Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest SteveNotts

i dont know about the clockwork bit but u can unroot it by going to SuperSU & settings then full unroot.

how did u get bubbles appear?

I was gently wiping the screen prior to putting a screen protector on and they just appeared.

I have reset the phone and it has come back on but all the Voda apps have gone so maybe Ill have to flash a rom?

Cheers

Steve

Guest FrankieADZ

can you post pics also invade it becomes a widespread issue

i dont know if its widespread yet tbh. ive not seen hundreds of ppl mention it yet tbf.

hope its not a widespread fault tho

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest SteveNotts

Have pressed quite firmly on the screen where the bubbles were and they have gone down now. There are slight marks where they were but they are only noticeable because I know they are there.

Not sure if ive cured it or just temp fixed it and they may reappear. Maybe the glass is glued and the glue is failing?

Bought online so think it has to go back to them online and not to a store.

Steve

Guest punjabi

Hi there punjabi....yes thats the one....for photos etc. Just having to put in and not do anything sounds just great to me :D and thank you so so much for helping me yet again...I really appreciate it :D :D

You're welcome, buddy.

Enjoy!

Guest twinkletino

Hi, Im back needing help again :blush: :blush: I cant receive or send picture messages (internet fine). I know the orange settings to enable this but dont know where to put this information on my phone. Instructions on how to do would be much appreciated thanks!!!

By the way Im just loving this phone :D

Edited by twinkletino

Guest Frankish

Menu, Settings, Wireless & Networks, Mobile Networks, Networks Settings, APN Names. Menu button, New APN. Enter settings. Make sure to press menu key and select save once done.

Guest twinkletino

Thanks for reply Frankish but nope not working for me.... on apn screen i have orangeinternet with orangemms underneath and a green button and orangemms with orangeinternet underneath no green button lit. Ive received a picture message and it wont let me download it. I dont know whether ive totally ballsed this up as I cant check internet as no data left. Oh just when I thought I was making progress!! Any advice appreciated please thanks :(

Edited by twinkletino

Guest feckineejit

Thanks for reply Frankish but nope not working for me.... on apn screen i have orangeinternet with orangemms underneath and a green button and orangemms with orangeinternet underneath no green button lit. Ive received a picture message and it wont let me download it. I dont know whether ive totally ballsed this up as I cant check internet as no data left. Oh just when I thought I was making progress!! Any advice appreciated please thanks :(

If i'm right, only one the orangeinternet should be green the other doesn't have to be,The reason you can't view picture message is because you have no data, picture messages use data, it was like that with the San Francisco as well.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Davidoff59

add the mms settings to the data settings so you have data and mms in the one apn. You only have to edit the data apn which you have now.

Guest twinkletino

Thanks for replies fekineejit and Davidoff59.... I didnt realise you needed data to get picture messages but Im sure I tried sending one before data ran out the other day which wasnt received by a family member and she sent me one which I couldnt view.

Davidoff59 could you please tell me how to add mms settings to the data settings so they are in one apn please (cant see where to edit) as I really am confused (that doesnt take much) :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Guest Davidoff59

If you just click on the apn that you already have, you will see mms parts already. You just need to add the mms details from your service provider then click save when done.

It should only be an extra few lines to add.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

HELP!

After rooting, unlocking and Clockwork on my phone, I now have bubbles under the glass (appear to be between glass and lcd screen)

I have seen someone else on here mention it also.

I have B885 original rom.

I now need to return it. Can you tell me how to remove root/clockwork please and also can I "Relock" the phone?

Cheers

Steve (Gutted)

Aye; that was me. I described it as a 'blob' but bubbles is a good way of expressing it. Mine appeared just left of centre and just above centre. It has happened three times in the past month I have owned it. I have flashed b888 so can't return it at present. Blob disappears if I remove battery and SIM card and press about a bit where the SIM card usually sits. When it is gone, I can't see any traces of it at all. I think I have seen one other person mention it, besides you.

Original thread here if you are interested.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest doley

sorry to sound really stupid but i have rooted my phone using pauls guide but i'm not exactly sure how to use superuser to get rid of the sims etc any help would be great

thanks in advance:)

Guest timfimjim

sorry to sound really stupid but i have rooted my phone using pauls guide but i'm not exactly sure how to use superuser to get rid of the sims etc any help would be great

thanks in advance:)

You can download Titanium Backup from the play store for free. In Titanium Backup you can then uninstall the apps you want.

Hope this helps :)

Guest doley

thanks for the quick reply i have installed titanium backup and when ive ran it it said failed to locate apk file when i tried to delete the sims

Guest feckineejit

thanks for the quick reply i have installed titanium backup and when ive ran it it said failed to locate apk file when i tried to delete the sims

Download rom toolbox from the market its free

Edited by feckineejit

It's because those apps are located in data/cust/app

You need to delete the apps from that location with a root explorer.

Edited by Guest

Guest doley

excellent thanks you for the help. rom toolbox worked great managed to uninstall the sims .is there a list of things that are ok to uninstall? can i uninstall maps or do i need them? again thanks for the help great site very helpful

Guest timfimjim

It's because those apps are located in data/cust/app

You need to delete the apps from that location with a root explorer.

Oops my bad... I'd usually get rid of them before I flash haha.

@Frankish, I think it would be really helpful if in the first post you say something like:

It's recommended to flash the B886 stock before flashing a custom ROM if you have volume problems.

I wouldn't have known this if it hadn't been in another thread

Edited by timfimjim

Guest maxmaximmax

How can I update to a stock ROM that has the volume fix already implemented (B886)?. Now I have stock B888. An attempt to install B884 or B886 ends with the message Installation failed. Thanks for any help.

Guest FrankieADZ

How can I update to a stock ROM that has the volume fix already implemented (B886)?. Now I have stock B888. An attempt to install B884 or B886 ends with the message Installation failed. Thanks for any help.

B888 rom does have the volume fix within it I think, as for going to B884/886 from B888, pretty sure you cant do that as B888 changes the partition size.