WackoJackoUK

Hey SilentBob

Did you get any further with this?

OH is on B892 (upgraded OTA from B885) and doesn't have the option.

My mum has the G300 and is on stock B882 IIRC and it HAS that option.

Ta

WJUK

Guest SilentBob

Hi WackoJackoUK,

Nope, not got any further information on this. I have downloaded all of the following directly from the Huawei website...

B882

B885

B892

... and have scanned through the upgrade guide, re: normal & forced upgrades.

It would appear from what you and others have said that B882 & possibly B885 have the option to turn off "increasing ringtone", but what I am still unsure of is if it is possible/safe to downgrade from B892 to one of the others, change the setting then update OTA back up to B892. Or if I try to upgrade to a previous ROM version will it fail or worse still brick the phone?

If anyone can offer advice on this it'd be greatly appreciated. Just to reiterate, I am on completely stock B892.

Thanks

Edit: The other thought that I had is whether this would be fixed with the impending ICS update. It'd be good if the other two issues that I have with it were fixed with ICS too... (1) Music playing in alphabetical order rather than track number order (2) Unable to set the correct system voicemail number.

Edited by SilentBob

Guest SilentBob

Hmmm. Had a thought. If it is not possible to downgrade to B882 or B885 this way, what if I were to reapply the B892 ROM from the SD card? Unlike the OTA, presumably this would be a clean wipe and may not then have the volume issue? In fact (thinking as I type) perhaps simply a hard reset would fix it? I may try that, as at least I know it it is safe.

Guest SilentBob

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY1MTg=

official from 08.01?

:

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 4.0,V100R001C00B934,General Version)

2012-08-01|328.34MB

That is a generic firmware (i.e. not for the Vodafone devices). Presumably this can only be applied if you have the bootloader unlocked?

Software for the Vodafone UK version can be found here.

Guest mash73

thank you,but I´m on B934 since 08.10. I just wondering ,about the release date,and i never seen it before this version.(..and whats the difference between the leak and the official( mean nothing because -934 both).Its coming with the usual Huawei speed - 3h left (

Guest mash73

thank you,but I´m on B934 since 08.10. I just wondering ,about the release date,and i never seen it before this version.(..and whats the difference between the leak and the official( mean nothing because -934 both).Its coming with the usual Huawei speed - 3h left (

ok,others find too ))))

I'm still on GB B886. Can someone give me advice on updating to this (general version) of B934.

I am not rooted and don't have CWM so do I need to install other ROM's before installing this one or can I go straight from B886 to B934?

Edited by Guest

Guest rosco-85

I'm still on GB B886. Can someone give me advice on updating to this (general version) of B934.

Do I need to install other ROM's before installing this one or can I go straight from B886 to B934?

I'd have thought this would would work fine through the Storage > Software Update method.

Might give you issues with upgrading in future though if you want to use this method again.

I went straight from B888 > B926 without any problem, but had to IMEI hack to get to B927 and then B934.

Infusion seems quite popular though. You could maybe back-up and then try that.

Guest emyjojo

Is there a way to restore the notification toggles? As I flashed the official b892 from the site, after downgrading from b934 and they are gone. thanks.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Is there a way to restore the notification toggles? As I flashed the official b892 from the site, after downgrading from b934 and they are gone. thanks.

You need vendor update.app for B892. But there is not one. If you need notification toggles and gingerbread, you should downgrade to B888 or B884. Those two has notification toggles.

Question for everyone:

Has someone made OTA updates running via restoring any original ROM?

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

Guest Jaisan888

@ ScutulatusCrotalus.

Downgraded from B888 to B885 using Downgrade upgrade Tool http://www.modaco.com/topic/355873-guidepossibly-a-new-rom-downgrade-upgrade-tool-found/ , then upgraded to B892 via OTA Vodafone.

Waited for Vodafone ICS release but I lacked patience so when Huawei released B934 ICS, I used this same tool again before installing the B934 ICS.

Did not root the device as there are no bloatware to remove and using stock All Backup rather than installing third party backups which may require rooting.

Regards.

Guest ryan2801

Hi, I'm getting "update failed2 and a yellow triangle when flashing from AtomicMod 888

Any idea what I should try next?

fixed

Edited by ryan2801

Guest andy/newbie

to ryan2801 u said i am getting update failed and yellow triangle when flahing from atomic mod 888.and now u fixed i get the same problem aswell can u help me plz

Guest ryan2801

to ryan2801 u said i am getting update failed and yellow triangle when flahing from atomic mod 888.and now u fixed i get the same problem aswell can u help me plz

From Jaisan's post just above:

Downgraded from B888 to B885 using Downgrade upgrade Tool http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/ , then upgraded to B892 via OTA Vodafone.

Waited for Vodafone ICS release but I lacked patience so when Huawei released B934 ICS, I used this same tool again before installing the B934 ICS.

Did not root the device as there are no bloatware to remove and using stock All Backup rather than installing third party backups which may require rooting.

Regards.

Edited by ryan2801