Mic Problem

Guest dhoomktoo1

Guest dhoomktoo1

For the last two days, my microphone is not working correctly. whenever i call the other person complains that he is not able to hear me even on full volume. the sound for the rest of the functions ( music / tones etc seems fine ). just to verify i did check this with fresh installations of latest ATOMICMOD and ATOMICS but the problem is still there.

Tillaz is there a way to check if the microphone is working properly through the hardware app you previously had with atomicmod?

wonder if anyone else has faced this issue with skate and has a possible solution.?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dhoomktoo1

Guest dibbles

For some strange reason this has just happened also with both my own and my wife's phone. We have both been using the AtomICS ROM.

What I found was that the person at the other end could hardly hear me but if I put the phone on loud speaker it was better for them.!

Eventually I removed the back off the phone and removed the top cover (held in with multiple screws) then I carefully lifted up that cover at the bottom which exposed the microphone on the circuit board. With it separated I used a needle from the front to clean out the microphone hole and I had to remove the small circular felt pad as mine was partially blocking it. Then I put it all back together and now it seems fine during a call.

Make sure that, if you use one, your outer case isn't covering the microphone hole.

Strange how it started for us on both of our phones at the same time.?

Doing the same with my wife's phone also improved hers.

Edited by dibbles

Guest dhoomktoo1

Thanks dibbles.. Will try that.. Just to verify i restored the ice armor rom which was 15 days old and the sound in the call was better than AtomICS / atomicmod but still not great... This makes me more confused since the software restore made a different to the microphone sound quality... So the problem seems to be a combination of software and hardware.. Thoughts? Possible Solution?

Guest dibbles

It is strange. Have you tried what I did during a call..? Place the phone on loud speaker and the person on the other end can hear quite a difference to when it is placed "normal"...?

I was tempted to change to another ROM, although I do really like the AtomICE, but is it just coincidence that each of us have had such an issue whilst using that ROM...?

Strange indeed.

Maybe H3ROS could comment as he is the creator of that fine ROM...?