MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
Thanks Paul for your efforts. Is the GR2 the same as the GR1 release but with the kitchen features available?

No, it's a newer release. 888 vs 882.

P

Guest oldfella

I updated from stock with R2 with a complete wipe - works fine thank you

only problems were Touchpal kept force closing, just switched to Android keyboard

and Google wouldnt connect via 3G or wifi to register my account until I rebooted

Mike

Edited by oldfella

I updated from stock with R2 with a complete wipe - works fine thank you

only problems were Touchpal kept force closing, just switched to Android keyboard

and Google wouldnt connect via 3G or wifi to register my account until I rebooted

Mike

Had this too Touchpall has stopped, then setup wizard has stopped then just a black screen,could still see top bar had to go back to b888 did try a few times more.But got feedup with having to root etc back to b888.

Edited by G300

Guest PaulOBrien

Had this too Touchpall has stopped, then setup wizard has stopped then just a black screen,could still see top bar had to go back to b888 did try a few times more.But got feedup with having to root etc back to b888.

Missing library I believe, I'll fix this shortly.

P

Guest pOcHa

Paul, please consider using B894 for your next version - according to this documents it is the latest stable english stock version as B888 and appareantly B891 were (B892 was chinese), but B895 is still just a test version (with some russian bloatware). A couple of us are being using it for more than a day now, and it has all of the B888 fixes, and is even a little bit more faster and responsive (subjective feeling, no actual tests done).

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=81567

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Jekle

Paul, please consider using B894 for your next version - according to this documents it is the latest stable english stock version as B888 and appareantly B891 were (B892 was chinese), but B895 is still just a test version (with some russian bloatware). A couple of us are being using it for more than a day now, and it has all of the B888 fixes, and is even a little bit more faster and responsive (subjective feeling, no actual tests done).

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=81567

B895 doesn't have bloatware. Its only if you install the seperate vendor package. Not the ROM itself.

No worries,I am sure we will get it soon,I have asked kalt kaffe,but he has not been online for a while so no answer yet.

Oh well,patience is a virtue and Mhz comes to those who wait :lol:

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to announce that the Gr2 B888 kitchen now includes 'PartitionSwap' support.

When baking a ROM you can now choose to leave your partition layout intact (no change, no device wipe) or you can choose from two partitioning options. The first is 'stock' which is used to revert to the stock layout if you have used the second option, which is 'swapped'.

In the stock - factory - configuration, the device has a ~750MB data partition and a ~2GB internal SD card partition. This is a bit pointless if you're using the microSD slot, the space would be more valuable on data. SO...

In the swapped configuration, the device has a ~2GB data partition and a ~750MB internal SD partition. :D

Bear in mind that selecting a PartitionSwap option in the kitchen wipes both the data and internal SD partitions.

When the partitions are in the swapped configuration, this will also affect use of the recovery image, so both options flash a new recovery. The stock configuration flashes sebastian404's clockworkmod version, the swapped configuration flashes a modified version of this pointing to the correct partitions.

You can backup before flashing your PartitionSwap update zip, but remember to restart recovery before doing the restore (you need to do so to load the modified recovery image).

Enjoy - looking forward to your feedback! :)

P

gr2stockspace.pnggr2swappedspace.png

Guest Hans Gruber

After flashing this, rebooting recovery then restoring a backup I'm getting boot loops (It shows the Huawei logo, then a picture of an android with a box and a loading bar, then it loops). A clean install seems to work ok. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong? When it did the clean install it showed that the SD and internal storage had been swapped so that part was all working ok.

edit: actually I can't get it to reboot into recovery now. powering on with volume up held and "adb reboot recovery" are giving me the same boot loop. Oddly this was working fine before...

edit 2: I've brought it back to life using the B885 UPDATE.APP

Edited by Hans Gruber