Improving touch screen sensitivity

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

I have noticed that it takes a few taps on the screen to get in app functions to work. The keyboard is also a bit laggy and I was wondering if it is possible to increase the responsiveness in any way

Guest hugobosslives

presumably you are on cm9/AOKP?

not quite sure what you mean by "taps on the screen to get in app functions to work" or are you just talking general tapping?

but a new keyboard from the market fixes the lag I used to get in the browser from the stock keyboard.

Guest Redstarr1

Well for CPU, you could overclock with no-frills or setcpu. For RAM, you could use a taskkiller. Sometimes rebooting your phone reduces sluggishness, if you have apps that keep running in the background and clutter your memory. Android is always a bit more sluggish than iOS or Windows Phone, especially on cheaper phones. It's the only mobile platform where manufacturers stress the hardware of their phones so much, because a faster CPU really makes a difference. You don't see quadcore Windows Phones because they work very fluently on single cores already.

I also remember that ICS uses the GPU for rendering. Could be that Adreno 200 just isn't up to that. The GPU gets oc'ed along with the CPU anyway. ICS itself is also bigger than GB, so takes up more memory from your phone.

A lot of people in the ICS topics here are saying it speeds up their phone. So either they are just prejudiced because it's ICS and it's "better", or your problem is more individual. My opinion though is that ICS was designed for better devices. There are only a few ICS phones for sale at the moment and they're all very powerful (HTC One X and S, Galaxy Nexus). You just can't compare an ARMv6 device with stuff like that. At the moment Gingerbread is just so much more finetuned for devices like the Skate, I don't get why you would put something on it that's clearly intended for much higher end devices. My opinion is that if you want responsiveness, there are some great GB roms here that will give you some ICS features as well.

ICS might get developed enough to replace GB at some point, but right now it's very experimental.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest trueno2k

I thought I have my 2cents worth and say I installed a version on the touch screen recalibration apk and currently am not buying it yet!... I still get the odd miss touch and have to tap on something a couple or so times, but I've only been testing this for couple of hours...

I may need to see the benefits on a long term use basis... maybe you could put a link to which apk you have installed that is working for you?

Okay, l8rz, 2cents over :P

Edited by trueno2k