Unread messages notification on lockscreen

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

The lockscreen helpfully indicates the number of unread text messages on the messaging shortcut icon. However, this appears to be only tied to the default Android messaging app. Consequently, even though I have already read all my messages through the Handcent app, the lockscreen still regards them as unread until sych a time as I also open and close the default Android messaging app. Is there any way to sever this irritating tie?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Have you disabled notifications from the stock messaging app?

I have unticked the box marked 'Display message notifications in status bar'. This prevents the icon appearing in the status bar (as it says on the tin) but does not seem to affect the notifications on the lockscreen.

Edit: Can I assume from your response that you do not have the same issue? If not, which messageing app do you use?

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

• 1 month later...
Guest ADROW

This was the first post I've found online mentioning this issue, the same thing happens for me. I haven't been able to figure it out, there don't seem to be any options for the lock screen that I can find.

Guest kyan31

To fix this, you clear defaults for the stock messaging app. Then you go to lock screen and slide to the messenging tab. It should ask what messaging app you want to use as deafult. Click the one you want and that should fix the problem. It did for me anyway :D. I am using Go SMS by the way.