Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest kiteboywales

Hi guys posted the following in another section on the forums I guess it may belong here.

Thanks for the guides btw im slowing starting to understand - slowly

my post from yesterday below:

"Just bought a new G300 today on vodafone - was looking to install ICS but am I right in saying to hold off for now or just download and install??

Currently on stock 2.3.6

Ive read that theres no hardware acceleration in ICS version from huawei - is that correct???

Not sure what to do - first android phone - any info would be appreciated right now

Thanks and sorry -was initially thinking of "rooting" and installing a custom rom as in the sticky guide on this forum but have no clue if that would have any benefits really

This official update confused what I was going to do

Sorry for being a noob "

Now I take it that vodafone are dragging their heels releasing their OTA firmware - so Im back to thinking just install a ICS custom rom perhaps infusion - would that be a decent choice do you think

Can you restore (i take it you can) and are there any other pitfalls - things not working in these custom roms etc again sorry for being a noob with android

But from what ive read theres can be a lot of intracacies

Edited by kiteboywales

Hi,

This is driving me bonkers. Searching the forum hasn't helped so far.

Battery was low this morning, got the message suggesting that I go into power saving mode so I clicked OK.

I've now got the phone on a charger (after a reboot) and suspect that it's still in power saving mode (screen dims very fast when its inactive).

Is there a way to check if it's still in power saving mode?

How do you revert to normal mode?

Thanks for any pointers.

PS Android 4.0.3 baseband 2030.

Edited by Yoo2

HI guys

some help need please.

I have the favaroo b3 flashed rom over my 936 but find there are no power toggles. i have this as wighet though but like to get it on the pull down bar. is there a way to do it, or do i have to download it from somewhere. if so how do download it and put it on.

Hi,

This is driving me bonkers. Searching the forum hasn't helped so far.

Battery was low this morning, got the message suggesting that I go into power saving mode so I clicked OK.

I've now got the phone on a charger (after a reboot) and suspect that it's still in power saving mode (screen dims very fast when its inactive).

Is there a way to check if mm it's still in power saving mode?

How do you revert to normal mode?

Thanks for any pointers.

PS Android 4.0.3 baseband 2030.

Found the answer, used zdbox which allows you to flip between the two modes.see screenshot.

post-989434-0-49226100-1348746203_thumb.

Guest Jaisan888

Backed-up my system set-up of B934 with CWM, installed Infusion (no storage-fix). Restored the device with that CWM back-up, now my phone is back showing ICS B934 with all the previous applications and settings...................................but but the performance is noticeably increased ie screen is more receptive and everything is less lethargic.

Which is why my device is "Still on ICS B934/Infusion ?". I know not why..........what has occurred.

Hope you enjoy your beer...........................................

Edited by Jaisan888

Guest BigEric

Edit: False Alarm!!

I stumbled on this post of Cyda's:

I've given you a link to a guide that explains how to install CWM and I have just tested the links, they work fine here.

Here is a direct link to the putlocker link: http://www.putlocker...C58272EBA80A95F

That link still works and then the instructions at the top of this thread work!

E

Hi,

I'm hoping one day I'll get the hang of all of this...

I'm trying to install clockworkmod following the instructions here: http://huaweig300.co...rkmod-recovery/

I'm using a Mac, my phone's baseband is 2030 and has stock ICS installed.

I have rooted the phone already.

The section in the instructions I'm at is:

1. Make sure your phone is still connected to your computer.

2. From your computer, go back to the Terminal, and make sure it is still pointed to the Tools for G300 Mac folder.

3. Enter the following commands into the terminal:

chmod +x bootloader-g300.sh
    ./bootloader-g300.sh
    Troubleshooting

If you are stuck on < waiting for device > for longer than 10 minutes, or receive error device not found, unplug the cable from your computer and plug it into another USB port. It's best to plug it into a port on the back of your computer. If this doesn't fix the problem, disconnect your phone, restart your computer and phone, and then try again.

4. Wait for your phone to reboot.

5. Keep the terminal window open.

6. Power off your phone and disconnect it from your computer.

7. Remove the battery, wait 10 seconds and then reinsert it. Make sure you do this or the following steps will not work!

8. Hold the Volume Down and Power on button together for 15 seconds. Your phone should start and freeze on the splash screen.

9. Reconnect your phone to your computer.

10. From your computer, go back to the Terminal, and make sure it is still pointed to the Tools for G300 Mac folder.

11. Enter the following commands into the terminal:

chmod +x clockwork-g300.sh
    ./clockwork-g300.sh

At this point I'm getting an error in my Terminal saying:

bigeric$ ./clockwork-g300.sh

error: cannot load 'cwm.img'

rebooting...

Then I'm back at the prompt and the phone reboots?

Why can't I get CWM to install?

E

Edited by BigEric

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chyllyphylly

Hi, does anyone have a link to the cwmrecovery.bat files? I am downloading via my phone and it doesn't like the cyberloocker sites.

I tried the img one, but got confused

Guest chyllyphylly

Hi, does anyone have a link to the cwmrecovery.bat files? I am downloading via my phone and it doesn't like the cyberloocker sites.

I tried the img one, but got confused

Sorry to be a pain, but anyone able to help...... please?

Guest only1carra

I have today recieved my Huawei G330 after having a G300 before.

The phone arrived from China Unlocked and rooted with a recovery called GENO mod recovery installed.

Unfortunately the recovery was in Chinese and the ICS software had Chinese elements. SOO.......

I flashed the ICS software rom I was using on my G300, I thought it could handle the same software but seems not!

The phone will now not start up and wont go into recovery either. When it starts up it flashes onto a black screen for 4 seconds and then onto the white and red 3G WO screen for a secon, as if it is restarting every 4 seconds. When you try to access recovery now itjust freezes onto the Splash screen :(

ANy ideas how I can fix this???? If I could at leat get back into the recovery that would be a start, ive tried installing CWM recovery with no joy, is there a specific CWM recovery for this model that I can try and if so do you have a link to a direct download.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

After I successfully updated my G300 to ICS, I noticed that it is not possible to turn on or off the mobile data via the widget. Everything else works OK on widget, I can switch on and off wifi, bluetooth etc. I tried to restart the phone, to remove the battery, to remove than replace the widget on home screen but nothing helped. Has someone some advice?

Guest funbags666

Hello. I've been trying for the last several days to flash ICS onto my new g300. I purchased it unlocked from an Australian eBay seller. It's an Australian Vodafone version. I ran the firmware update from 'about phone' and it downloaded a 40 meg file and ran it (there was no SD card present). It successfully installed. I then got a micro sd and rooted and backed up the imei. Now ... No matter what firmwares I download and even running middle.app I get an update failed screen. It won't let me change a thing. I'm stuck in GB. What am I doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest matthewfrosty

So I wanted to unlock my phone to go from Vodafone to GiffGaff, I bought the phone from a Vodafone shop so obviously its locked. Now I've got an unlock code so I put the GiffGaff sim in and try to dial the unlock code but I cant because I have no service, any idea what im missing/ doing wrong?

Guest djalpha
IMG_0504.JPG

What bootlogo is this? Doesn't like that

Before i installed ICS there was a huawei logo

You have installed B926 (chinese update), so bootloader image has changed. But reading through the forum, you will find a way to change it ;) (cannot find direct link for you)

[EDIT]

Edited by djalpha

Hi,

New to the forum so hello.

I recently bought a g300 got it unlocked and love it, for the most part. But I want to make it faster and smoother... But I'm unsure on how to root. I use a mac, I think my main problem is not understanding terminal... Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Joe

Guest bnaxirl

Posted this in another thread before I saw this, might be better suited here Really looking to get away from the official ICS update, any suggestions?

Hi guys, new to this forum and while I find it very informative I also find it very intimidating. I'm on the official OTA ICS update and I find it buggy, I've followed the excellent tutorial on this page and have arrived at "how to install a custom ICS ROM", which contains a link back to the forum. This is where I come unstuck, how and where do I choose a rom, how do I know which is the best rom to choose? I really could do with the step by step details as given in the rest of the tutorial

Posted this in another thread before I saw this, might be better suited here Really looking to get away from the official ICS update, any suggestions?

Hi guys, new to this forum and while I find it very informative I also find it very intimidating. I'm on the official OTA ICS update and I find it buggy, I've followed the excellent tutorial on this page and have arrived at "how to install a custom ICS ROM", which contains a link back to the forum. This is where I come unstuck, how and where do I choose a rom, how do I know which is the best rom to choose? I really could do with the step by step details as given in the rest of the tutorial

With regard to which ROM to choose, there are several custom ROM's available on the forum. I'm still on B886 (Gingerbread) so I can't advise. However I used this excellent guide to root my phone and I think you will find it useful?

Guest bnaxirl

Thanks diddydavro but I've already rooted using that method, It's what to do when I get to the last stage (instal a custom rom) that I get stuck. It's what to pick and from where. A lot of what's written is not easy to understand for the newbie, which is why I was looking for a step by step guide.

Hello, first of all I'm sorry if its wrong topic but I dont know where to post.

I have few questions and I need help so I would be grateful if someone answers at least one question

- My G300 is rooter and bootloader unlocked, today I installed CM10 and then switched to CM9 but neither of them is fast enought, I mean, original rom that came with phone was faster (2.x.x?)

So,

1. is there a way to factory reset everything and then start from 0

2. is it normal to CM be slightly slower than orginal huawei rom

3. us there best rom? I mean fastes rom? Some people tell me to put orginal rom from huawei and put modded kernel (to optimaze ram and cpu) so is this true?

Thank you very much