MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi guys newbie here, I've rooted my G300 thanks to Paul (BTW you're awesome!) and I've just got to ask this question; if you root you're G300 and install clockworkmod will the future official ICS update work? PS if you just have the stock bootloader with upgraded access from Paul's root thread will the ICS update work? Thanks in advance!

You'll have to go back to stock, but it's not a big issue I imagine!

I need rom with swaped particions PLEASE!

Ummmm...?

P

Guest chohan01

Thanks for the quick reply paul! What would you recommend? Should I stay rooted and not get the official rom or should I revert back to stock and if so how? Btw why can't you install ota updates if you're rooted? Thanks in advanced and I'm sorry for being a total noob!

Guest Brian Doyle

I'm not sure why restoring this way doesn't work, very odd... Does anyone have a logcat of the boot loop?

How can I get this logcat for you? Still can't restore any nandroid backup on the swapped gr2 rom.The non swapped restores ok, it's just that all my settings etc are in the swapped rom backup.

Edited by Brian Doyle

Guest Brian Doyle

Hi Brian

My only problem with the GPS when I tested today (not used it since installing custom ROM) was the length of it took to get an initial lock on my location. I'd guess about 5-10 mins. It looked like Google maps wasn't working so downloaded "GPS Status" to check. The app showed that the GPS had acquired a few satelites fairly quickly, but pin pointing my location took ages. It quickly got my location back at home when I switched it back on.

Edit: First smartphone (about 2 weeks) or GPS device so don't know if the above is bad or typical.

Edit2: Thanks for the books fix Paul. Saved me some effort :)

The GPS works if I leave it 10 to 15 minutes! I was used to the Desire locking within 5 seconds.

Guest gifgaff

having trouble with this backed up phone installed the folder with prebaked rom onto sd card when i go onto clockwork on phone and select system from the list it shows me whats inside the folder then i select app or most the files in it and it says no file found

Guest Pondlife

The GPS works if I leave it 10 to 15 minutes! I was used to the Desire locking within 5 seconds.

I'm betting that the Desire wasn't using solely gps to get the location.

Guest BigJas

I did some quick tests today travelling to and from work with GPS ("quick GPS" and wireless disabled) switched off while in the car. It varied from 10-150sec to get a fix. Sorry, not much help.

Edited by BigJas

Guest fr0do

My GPS is getting a fix in under 2 secs using "GPS Status" and no wireless or data.

edit

There's a setting in GPS Status to display "time to fix". With further testing, I've found that from cold, I'm getting a fix in 7 seconds.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Brian Doyle

GPS seems fine now for me after a fresh install of latest swapped GR2.I had to give up on restoring the nandroid backup of my older swapped GR2 though.

Guest BigJas

I'm having trouble restoring backups made by CWM included with a swapped partition ROM. Just doesn't seem to work for me. Using the Advanced Restore (selective restore), the phone fails to boot after using the option to restore "Data". This restores the following:

data.img

datadata.img

.android_secure.img

Is it just me?

Guest BigJas

CWM backups restore successfully using the standard partition configuration. At least for me then, backups don't work with swapped partitions.

Edited by BigJas

Guest Colin Whiteside

Just FYI I dropped £10 on access to the ROM kitchen, and it was a great decision. This phone, with that ROM, with the swapped partition kicks a sea of ass compared to my old Desire. Hope you get a chance to do the same to the ICS update if it ever arrives!

Guest naghtan

hello...

Updating with these rom and options of PartitionSwap "Apply stock partitioning installed to /system partition" or "Apply swapped partitioning installed to /system partition" I will have any problem with the future ICS roms?¿ or next flash will partition again what he need?

thanks!

Guest Brian Doyle

You will need to apply the stock partition GR2 image before you install the current ICS roms as they haven't been patched to work with Paul's swapped partitions.

Edited by Brian Doyle

Guest naghtan

It is expected in a future become a B926(or UK version or European version or whatever version) with auto kitchen adn swap? I want it! ;)

Guest Pondlife

It's b888 ics based on the Chinese Rom?

No this is GB hence the Gr2 naming ICS modaco will have an Ir1 naming. There is a basic kitchen for it if you are a paying member.

That one needs the official ICS update first.

Guest Colin Whiteside

Just FYI, I have had a couple occurrences of a random bug, which manifests as follows but I can't track down the source:

i) Holding Menu to remove/ add the keyboard stops working though Menu continues to bring up menus.

ii) Selecting the Dialler/ Contacts shows all five tabs at the top rather than just 4 with an option to swipe back and forth.

iii) The Contacts tab loses its letters down the right side and the quick-slide-to-a-letter functionality.

iv) The Dialler can only take one number and does not predict anything.

v) Pressing Call in the Dialler crashes Android.acore

vi) Exiting the Dialler/ Contacts (via the Home button for instance) is followed shortly by Android.acore crashing.

Weird one and only slightly annoying (you need a reboot to fix it), and I can't guarantee it wasn't in the original ROM, but I'll keep an eye on it.