New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest Davidoff59

eirlybill, if you flashed the vendor file, you will see toggle switches when you pull down the notification bar.

Why has it been named the UK rom here when the file name says North East Europe?

Guest Maximus9

the B888 rom is still there, i just clicked on the link and its there for me :)

ICS is an official ROM/firmware.

Can you please upload it somewhere else? The Huawei site not working for me either.

Guest Maximus9

Hey guys, I have to return the phone because the screen went mental, just keeps on acting weird and recording presses although I do not even touch it.

The problem is I installed the B888. How can I revert to something "official" to keep my warranty ?

I am under the 7 days so I can return it, but still, they might create me problems.

Guest FrankieADZ

Can you please upload it somewhere else? The Huawei site not working for me either.

i didnt manage to d/l it all...i cancel it :(

Sorry bout that.

Guest Davidoff59

I have seen people have done this but its confusing as others report it doesn't work. After going back to B882 stock, they can't ota update to a later rom.

Guest Maximus9

Confusing is the key word... I will wait a few days maybe an official ROM will appear. They have to send me the return envelope anyway.

Stupid question, but I must ask: will installing the un-branded un-official B888 ROM also unlock the phone from vodafone network?

Guest Davidoff59

It wont unlock the sim lock. They are totally unconnected.

Please note there is an official B888 on Huawei's website. Link is on this forum

Guest Maximus9

It wont unlock the sim lock. They are totally unconnected.

Please note there is an official B888 on Huawei's website. Link is on this forum

Did you check the link? There is nothing there... tried and tried, but is not working.

But might be a sign that they are working on it. Hopefully.

Guest Davidoff59

There is. I clicked on it and it asks you to register first. I registered but couldn't download to phone so will try on PC tomorrow now I have registered

Guest Maximus9

Any progress on downgrading from this to earlier official versions?

I really need to return my phone and I am afraid they will reject it because I installed the B888.

Guest Jekle

Any progress on downgrading from this to earlier official versions?

I really need to return my phone and I am afraid they will reject it because I installed the B888.

They will not reject your phone, B888 is an offical upgrade from the Manufactuer. Even if it is a custom ROM they hardly ever check it. But just to be sure Flash B888 again and make sure all your data is wiped and safe.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Somebody told me that Frankish knows a way to get it close enought to stock to get through warranty. I have not pursued it but it might be worth sending him a pm if you need to know.

Yeah you just put update.app on root of sd card for B882 and power off device,then power on with both volume keys pressed in.

This will TPT your device back to the stock rom with all the vodafone crapware,along with stock recovery.

Unless frankish is talking about another way,you would have to ask him.

Edited by Guest