New ZTE Blade 2 / Telenor Touch Plus

Guest Rostilj xD

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Don't think that's the Blade 2, as far as I know the Blade 2 looks almost identical to the first one...

..apart from the battery compartment and the camera.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

When someone has one of these in their hands we'll worry about what it is and how to support it then. My guess is it's literally just a rebadged Vivacity in the same way that the SF2 and the Free Mobile "Blade S" are the same variant.

Guest Reider59

The Blade II on the video and in specs I searched for is a 1 gig CPU. On the Vivacity, doublecked to be sure, its an 800. So their are some differences though much of the architecture may be the same with a better CPU added.

Guest Dazzozo
The Blade II on the video and in specs I searched for is a 1 gig CPU. On the Vivacity, doublecked to be sure, its an 800. So their are some differences though much of the architecture may be the same with a better CPU added.

More may differ than what you make out here - it's probably on a different board.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

The Blade 2 is different, yes. But the phone in the OP isn't a Blade 2. It might be identified as such, just like mine did. Everyone just assumed that as it was a new, higher specced Blade, that it must be a Blade 2.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo
The Blade 2 is different, yes. But the phone in the OP isn't a Blade 2. It might be identified as such, just like mine did. Everyone just assumed that as it was a new, higher specced Blade, that it must be a Blade 2.

Yup, the best thing is that ZTE themselves referred to the Crescent as the Blade 2. blade2_keypad.kl in all Crescent ROMs, anyone? :P

Guest fr0do

San Francisco 2 is all it ever was. Stupid ZTE :) I bet they were trying to pacify Orange, and now Orange have missed out on the real upgrade. ...it'll be good if all the Blade devotees migrated to the real Blade 2 and ditched Orange in the process. :ph34r:

Guest Reider59
More may differ than what you make out here - it's probably on a different board.

My guess is it's literally just a rebadged Vivacity in the same way that the SF2 and the Free Mobile "Blade S" are the same variant.

None of us gets it right all the time I guess....

Guest Dazzozo

None of us gets it right all the time I guess....

Huh? How is that relevant at all? This IS pretty much just a rebadged Vivacity.

The Blade II is COMPLETELY different and came up as a side topic.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Just found some more news about the "Blade II", it's going to be released under the name "Red Bull Mobile"...

Guest NinjehKitteh

That's not the Blade II? That's the Blade / San Francisco I with an upgraded camera (available in different countries e.g. Japan). The Blade II looks similar but will have a 1GHz MSM7227A processor, over the less powerful 600MHz MSM7227 of the original Blade.

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

and yes this has Qualcomm 600MHz so it's the Blade.

That's where I knew something was up, but I've seen the 5MP version before (on videos and pictures). Haven't seen any irl yet even though I know a few people who've had them.

-Ninjeh.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

That's not the Blade II? That's the Blade / San Francisco I with an upgraded camera (available in different countries e.g. Japan). The Blade II looks similar but will have a 1GHz MSM7227A processor, over the less powerful 600MHz MSM7227 of the original Blade.

-Ninjeh.

Yeah just noticed the stats there but the video was labelled Blade II on YouTube. Oh well, still didn't know that Red Bull had branded a Blade model.