Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest wrtease

yes .okay i flashed a rom thats not for this model on it and bricked the mobile. i was on b934.you were on b926 yes.then now its stuck yes.well its the same process i was in.so i pulled out the battery and put the battery back in and holded down the volume key and powered on the mobile.it stuck at the logo.then i plugged in the usb cable and i ran the clockworkmod stuff.then it would say waiting on device.i then unpluged the usb cable and pluged in the usb cable still holding the volume down and it found the device and clockwork was back on.also if it still wont work pull the battery and keep the cable plugged in and insert the battery it should work while waiting on device.clockwork should now be on .hope this helps as it did for me and a couple of others.good luck .

yes .okay i flashed a rom thats not for this model on it and bricked the mobile. i was on b934.you were on b926 yes.then now its stuck yes.well its the same process i was in.so i pulled out the battery and put the battery back in and holded down the volume key and powered on the mobile.it stuck at the logo.then i plugged in the usb cable and i ran the clockworkmod stuff.then it would say waiting on device.i then unpluged the usb cable and pluged in the usb cable still holding the volume down and it found the device and clockwork was back on.also if it still wont work pull the battery and keep the cable plugged in and insert the battery it should work while waiting on device.clockwork should now be on .hope this helps as it did for me and a couple of others.good luck .

cheers .....ill give that a go, then it might fly out the window.....lol

i cant tell you the rom i tried top secret?

Tried what you suggested, no go sorry to say, phone works with B926 but diff model shown, u8818v100r001c17B926 , but seems to be a version that will not let me updateand no google, even gapps will not install says "signature verification failed" think i need to uninstall root, clockwork etc, as i said green man has red triangle with black exclamation which i guess means something is wrong..........thanks for trying to help

bryfly

what did it do .just asking .how did it solve your issues.

Now there is a question.lol.....as i said did have it working fine, then somehow installed a rom which was in english but chinese based, no google etc. Then i tried to use the method on page one of this thread, but it would not let me install anything, not even Gapps, no matter how many times i rooted and installed cwm.

late last night i noticed that with button up and switch on it was not entering CWM, but was going to, Andriod system recovery <3e>.....Andriod system utility. I downloaded what you suggested and ran that, then went to install CWM on page 1 and it went fine from there on...........hope that helps, any more questions ill try to answer, but bit of a novice at this..... cheers

Guest Hoggonator

Help (please)

Thought I would have a go at loading bootloader and clockwork mod as per the instructions in the pinned thread '

Explained Like Your 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch

'

Remove the battery, wait 10 seconds and then reinsert it. Make sure you do this or the following steps will not work

Hold the Volume Down and Power on button together for 15 seconds. Your phone should start and freeze on the splash screen

I installed bootloader, then pulled the battery as per above and switched on but all I get is a flashing Hauwei boot screen - not a constant frozen one and the Clockwork-g300 batch file just sits in the command window stating that it is "waiting for device"

This is a stock 892 phone that has been rooted and that is it.

Guest Hoggonator

Hi, but how can I root it again if it will not turn on? I get the flashing screen if I turn it on normally or if I hold the power and volume down button.

The phone was on stock GB 892 and rooted.

I performed and IMEI backup

I ran the bootloader-g300 batch file

I disconnected from the computer

I pulled the battery and waited about a minute

I put the battery back in and switched on via power and vol down

I received the flashing splash screen

I scratched my head, but followed the instructions, reconnected via USB then ran the clockworkmod batch file

I waited....

I tried again

I waited....

I posted

I pulled the usb and reinserted with power down

I waited

I thought "bugger - I think I have probably borked my phone..."

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest Hoggonator

I was on stock 892 GB on a phone that was only rooted. Nothing else.

I ran bootloader - that seemed to go fine, I got to the point where it said press a key to continue.

Then it all went wrong as per above.

I was going to installed Clockwork mod and move to the NZ rom as I was bored with waiting for the UK ICS update. However I did not get past to the point of installing clockwork mod.

Does that help? Sorry if I am not being clear here. The main issue seems to be I cannot get past the flashing bootscreen that seems to imply to me that I have borked the booting process.

Guest Hoggonator

PC does not pick it up - it was before I started this as I moved the IMEI back up to the PC from the phone.

USB debugging was ticked as that is in the instructions.

I thing unknown devices was, but cannot guarantee that. That is not in the instructions.

Guest Tony5101

Hi Guys,

This is the first time that I've tried to flash a ROM and I'm stuck.

I've managed to follow the instructions from this thread

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/

and am at the stage of trying to download and install CWM.

Unless I'm totally missing something, I can't seem to download the files that are referenced in the first page of this thread (section 3)

The install seems to have gone fine so far, except I can't install the Google Apps file - it keeps erroring.

Do I need to install CWM before the google apps?

I've been on hours so far, and am beginning to wish I hadn't started :( This is daughters new phone, and thought I was helping by trying to update her to the latest software. Feeling pretty miserable at the mo :(

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

T

yes you do .make shure you have usb debugging ticked in settings .go to development and tick it.

second go to settings and go to secuirity and tick unknown devices.

then do the root part

then do the clockwork stuff

hope this helps you.

Guest Tony5101

Just to update - managed to get CWM installed by following these instructions http://www.modaco.co...s-from-scratch/ - however, am now stuck at the point of trying to install the ROM.

The instructions are to go into CWM - which I have, and then select install zip from SD card. Everytime I select this option, the screen is left blank except for the 'tophat' in the centre which is now bold.

I must be doing something wrong, but just can't figure it out. - been trying to sort this out for the best part of 6 hours now :(

Edited by Tony5101