Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Quick question: do i have to root to install CWM? I'm currently on stock 2.3.6 with baseband 109808. Build number B886. Just wanna put ICS on it.

Edited by Daum

Guest samjam

Quick question: do i have to root to install CWM? I'm currently on stock 2.3.6 with baseband 109808. Just wanna put ICS on it.

I don't know, but unless you have a strong reason to install ICS your own way, you might consider following this guide - which has some additional safe steps, as well as the advantage that others might be able to help if you go wrong because they will at least know what you are doing

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/

Yeah, i was gonna follow this guide, but the original B886 rom is no longer available so i'm downloading B888. Anyway, i don't care for a stock GB rom so i was thinking about skipping the stock rom and just flashing CWM directly and get ICS, but i'm not sure if i should root first.

Guest bladebuddy
Yeah, i was gonna follow this guide, but the original B886 rom is no longer available so i'm downloading B888. Anyway, i don't care for a stock GB rom so i was thinking about skipping the stock rom and just flashing CWM directly and get ICS, but i'm not sure if i should root first.

I thought you had to be rooted to get CWM.

Guest samjam

I'm not sure why you need B888 as an intermediate step. I went straight to B926

I have read on the forum that it is difficult to go from B888 to other roms.

Thanks, i've rooted already and will try to jump to B926 directly.

Edit: CWM installed, Imei backed-up. Now just to wait a few minutes 'till B926 downloads.

Edit 2: Flashing B926 from a 2GB card (which as i've read is wrong but fingers crossed)

Edit 3: Flashed and operational :)

However, i feel sad that this is still branded by Huawei. Is there any way to get to the stock ICS look?

Edited by Daum

Guest portachking

Hi,

I'm new and I can't...

So I had a pretty fun day today. Rooted my phone, install ICS and updated it with Infusion Custom rom.

I'm having one big issue though. How do I move my apps onto the 8GB SD card I have mounted.

I was able to this fine with GB but with the new Rom I have no option but to store them on the internal memory. Help?

Guest goodfella123

Help - upgraded to the ICS 934 infusion rom, but when i installed titanium back up, it doesn't recognise any apps to restore. I copied them to the sd card and they're in the titanium backup folder.

Guest samjam

Help - upgraded to the ICS 934 infusion rom, but when i installed titanium back up, it doesn't recognise any apps to restore. I copied them to the sd card and they're in the titanium backup folder.

Same problem - no solution yet. When I try to set the backup folder Titanium claims the folder contains no backups.

Hi, i have got ok with flashing my phone from stock to ics 4.0.3 and had it on b927.

Then i have gone down from b927 to b926.

when i try to flash b934 via cwm or from the SD card it fails with the error message unable to verify signature in cwm

With other files like gapps and that it says unable to verify whole file signature.

Can anyone help me please as i can't even get play store on there now.

Cheers

I have a problem. When i hold the volume down and the power button the phone boots normally as if I were to hold the power button only, what could be the problem?

I installed the http://www.modaco.co...03-on-the-g300/ and everything works fine, except the last step, aka booting into recovery

Edit: Nvm, just had to hold on a little bit longer

Edited by Guest

Guest samjam

I have a problem. When i hold the volume down and the power button the phone boots normally as if I were to hold the power button only, what could be the problem?

I installed the http://www.modaco.co...03-on-the-g300/ and everything works fine, except the last step, aka booting into recovery

Edit: Nvm, just had to hold on a little bit longer

I find it hard to boot into recover. If you really have CWM installed, then just turn off you phone and then plug it into USB. It will probably boot into CWM (if that is what you mean by recovery)

I find it hard to boot into recover. If you really have CWM installed, then just turn off you phone and then plug it into USB. It will probably boot into CWM (if that is what you mean by recovery)

Yeah, I got everything working now, I used to have a galaxy 3 and the recovery term is stuck from xda :D

Guest romtastic

Hi, i have got ok with flashing my phone from stock to ics 4.0.3 and had it on b927.

Then i have gone down from b927 to b926.

when i try to flash b934 via cwm or from the SD card it fails with the error message unable to verify signature in cwm

With other files like gapps and that it says unable to verify whole file signature.

Can anyone help me please as i can't even get play store on there now.

Cheers

You could just flash Infusion which has B934. Thats what i did anyway, I went from the B926 Chinese to Infusion B934, just remember you have to root again and install cwm again too. easy enough.

Guest romtastic

Have you re-rooted your phone, titanium wont work properly unless rooted, when you move up to infusion, you have to do your root and cwm again.

Guest romtastic

Same problem - no solution yet. When I try to set the backup folder Titanium claims the folder contains no backups.

same as goodfella, have you tried re-rooting?

Guest Rico_89

Check that your default storage is set to SD card. System Settings/ Storage / Default Storage - Set to SD Card. Reboot, then try titanium. Don't know if that's the problem but worth a try.

Upgrade to Clockwork mod 5. You can install from new or boot into recovery and flash the upgrade zip.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest mpetrooo

Hy guys!

I need your help, Last week i lost my imei number, and the 5irom backup, but i was lucky, because i put back the ICS, and the imei number restored...

Next time i dont want to be luzky I want a full and safe backup, but I don't find the EFS folder(where the imei and other vital things stored)...

Can somebody tell me where can I find the EFS folder(my phone is rooted, and it has ICS 4.0.3)

ps: sorry for my poor engish, I hope you understand what I mean

Guest JHsaucy

Can anyone offer any advice, I have installed the official huawei ICS and i'm trying to get Dazzozo's CM10 rom, but whenever i try to install it through bootloader it says 'invalid whole package signature' and fails to install, and now my phone won't even go into bootloader when i hold down volume down.

Any help would be appreciated.