New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest FrankieADZ

Guessing the root still works?

Thanks

i managed to re-root by device after installing B888..also had to re-install clockworkmod recovery aswell

Guest Mrian

had several false starts and failed updates...

I was using a 16 gb SD card mucked around for a day and a night.. then found my old 2 gb sd card and it now sems to be installing joy!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Post for info

After updating to B888 I have spent time trying to restore b882, b884, b886 from CWM - failed

I tried to install b882, b884, b886 using forced update via dload folder - failed

I tried team win recovery b882, b884, b886, - failed

Restore or install of b888 over b888 works all 3 methods - as does the install of super recovery, CWM and Team windows recovery if you have B888 installed

So I guess untill someone is able to resize the partitions and packages it up to reflash the original partitions, if you have B888 you wont be able to downgrade (for the time being)

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest bumps

no big deal imo, after using b888 all of today it's just made me feel like this phone is even more of a bargin. It's so smooth and responsive now :D

Guest Frankish

I think if you just restore system, data and cache partitions it might let you restore your old nandroid backups.

Guest punjabi

I think if you just restore system, data and cache partitions it might let you restore your old nandroid backups.

I used the built in Huawei backup app. It restored all the settings perfectly fine for me.

Guest kradcliffe

I will run the B888 update and restore apps & settings with Titanium backup. Will let you know what happens but I don't foresee any problems.

Keith

Guest Patrick73

Huawei Device UK Hi Mark and Matthew! We expect an update to be available tomorrow. We will update you on how to update your device during the day.

this was on the facebook page for Huawei

Guest FrankieADZ

Huawei Device UK Hi Mark and Matthew! We expect an update to be available tomorrow. We will update you on how to update your device during the day.

this was on the facebook page for Huawei

can I dream that it will be ICS?...or am I getting ahead of myself...lol.

Guest feckineejit

Don't know if it's been posted but Huawei sent me a post on facebook saying: Hello. We expect an update to be available tomorrow. We will update you during the day. Thanks for bearing with us.

oops just spotted Patrick's post saying the same thing :)

Edited by feckineejit

Guest wiiija

I've had a few force closes today with the Facebook app on B888, not sure what is causing it, I will try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Guest Davidoff59

Lets hope it is a B888 rom as we can't downgrade at the moment.

Reg Facebook app, there are plenty if issues reported with it, especially on ICS. I doubt its the rom itself. Did you ever read that list of permissions that it requests? Quite an extensive list.

Guest kradcliffe

Updated to B888 flashing from within the phone (main & vendor updates)

Restored from Titanium and it's all fine.

Keith

Guest achromic

Flashed to B888, restored everything with titanium and no problems reported. This is definitely smoother than before. I like it :D

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest FrankieADZ

also...on this update tomorrow...I wonder if it will fix these said security loop holes that Paul found; also kinda hoping someone uses it was a starter for a rom :)

*dreamer i know. lol

Guest kradcliffe

It's looking good though ..... only a few weeks out and the B888 is working well. Unbelievable handset for £100 :)

I guess tomorrow's release will be B888 with all the Voda crapware on top!

Edited by kradcliffe

Guest FrankieADZ

It's looking good though ..... only a few weeks out and the B888 is working well. Unbelievable handset for £100 :)

I guess tomorrow's release will be B888 with all the Voda crapware on top!

hopefully Paul updates his ROM with this new update :)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest FrownBreaker

Just extracted all apps and data from my CWR backup using Titanium and everything working fine :)

I'm used to CWR and have used it for backups / restores. Not used titanium is there a simple guide on how to use it with CWR?

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest punjabi

I've also updated to B888 - all working just fine.

The stock browaser is definately more faster with this one...

Guest Davidoff59

Frownbreaker, titanium backup backs up all apps on the phone so when you flash a new rom, you simply restore the backups of the apps which are stored on the SD card. The full version does more like freezing apps so that they don't run and more.

So clockworkmod flashes the rom, and titanium backs up and restores the apps basically. You can also restore data that was in notebook for example. It will not backup contacts or messages as far as I know.

Guest Simon O

If this update makes the system partition larger in preparation for an ICS update then this is a very good thing. ICS takes up a lot more room than Gingerbread does.

I wouldn't be surprised if any upcoming ICS custom roms require people to have used the B888 update to resize the partitions. It has happened before on other Huawei devices.

Guest Frankish

Flib...you're probably right. Shame Huawei haven't given a more specific time for the ICS update. You need to get one of these too mate :)

Guest FrownBreaker

Frownbreaker, titanium backup backs up all apps on the phone so when you flash a new rom, you simply restore the backups of the apps which are stored on the SD card. The full version does more like freezing apps so that they don't run and more.

So clockworkmod flashes the rom, and titanium backs up and restores the apps basically. You can also restore data that was in notebook for example. It will not backup contacts or messages as far as I know.

Thanks. I selected the option in Titanium Root (Free version) to backup apps and other bits it ran for a while and said completed. 121 apps backed up.

Edited by FrownBreaker