[ROM] Kickass Rom V1.1b [2.3.5] [Sep14]

Guest Pinguy

Idk how to fix front camera (maybe if you flash-install camera from stock rom - read rest of the forum )...Battery life is same as in Cyanogen mod 9 i think - didnt really tested it so i cant spreak... You should flash this rom and try yourself ....OFC after flashing it come back and write your impressions .

Hey pinguy i have problem with battery drain...Call standby is using more battery then display also when 3G is on battery is drain even more quickly ... I dont have any issues like that with other roms for this phone can you please look in to it ?

Will that beats stuff work on CM7?

Yeah it should. I am 99% sure it will work with CM7, but make a backup before trying.

Beats Audio works on any ROM on 2.3 or above. There's a huge thread over at XDA.

That not 100% true. I had to make a few changes to get Beats working on the TMV. If you look a few post in on this thread I did say about I couldn't get Beats working on the phone. I have now fixed that.

Will flash it as soon as i download it and will start testing... What are the changes ?

P.S.Couldnt flash this new version(tryed couple of times) i got this error : assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.ing","boot") E:Error in /sdcard/Kickass-ROM_V1_1b.zip (status 7) Installation aborted....

Edited by dimi89

Will flash it as soon as i download it and will start testing... What are the changes ?

P.S.Couldnt flash this new version(tryed couple of times) i got this error : assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.ing","boot") E:Error in /sdcard/Kickass-ROM_V1_1b.zip (status 7) Installation aborted....

I have had no issues installing this. I will try and recreate the issue you are having and see about fixing it, but for now you can just flash the kernel from here once the ROM is installed. The error you are getting is the kernel not installing. Seems like the ROM is installed but fails at flashing the kernel.

Guest AmbushReality

I have had no issues installing this. I will try and recreate the issue you are having and see about fixing it, but for now you can just flash the kernel from here once the ROM is installed. The error you are getting is the kernel not installing. Seems like the ROM is installed but fails at flashing the kernel.

Is all them apps still in there, like they was before?

No.

Hey dude I really love your rom, but my sister hates it because she always uses her front camera for photos *rolls eyes*, is there ANY way around the frontiers bug? It seems to work fine with other roms.

Stock-FnC and Kickass ROM (couple more roms) are only roms where front camera is working....Someone mentioned that if you download LG camera you will fix the upside down front camera i just dont know if that will work on this rom.Try it and tell us.

P.S. GB700 at FnC7 topic wrote : " Just flash FnC with the original camera app from the stock rom, or using adb - adb the camera.apk to replace the FnC version. I did this, no upside down cam " try this on Kickass rom

Edited by dimi89

Was using this rom for couple of days and i can say it is realy great but i have still battery drain issue (even when i switch to 2G network) then i tested cyanogen mod 7 and no battery issues at all even i menaged to get my phone running for 2,5 days with minimanl use.I was wandering is it because cyanogenmod and kickass are using different kernels? What will happend if i flash kickass rom and cyanogen mod 7 kernel ? Will it work and will i improove battery ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Tried to install this on my OSF2, correct md5 etc but I got this error;

"assert failed; write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img"."boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/Kickass-ROM_V1.1b.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

edit-

Might be my SD card. It wouldn't let me flash CM7 either. I'll try it again later.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest AmbushReality
Tried to install this on my OSF2, correct md5 etc but I got this error;

"assert failed; write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img"."boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/Kickass-ROM_V1.1b.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

edit-

Might be my SD card. It wouldn't let me flash CM7 either. I'll try it again later.

I get a different Error when I try

Guest dimi89

@john i suggest you to falsh this rom and try it yourself for couple of days.Best battery life i curently get with Cyanogenmod 7 and his derivates ( all roms that are based on cyanogen 7) but there is some things that arent working on CM7 like radio and front camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is the anyone has the problems with web browser ? Mine problem is with some websites for example with ebay.Page loading correct(to ebay mobile) but if i whant to switch to classic browser(to normal view as on pc) displaying WEB PAGE NOT AVAILABLE. This problem repeat on other websites aswell. Im trying with stock browser,dolphin browser,opera and there is similar problems.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TheColdOne

Hey guys, Im buying studio beats by dr dre headphones and I was wondering if they will work on this phone? Im on this rom, kickass v1.1 and I thinks its the best rom for this phone, Ive seen that youve put in some beats audio stuff and can you please tell me will headphones work?